Author Topic: CJ's Price is Right - Premiere Episode - THE END!  (Read 30414 times)

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
CJ's Price is Right - Premiere Episode - THE END!
« on: April 06, 2009, 03:55:12 AM »

Well, I've been contemplating this for some time now, and I think it's finally time. Time I get into the Host My Own business! It's the first EVER CJ's Price is Right! And I want YOU to be a part of it!

Here are some guidelines:

• Standard 24 hour time limit applies. You will have 24 hours to submit your response when prompted. Miss one deadline during an IUFB, and receive a warning. Miss a second deadline, and you will be replaced. Miss a deadline during a pricing game, and it's an auto-lose situation. If there are circumstances beyond your control that prevent you from meeting a deadline, please contact me ASAP so we can work something out. Remember it is your responsibility to keep track of the game.
  • Audience participation is encouraged! Shout...well, shout if you want, but no one will hear you... TYPE out those answers!
  • I will send players a PM only when they are called down to play. Thereafter it is the contestants' responsibility to watch the thread.
  • Bear in mind, this is my first HYO. And while I expect everything to run smoothly, you never know what kinks might pop up along the way. But hey, that's all part of the fun, isn't it? ;)

The show will begin Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 4:00pm EST, or whenever I reach 15 players, whichever comes first.

Let the games begin! :)

- CJ
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 07:28:14 PM by Frank15 »

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
Re: CJ's Price is Right - Premiere Episode - SIGN UPS!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 06:59:21 AM »
#1!
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline FloridaAdam

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 07:51:18 AM »
#2.

Offline jharvey79

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 08:26:50 AM »
#3!
Will Plinko ever be won???

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 09:19:55 AM »
Quatro.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 09:42:04 AM »
Based on your avatars, they have always been visually impressive, I can't wait to see what you dish out here in the way of graphics.

I am in.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 09:56:05 AM »
Count me in!

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 10:50:47 AM »
lucky 7! I am in!
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 11:09:40 AM »
Se habla "Daniel Benfield", numero ocho el "signing up"! Spanglish...never again, trust me. Don't know much Spanish, unfortunately, but...

Anyway, number eight for a new brand of show...might be fun. ;-)

Oh, and I realize this is YOUR show, CJ, but one of your rules struck me as a bit unfair...again, I am merely stating my opinion.
* Standard 24-hour time limit applies. You will have 24 hours to submit your response when prompted ... miss a deadline during a pricing game, and it's an auto-lose situation.

Well, in cases such as this I do believe it is best to take them on a case-by-case basis (such as Frank does on his show). For example, if somebody gets one key in Master Key and fails to respond in time for the price of the second small prize, it should not be an automatic loss - it should be ruled as wrong and the key earned taken to the locks.

Same with Secret X - if somebody has two Xs on the board and fails to respond to get the third, then simply reveal the center column.

Hence, in these cases, it doesn't have to be an automatic loss - merely less of a chance to win. And again, this is YOUR show and YOUR rules, but I just wanted to explain how that particular one seemed a bit unfair to me.
-Daniel
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 11:41:29 AM »
Based on your avatars, they have always been visually impressive, I can't wait to see what you dish out here in the way of graphics.

Agreed.  I'm in.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 11:45:17 AM »
Hence, in these cases, it doesn't have to be an automatic loss - merely less of a chance to win. And again, this is YOUR show and YOUR rules, but I just wanted to explain how that particular one seemed a bit unfair to me.
Eh, maybe he just didn't think them all the way though.  I'd say it's fairer to say 'assume the contestant does nothing for the remainder of the game' than 'you lose, now go away'...really shouldn't change anything most of the time, but is a more natural way to handle situations where it's somewhat applicable (such as, for example, Switch?).

Oh, and I think I'll sign up for this one.  I'd love to see where it goes.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 12:11:42 PM »
Looks like I'm #11!  :biggrin:

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 12:12:13 PM »
Heck. Why not. I would like to take a whack at the show. Number 12

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 12:20:00 PM »

I hope not to disappoint. :)

Oh, and I realize this is YOUR show, CJ, but one of your rules struck me as a bit unfair...again, I am merely stating my opinion.
Well, in cases such as this I do believe it is best to take them on a case-by-case basis (such as Frank does on his show). For example, if somebody gets one key in Master Key and fails to respond in time for the price of the second small prize, it should not be an automatic loss - it should be ruled as wrong and the key earned taken to the locks.

I was wrestling with how to do this one. And if I may, I'd like to amend that rule. It seemed like it would get too hairy to try and define rules for missing deadlines in each and every pricing game. So if Frank will allow me, I'll count missed deadlines in pricing games as "missed turns".

But, if that "missed turn" is "So, are you Coming or are you Going?" there's really nothing I can do. :)

Offline SteveEllis

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 01:41:15 PM »
Count me in!  I don't remember EVER participating in one of these.
15. Messages posted express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of the administrators and moderations of this site.