Author Topic: June 7, 1991 (#8075D)  (Read 1750 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
June 7, 1991 (#8075D)
« on: September 13, 2021, 08:48:25 PM »
I am shocked that the Top Winner passed a showcase with a Cadillac... but at least something happens here in the opening which was only done a few times.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: June 7, 1991 (#8075D)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 09:25:26 PM »
Well that open certainly was different.....this had to be fairly early into them regularly doing audience entrances no? I feel it may have started around 89, but not for certain on that. Tend to think if that wasn't the case, they hadn't fully gotten a feel for it yet blocking wise, hence why they did these before switching sides. But again just conjecture on my part, really interesting to see though.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 02:45:17 PM »
I guess Bob doesn't believe in April Fools' jokes. Still, there aren't too many contestants who lack the enthusiasm as Susan here, almost feeling like she's dozing off into something else. But then again, its easier to win a cheaper Showcase than it is for an expensive one. This may be the last time vinyl 45s had been offered as well, even though there were certainly Elvis CDs out for years at this point. If they can afford a Caddy, I don't know why they couldn't afford The Peabody for Memphis accommodations or at least a decent three-star hotel instead of a Best Western.

By this point, the present tenor buzzer and squeeze sound (also used in Safe Crackers) has been introduced.

pricefan18, a clip that was recently posted confirmed that audience entrances for games blocked by Door #2 began sometime toward the end of 1988.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 03:07:22 PM »
I guess Bob doesn't believe in April Fools' jokes.

pricefan18, a clip that was recently posted confirmed that audience entrances for games blocked by Door #2 began sometime toward the end of 1988.

Are you forgetting about his April Fool's audience entrance in 1981 here? lol

And that seems right, I did notice after making the comment that he referenced doing it from other side previously in so many words, so makes sense. Wonder what led to them trying this.