Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/15/2009  (Read 43328 times)

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/15/2009
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 06:03:13 PM »
Here's a question for those in the know - are they doing a stopdown in between games #1 and 2 (like the MDSes), or are they just rolling right into the second game?
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline SteveEllis

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 06:12:47 PM »
The wedding proposal was put in a little window without sound by WBZ tv 4.
15. Messages posted express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of the administrators and moderations of this site.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 07:04:04 PM »
It seems that a two consistently good halves of a show's lineup can't really be done anymore.  The first half (while slotted decently) really wasn't a great selection of games, but the second half was awesome.

Maybe they are changing the name of Now or Then to "Trivial Grocery Pursuit"?  :lol:

The proposal was nice...I wish they would have at least stopped the music for it.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 07:15:47 PM »
Here's a question for those in the know - are they doing a stopdown in between games #1 and 2 (like the MDSes), or are they just rolling right into the second game?

There's got to be a stopdown.  There's no way some of the staging changes we've seen this week happened in the time it took for Rich to call the next contestant.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 07:19:55 PM »
Well, that begs the question - if there's a stopdown, then what's the rush? They probably just legitimately forgot to put up the sign for this taping.
I'm a gif.

Offline Drew72

• 5/2/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • TPIR Alumnus
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 07:34:56 PM »
I could have sworn I heard Dwight utter a very vulgar four letter word after losing Lucky $even.  He even put his hand up to his mouth afterward like he knew something slipped out that shouldn't have.  Anyone else catch this?

Contestant - May 2, 2003 and played One Right Price - Won trips to Montreal and Mazatlan!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 08:17:15 PM »
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Paul
SHOW GRADE: 1

Guys... those of you upset that CBS cut away quickly after the proposal are forgetting that CBS Video (which I rely on to watch the show) leaves in the full credit roll. There's not really anything extra to see, though.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2009, 09:01:36 PM »
Range Game: It always seem that the contestants stop it a couple of seconds too early...

To answer that stopdown question: I forgot to comment on how fast it took for the crew to move out Grocery Game, rotate a few times, and put in Gwen and the range in just a few seconds. So I agree there is some stopdown. I would like to see that.

oct. 1994 oct.: Ever since Drew started hand-(and now foot)-modeling the products, I was hoping one day that he would actually open a product. He did today. The Capzasin Roll-on was a surefire now.

One Bid 3: Ah, the Train is back. Takes me back to how I would like to see Ricky Stratton's train on Silver Spoons. Kudos to the audience and the Mighty Sound Effects lady to reply to Drew's train toots.

Money Game: Something told me that 29 was up to something...

Bonkers: I don't seem to recall seeing a pricing game played on a television, and then the contestant plays it. Nice.

Punch-a-Bunch: The only sentence that clicked to me was how many $500 slips were there. A little bit of me wanted to keep that $500.

Lucky Seven: When Dwight was in Contestant's Row, I was predicting he might ask that infamous "Model come with the prize?" question for One Bid 5. He does it here. I sometimes wonder if that ever comes true in any capacity? I do not recall anytime nor anywhere that a model comes with a prize. Getting the last two numbers were a longshot anyway.

Ay. Another proposal....
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline FloridaAdam

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2009, 09:20:36 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken, I think we have ourselves an example of coincidence defined:  compare Money Game played today with the playing of Money Game in Episode #193 N.

Offline SteveEllis

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 09:23:03 PM »
Bonkers: I don't seem to recall seeing a pricing game played on a television, and then the contestant plays it. Nice.

LIke I said in today's thread, the clip on the tv was a playing of Bonkers.  And the clip ended with showing the correct combination, and it was the same combination as the correct one in today's game.  I think this is not a coincidence.

Anyone please roll back their DVR or tape and tell what you think.  By the way I would have tried LHHH on my first try, because I saw that that was correct on the clip on the television.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 12:53:09 AM by Joe_Capitano »
15. Messages posted express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of the administrators and moderations of this site.

Offline katrinka_ohio

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 10:41:34 PM »
It bothers me when the contestants grab the microphone in Drew's hand, like Dwight did during the SS.  Drew just let him have it and give his little speech.
Go fellow Buckeye Drew!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 11:10:44 PM »
Well, that begs the question - if there's a stopdown, then what's the rush? They probably just legitimately forgot to put up the sign for this taping.

The rush is that the show is still paying to use the studio during the stopdowns.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 12:08:01 AM »
Well, there was still a stop down between Acts 1 and 2 prior to merging the two acts - it's not like anything has been added to cause the crew to rush.

What I'm getting at is there is no difference, practically speaking, between the the new merged Acts 1 & 2, and the old separated acts. It's still the same amount of studio time - it's just edited together differently.
I'm a gif.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 11:04:09 AM »
Range: I thought she had it, too.  :-(

NoT: No Sign??!!  :-o :-o Hope it comes back next time. Now Drew is doing foot wavings. Good win.

Money: Seeing 17 as the lone 10-20 digit on the board was telling me it would be the dud. When you see four digits between 20-30 up there spells tricky setup and Paul fell for it.

Bonkers: Casey gave his best shot, though.

Punch: Am I the only one who noticed that the belt buckle was plugging the wrong game? $250 is no bowl of cherries but it'll do.

Lucky 7: No, Dwight. You're playing for just the car!!  :D Dwight went overboard on the high numbers.

Showcases: OMG!! Look who's face is on the outdoor theater system....It's Winston Churchill!!!!  :lol: :oldlol: :hammer: Go Paul!! Looks like you're marrying a fine-as-heck looking woman!!!

A 2.25-star show.

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 11:31:32 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken, I think we have ourselves an example of coincidence defined: compare Money Game played today with the playing of Money Game in Episode #193N.

I did...and was shocked. 29 was the same "back two" choice - AND in the same position.

I'd say that's creepy, but...
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.