Author Topic: Fremantle to Launch Buzzr TV-Featuring Classic Goodson Shows  (Read 85120 times)

Offline Dallas Sidekicks

• In the Audience
I haven't seen those yet.  In Dallas, I believe Buzzr will be Channel 27-3 -- ??  My indoor antenna is ready.  Should I get up at 5 a.m. Monday to record their first day?

Yes it will be on 27.3
Who have the Powerade Sports Drink ok your on !!!!

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
I think the idea of Buzzr TV is great. Having a channel devoted to classic games shows-only is fantastic; however, without strong staples that people are familiar with today like The Price is Right, Family Feud and even Match Game to a degree, I don't think it will do well. Everyone here mentions shows like Concentration, Now You See It, Sale of the Century - a good portion of this forum is made up of game show fans (not necessarily just TPiR) - but the general population probably has no idea what those shows are and will likely not care that they're back on.

If they want to capitalize on the library they have, air RANDOM episodes of Price is Right from the last 15 years - one day could be Bob, the next Drew - that way people will have to tune in everyday and can't just opt to watch Bob's episodes instead of Drew's (or Bob's episodes for first-run CBS episodes) because they won't know who is hosting the episode on Buzzr that day.

Just my two cents...
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline LarryC

• In Contestant's Row
If they want to capitalize on the library they have, air RANDOM episodes of Price is Right from the last 15 years.

Has anyone determined if they're not showing The Price is Right (when they launch, anyway) because it would "compete" with the current version on CBS, or because Bob won't clear his appearances on the Holly/fur/Dian/etc. episodes? 

Or both?

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
I think the idea of Buzzr TV is great. Having a channel devoted to classic games shows-only is fantastic; however, without strong staples that people are familiar with today like The Price is Right, Family Feud and even Match Game to a degree, I don't think it will do well. Everyone here mentions shows like Concentration, Now You See It, Sale of the Century - a good portion of this forum is made up of game show fans (not necessarily just TPiR) - but the general population probably has no idea what those shows are and will likely not care that they're back on.

If they want to capitalize on the library they have, air RANDOM episodes of Price is Right from the last 15 years - one day could be Bob, the next Drew - that way people will have to tune in everyday and can't just opt to watch Bob's episodes instead of Drew's (or Bob's episodes for first-run CBS episodes) because they won't know who is hosting the episode on Buzzr that day.

Just my two cents...

Considering how well GSN did before they had TPIR and after they had TPIR, I think Buzzr will be fine.  Fremantle has specifically mentioned they are aiming for an older audience who would remember other classic game shows as well.  To suggest that Buzzr won't do that well without TPIR is honestly stretching it quite a bit.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
Here's the weekend schedule for Buzzr.  The E/I programming are the non game shows on the schedule in the morning.  Saturday Night has a VERY cool feature.  Here's the weekend schedule.

Saturday:

6A/6:30 Family Feud
7A/7:30 Tattletales
8A Child's Play
8:30 Body Language
9A Blockbusters
9:30 Card Sharks
10A/10:30: Stanley on the Go (E/I)
11A-1P: To Tell the Truth/What's My Line/I've Got a Secret
1P-3P: To Tell the Truth/What's My Line/I've Got a Secret
3P: Child's Play
3:30: Body Language
4P: Blockbusters
4:30: Card Sharks
5P/5:30: Family Feud
6P Child's Play
6:30 Body Language
7P: Blockbusters
7:30: Card Sharks
8P-11P: Buzzr Time Machine (5 to 6 shows in a 3 hour span from the same decade)
11P-2A: Buzzr Time Machine (5 to 6 shows in a 3 hour span from the same decade)
2A/2:30A: Family Feud
3A/3:30A: Family Feud
4A/4:30A: Super Password
5A/5:30A: Super Password

Sunday:

6A/6:30A: Match Game
7A/7:30A: Match Game
8A/8:30A: Let's Make a Deal
9A/9:30A: Let's Make a Deal
10A/10:30A: Dog Tales (E/I)
11A/11:30A: Animal Rescue (E/I)
12P/12:30P: Super Password
1P/1:30P: Super Password
2P/2:30P: Match Game
3P/3:30P: Match Game
4P/4:30P: Family Feud
5P/5:30P: Family Feud
6P/6:30P: Press Your Luck
7P/7:30P: Press Your Luck
8P-11P: Monster Buzz (Monster Garage/Monster Garage/Monster House)
11P-2A: Monster Buzz (Monster Garage/Monster Garage/Monster House)
2A/2:30A: Press Your Luck
3A/3:30A: Press Your Luck
4A/4:30A: Match Game
5A/5:30A: Match Game
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:23:34 PM by jimlange »

Offline rick420buzz

• Walking the Golden Road
I sure hope a station in the Colorado Springs/Pueblo market gets this. The schedules I saw posted in the thread remind me of what I loved so much about GSN. The classics.

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
Here's hoping my area eventually gets this channel as well. I'm curious what episodes of Press Your Luck they will begin with.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline TVC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
The scheduled programming is appealing provided it is run at normal speed and is not adulterated with graphical overlays, and the credits are shown full screen. I hope the syndicated versions of TTTT and WML? are aired.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
The scheduled programming is appealing provided it is run at normal speed and is not adulterated with graphical overlays, and the credits are shown full screen. I hope the syndicated versions of TTTT and WML? are aired.

While they could be, the spacing of them suggests to me that it is the B & W versions for now.

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
So, the channel has apparently launched early (at least in Michigan). First show I've caught was a 1984 (first season) Super Password with Bert Convy.

To answer the burning question: yes, the shows are totally unedited, all promotional plugs are intact, as are the credits. Currently up is the 1970s version of Card Sharks with Jim Perry. This must be some kind of demo version because the shows that are airing don't match up with the schedule Jamal had posted for Saturday.

There doesn't seem to be any paid advertisment yet as the commercial breaks have been showing little My Dinner With Andre style segments with Monty Hall and Wayne Brady, discussing Let's Make a Deal. They're also airing promos for their programming blocks, which I've seen footage of Dawson's Family Feud, Tattletales, Hall's Let's Make a Deal, the 1970s Match Game and black and white I've Got a Secret.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:43:21 PM by Kyle »

Offline 1DC

• In Contestant's Row
My area won't be getting Buzzr TV but I was interested in seeing more old episodes of 1970s Match Game as well as more classic Price is Right

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
Any Canadian markets picking up this station?

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus

Unless you can pick up NY's stations with an antenna, most likely not.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
Also for those of you who live in the Chicago area, this will be of interest to you.  A member of Game Show Forum was notified on his Comcast billing statement that Buzzr will be available on their limited basic cable service beginning July 30th.

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog

Windsor, ON will pick up WJBK (Fox 2) in Detroit because of the proximity. The only clearance in New York State is WWOR Secaucus, near the NY/NJ border.  Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse were all left out at this point.  Bell Fibe in Toronto picks up KCPQ from Seattle, but that's not been cleared either.
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard: