Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/01/2009  (Read 12011 times)

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/01/2009
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 11:00:23 AM »
Better than usual 1-win show. The showcases were actually not bad. I had a bad feeling this guest cameo appearance would not be so great (not nearly as bad as Wagner, though). The IUFB #2 thing was pretty bad. Seemed drawn out, corny, and somewhat forced. I was kinda getting eerie flashbacks to Wagner, but it all worked out in the end.

Really good lineup as well. The 2nd half in particular was awesome, having Safey last instead of a boring quickie was really great. And I can at least live with Range for a car.

Many of these setups were tough, but not too tough.
Range: Price was lower than where I would have considered really fair, but I knew she had gone too high.
Danger:  I had seen that dinnerware before in Eazy and knew it was cheap. The video games were clearly not as expensive as the danger price, either. Then, I figured the clock was around $3000. I knew these things, but I'm not sure a Joe Plinko would.
Balance: This was the biggest crapshoot of the show. All three possibilities would have been nice guesses.
Check-Out: I never win this, and I did today. Didn't think the GPs were that horrible, but in this game, one bad mistake can kill you, and I think that's what we had in this one.
MoL: That car was tough. When I saw 23,525, I knew it could go either way, because that was just about exactly how much I thought the car was.
Safey: Not surprised it was the more expensive of the two prices. I think I've seen that grill somewhere before.

SCs: I could have very easily seen either of these be sexed up, but I was surprised they were so close in price.

I have a feeling some more wins are coming next show.
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 05:50:23 PM »
Range: I would've stopped it at around $20500-$20650. Poor Shannon pushed a little too high.

IUFB #2: What was the point of that?  :headbang:

Danger; How could this have been lost?

Balance: $4783 was probably not my guess, either.  :oops:

Check-out: After going sky high on the Gold bond lotion, I figured she needed a miracle with the Capzasin. It didn't come.

MoL: It was a treat to see someone finally make it to the car, but it was anything but for the surprising price of that Impala.  :-o

Safe: LET'S HEAR IT FOR ROBERT!!!!!!! We're not worthy!!!!  :lol:

Showcases: I better go see the "Happy Gilmore" showcase again to remind myself I am a Man.  8-)

A 2-star show.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 03:26:32 PM »
I guess everyone had on their dancing shoes today, even Drew!!! :lol:

I watched it online last night and I have to say this was one of the best endings ever since hearing the Match Game cue at the end during April Fool's Day. The model's looked like they even had fun!
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace