Author Topic: Question about Figuring out when shows aired  (Read 1541 times)

Offline OneBidTris

• 4/2/2024
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
Question about Figuring out when shows aired
« on: March 11, 2018, 04:54:48 PM »
I was watching a Season 1 episode on Youtube last night and looked at the pricing game calendar on Scorpz's site. When I saw what date it was there, it got me thinking, how do we know exactly what day these early shows aired? I'm guessing a majority of these early episodes on the page are GSN airings, so we don't have exact dates, just general ranges. But there are multiple lineups that repeat over the course of the month. Take August 15, 1973 for example:

Hi Lo
Five Price Tags
Double Prices

There's two other lineups from around that date where the same 3 games are played. How do we know that it's August 15 and not July 23 or August 29 of that year?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 04:59:09 PM by OneBidTris »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: Question about Figuring out when shows aired
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 08:34:27 PM »
In that particular case, without going back to check, I'd imagine that either that episode was on the DVD set that released in 2008 or we were able to check the game results against Roger's records at some point.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 08:37:31 PM »
In that particular case, without going back to check, I'd imagine that either that episode was on the DVD set that released in 2008 or we were able to check the game results against Roger's records at some point.
It was not on the DVD set.

Tris, this thread should be of assistance to you. It lists all of the episode numbers and recording dates from August 1972 through July 1974.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:40:47 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 08:44:21 PM »
Tris, this thread should be of assistance to you. It lists all of the episodes and recording dates from August 1972 through July 1974.
However, sir, you've missed a key detail of Tris' question... that thread may detail the tape dates, but is of no use to disambiguate between two episodes with precisely identical lineups. In that case, Roger's records would have to be the source (that or some of the things Scott's shared over the years, such as in this thread).

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 12:08:26 AM »
you've missed a key detail of Tris' question... that thread may detail the tape dates, but is of no use to disambiguate between two episodes with precisely identical lineups.
Mea culpa.

I had run out of editing time, but would have added that in the case Tris listed, GSN lists a recording date of July 1973. Cross-referencing with the linked page and the Season 1 calendars removes the July 23 and August 29 episodes from being possibilities due to neither having been recorded in July 1973.

(Though I am well aware that GSN has indeed shown incorrect recording or airing graphics on other programs.)
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.