Author Topic: Betcha By Golly, it is Season 50  (Read 11442 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Betcha By Golly, it is Season 50
« on: August 23, 2021, 03:41:15 PM »

Well, 20 days from today is the debut of The Price is Right for its 50th season on CBS. Today also marks the debut of the Season 50 header for the recap, which has been updated, as usual to show off a new look for the Golden Anniversary. 50 years man, it's been quite a ride. I was born in Season 19 to put this in perspective. This is my 8th season doing recaps and much like Season 49, the schedule will be pretty in stone, with the right to make changes as need dictates. I am pretty consistently now on a Tuesday-Saturday 10-12 hour shift schedule, so recaps from Tuesday to Friday will be later than the ones on Mondays. Excited to see everyone on September 13.

- Adam (this note was too big for the recap television).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 03:44:40 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: Betcha By Golly, it is Season 50
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 07:58:46 PM »
It looks great. Looking forward to Season 50. :)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline tpirguyMN

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 09:38:16 PM »
Header looks great, Adam!  Looking forward to a great milestone season.

Thanks in advance for all the time and effort you put into the recaps, it is greatly appreciated!

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 09:56:04 PM »
Adam, you are the unsung hero of this site — doing the one job nobody else wants to do — a job that’s thankless, time-consuming and, on occasion stressful, especially when the occasional troll crawls up into the recap thread.

It takes a special person to do these recaps.  You are appreciated more than you’ll ever know.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2021, 10:00:15 PM »
Adam, you are the unsung hero of this site — doing the one job nobody else wants to do — a job that’s thankless, time-consuming and, on occasion stressful, especially when the occasional troll crawls up into the recap thread.

It takes a special person to do these recaps.  You are appreciated more than you’ll ever know.

The trolls don't bother me that much. ;) Besides, we've got enough admins around that can take care of that if I can't.

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 07:26:55 AM »
Thank you for continuing to do these recaps especially as we enter this "golden" milestone season!

Offline ThePriceisRightUKfan1989

• Outside in Line
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2021, 06:02:25 PM »
Please get rid of this section of the forum as he's (RG) dissing Plinko A LOT.

In my honest opinion (and according to Roger who I was going to have come here to set the record straight for you all but DIDN'T cause you'd be angry at him TOO.) ALL DISCS touching zero would a (coughs) frack up Ron. Any disc touching ANY MONEY would be fair game.

If you can't do it right GET OFF THIS FAN FORUM! And DON'T come back!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 06:09:14 PM by ThePriceisRightUKfan1989 »
I'll just shut up about PLINKO now.

Offline ThePriceisRightUKfan1989

• Outside in Line
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 06:20:25 PM »
Got a hold of Roger on Facebook and (when he isn't relaxing at home) he's going to tell you all plain and true what he said in an e-mail to me!

My skills helper and I are getting tired of this nonsense. Enjoy the game and whatever happens WITH PLINKO.
I'll just shut up about PLINKO now.

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2021, 04:40:14 AM »
I don't know what the hell you're babbling about with those last two posts, but you sure won't be babbling anymore.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2021, 09:55:47 AM »
I don't know what the hell you're babbling about with those last two posts, but you sure won't be babbling anymore.

Apologies for the late response, but I recall banning this exact same user over two years ago for attacking Adam over his Plinko recap. He even apologized for it on his first ban evasion post on the Make Your Move board:

"You may have seen me under different accounts dissing the series episode recap person's opinions on how various games should work according to him...

It was stupid and childish and was wrong for me to do that. If Plinko should be played on a random day of the week with Drew and the show's recapped I will try to stay out of the conversation at all costs and not take notice of it.

I apologize for that."

Guess he should have followed his own advice...
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Eddie

• Walking the Golden Road
    • #4234K: The very first show I attended
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2021, 11:37:23 PM »

I was born in Season 19 to put this in perspective.
I was born during season 7-8ish, mid February 1978.  Aside from Sesame Street (premiered as the Mets were on there way to a 100-win season and there first ever World Series championship), it's the only Game Show that's aired My entire lifetime! 

Apologies for the late response, but I recall banning this exact same user over two years ago for attacking Adam over his Plinko recap.
My advice.  If You're not here to talk Price is Right, get lost.
Shows I Attended:
#4234K, #4235K, #8453K,
#0342L, #0314L, #0315L, #0321L, #0322L,
#0511L, #0513L & #0515L

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2021, 02:30:25 AM »
I was born during season 7-8ish, mid February 1978.

So...um...Season 6? :confused:

Aside from Sesame Street (premiered as the Mets were on there way to a 100-win season and there first ever World Series championship), it's the only Game Show that's aired My entire lifetime!

Er...in what universe is Sesame Street a game show? :confused:
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Pricefan89

• Outside in Line
    • Dailymotion!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2022, 02:21:19 PM »

To be honest if you want to see how things turned out. Check the shows at CBS.com

This isn't healthy anymore (in the way of Plinko) and I don't want Roger dragged into this.

I think this part needs removed so fans don't get confused. The recaps and any involving Plinko. It's not serving its purpose.

If you can't except that NO ONE knows exactly where the chips land that's your problem. I can't get a hold of the show people and say cancel the game and the reasons expressed on this forum. They have to play whatever games they have that day.

Point given. And choice is entirely yours.
Angelica Pickles: Did they really have TV in black & white then Grandpa?

Lou: YEP. And NO remote controls yet either.

Angelica: Get out of town!

"NO MORE RECAPPERS DISSING PLINKO and the HARD WORK to EARN that money. PLEASE!"

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2022, 02:50:47 PM »
To be honest if you want to see how things turned out. Check the shows at CBS.com

This isn't healthy anymore (in the way of Plinko) and I don't want Roger dragged into this.

I think this part needs removed so fans don't get confused. The recaps and any involving Plinko. It's not serving its purpose.

If you can't except that NO ONE knows exactly where the chips land that's your problem. I can't get a hold of the show people and say cancel the game and the reasons expressed on this forum. They have to play whatever games they have that day.

So, you're back again.

Online GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2022, 04:23:29 PM »

not everyone lives in the States, thus being unable to see CBS.Com videos