Author Topic: Amber Breaks a Lightbulb  (Read 3881 times)

Offline pricemodel1997

• In the Audience
Re: Amber Breaks a Lightbulb
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 07:55:46 PM »
I hope that no one decides to pull a "how many Amber's does it take to change a lightbulb" joke here, lightbulb jokes are kinda dim.

Online actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 08:09:57 PM »
I have no idea where to find it, but Barker did something very similar in the '80s.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 08:19:52 PM »
I see that the "EXIT" sign in the audience is now in the shape of a price tag.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 10:50:12 PM »
I have no idea where to find it, but Barker did something very similar in the '80s.
It is out there somewhere. I'm sure of it. I believe it was just after a playing of Barker's Bargain Bar and Bob for one reason or another, perhaps a difficult contestant, decides to sit down on the door border. I guess he thought he'd be able to slide his butt close enough to the edge that he'd miss the bulb. In any case, he did indeed break a bulb. Almost near the same area as Amber I believe. I don't think it was an upload from Carlos, so I do think it's out there.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 04:00:59 PM »
I don't think it was an upload from Carlos, so I do think it's out there.

That's right. It was not a clip I uploaded, so it could very well be online somewhere. I would be interested in seeing it myself. It's one I have never watched before.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 06:52:59 PM »
I hope that no one decides to pull a "how many Amber's does it take to change a lightbulb" joke here, lightbulb jokes are kinda dim.

:lol:

Offline pricemodel1997

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 08:14:15 PM »
^Forgot about that last part of my earlier post actually  being a light bulb joke, that's the thing about me i like puns.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2015, 05:55:19 AM »
^Forgot about that last part of my earlier post actually  being a light bulb joke, that's the thing about me i like puns.

Well, I would say it was a bright idea!  :P

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2015, 09:03:17 AM »
She was only trying to lighten the mood. :-)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline pricemodel1997

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 09:53:28 AM »
Someone must have asked her "Watts Up?"

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 11:05:56 AM »
She's like G.E. She brings good things to life.  :D

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 10:57:02 PM »
It is out there somewhere. I'm sure of it. I believe it was just after a playing of Barker's Bargain Bar and Bob for one reason or another, perhaps a difficult contestant, decides to sit down on the door border. I guess he thought he'd be able to slide his butt close enough to the edge that he'd miss the bulb. In any case, he did indeed break a bulb. Almost near the same area as Amber I believe. I don't think it was an upload from Carlos, so I do think it's out there.

Before they started to play Barker's Bargain Bar, Barker noticed the name of the game -- which was a separate sign mounted on the arch that connected the two prize displays -- was missing. He joked that he was too depressed to go on and tried to sit on the border. The camera takes a shot of Janice pointing to the bulbs and trying to stop him from sitting there, but he sits and breaks a bulb. The bulb itself is still intact, it just broke near the socket. Janice tries to "roll" it back in place and there's a big spark when it rolls over the socket.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place