Author Topic: Shadoe Stevens hosting The Late Late Show  (Read 5103 times)

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Shadoe Stevens hosting The Late Late Show
« on: January 30, 2015, 11:24:43 PM »
From before the last Ferguson set debuted, it seems. Part audience warmup, part rehearsal, and overall quite amusing. :-)

"Cold open" demo:

Monologue demo:

Email demo:

"Music video open" demo:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 11:27:02 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: Shadoe Stevens hosting The Late Late Show
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 11:37:32 PM »
He's good. He's damn good.

His talent is being wasted at the LLS. He should be hosting something...somewhere. Or announcing for the number one game show in daytime. While on the subject, is it known whether he will remain with the LLS after James Corden takes over?
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 07:38:52 AM »
Hes very very good and talented hes better then Seth Meyers. He should really be hosting a Late Night Show

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 10:41:34 AM »
I know everyone on this board is supposed to be the biggest fanboi of Shadoe, 2nd to Bob Barker. However, those clips didn't really stand out to me as amazing. They were alright, but nothing remarkable. I prefer his voice-over work.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 01:46:08 PM »
I know everyone on this board is supposed to be the biggest fanboi of Shadoe, 2nd to Bob Barker. However, those clips didn't really stand out to me as amazing. They were alright, but nothing remarkable. I prefer his voice-over work.
First of all, you're wrong. How dare Shadoe take spot #2.

The order is: Living - Bob, Roger, Breslow, Janice, Fingers, Rich, ..., Shadoe. All-Time - Bob, Roger, Johnny/Rod (they're preferential), and so-on.

Kidding aside, I agree with you. They aren't the greatest thing, but I found it funny and given that I don't see/hear nearly enough Shadoe outside of LLS, it was nice watching. He's not a bad warm-up guy.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 05:21:32 PM »
I know everyone on this board is supposed to be the biggest fanboi of Shadoe,
For the record, I never said I was. I like him, certainly, and believe his time on Price was a grand moment to shine on his part, but I personally would not classify myself as a "fanboi".

(Unless you happened to be trolling via such comments, in which case shame on me for responding to them.)

His talent is being wasted at the LLS. He should be [...] announcing for the number one game show in daytime.
I believe the issue is twofold: one being that George Gray is a friend of Richards, and the other being the fact that Shadoe has prior game show announcing experience. Note that Mike never mentioned him in the Randumb Show podcast following the April Fool's 2014 switcharound.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 05:24:11 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 09:50:28 PM »
Shadoe Stevens looks great.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 09:54:33 PM »
He's good. He's damn good.

His talent is being wasted at the LLS. He should be hosting something...somewhere. Or announcing for the number one game show in daytime.

George Gray has been losing his voice in quite a few recently aired episodes.  Maybe Shadoe should have been brought in as a sub.  He did great during last year's April Fools special.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 10:02:40 PM »
George Gray has been losing his voice in quite a few recently aired episodes.  Maybe Shadoe should have been brought in as a sub.  He did great during last year's April Fools special.

I'm sure George felt fine enough to announce that he didn't want a substitute to take over. I agree, it would have been neat if Shadoe could have filled in, but I'd wager there's a better chance of Mike Richards himself assuming the duties than having Mr. Stevens or anyone else fill in, for various reasons.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 09:44:02 PM »
Shadoe Stevens looks great.
He looks younger than on Davidson's Squares.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 10:55:15 PM »
And we end up with James Corden as the permanent host. Tsk, tsk, tsk...

Stevens should've gotten this job IMHO.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:57:56 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 11:17:31 PM »
First of all, you're wrong. How dare Shadoe take spot #2.

The order is: Living - Bob, Roger, Breslow, Holly, Janice, Fingers, Rich, ..., Shadoe. All-Time - Bob, Roger, Johnny/Rod (they're preferential), and so-on.
FTFY :)