Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/04/2009  (Read 15650 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/04/2009
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 05:58:53 PM »
You could argue the piano playings possibly.

That was pretty cool...but with apologies to Mandel, this was better.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 06:07:22 PM »
Pushy:  Wow, that was one expensive trip to Scotland today.  I thought $7,499 was right, too.

Bucky:  So how many times has the car symbol been behind #1 this season?  Kathy loves that spot for some reason.

Bonky:  Obvious edit alert!  Also a prop malfunction alert!  Is this the first time that one of the blue backlights blew out in this game?

L7:  The Aussie fingers Greco!  Going into that last number, Rebecca guaranteed herself the win just as long as she called 5.  She played this game better than most Americans. :P

1RP:  Forced loss.  I don't know who Abbey is, but I love the rock guitar version of the theme.

SC #1:  Yay!  Zubaydah! :P

My showcase bids:
Gym/waverunner--$15,507
Caribbean--$20,507

Result:  In chat, we were all scared of SC1 being a Fireball Special... but how on Earth did SC2 end up being the Fireball Special?!  I thought "private yacht" meant $$$$$$$$$$$.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline trustno1

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 06:31:14 PM »
L7:  The Aussie fingers Greco!  Going into that last number, Rebecca guaranteed herself the win just as long as she called 5.  She played this game better than most Americans. :P

Considering that the version of the game here is not called L7 that was still a great effort.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2009, 08:09:37 PM »
Push: While $7499 looked reasonable, I had a hunch that the Scotland trip would be in the 9's. Too bad.

Pass: $6K makes up for a OK day.

Bonkers: Too bad.

Lucky 7: An Australian contestant brings us first win in this one after a long stranglehold of losses. Let's not turn this into a war against American contestants. Great win.

Plinko: I hope Doreen does fine with her $1200.

1RP: DEATH TO DESIGNER HANDBAGS!!!  :evil:

Showcases: You know, Seeing just trips as the "big prize" in showcases as of late is getting more and more lame. I didn't even care for that Private yacht showcase or the fact we got another "DO" today (Pretty much, That was coming). I'm sorry!! The ending with "that guitar chick" was just too much. We've seen enough of her after 1RP. I really don't want to see anyone else tinkering along to the theme anymore.

A 2.25-star show.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2009, 08:48:46 PM »
If Michael's (soon-to-be, I assume) wife won't marry him unless he wins the Showcase Showdown, what happens if he wins that and the Showcase? :P

A Lucky Seven win at last! Those have been hard to come by this season, so it's nice to finally see one.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Dennis
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 09:27:39 PM »
I've always wondered whether the host ever said/implied the Showcase Showdown is spinning the Big Wheel and not the end of the show.  For example, "Don't worry.  You're on stage, so you have to be in the Showcase Showdown" or something like you said.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 10:02:17 PM »
After watching today's show and thinking about show's during the past few weeks it's amazing to see how much improvement/how far the lineups have come.

It was also amazing to see that they still don't know how to make some prizes in the games winnable. I will give them some credit that they have been doing slightly better lately, but not by very much.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline FlipFlopper7769

• 4/10/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 10:58:21 PM »
I got called into work so I had to miss chat today, but regardless of what's been said so far, I thought Drew was very good at various points throughout the show! Although his entrance was a little much, he rarely mumbled, had some good energy at times, and seemed interested in what he was doing. Nice job Drew!

Speaking of which, I don't know if it's just me, but the show seemed to flow better than it has the past week or so. I'm thinking this is due to the break between Acts 1 & 2, which definitely needs to come back.
You can go ahead and call me "Mr. Money Game"!
I was on TPiR: Jan 8, 2007!  AIR DATE: Apr. 10, 2007!

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 11:03:41 PM »
Entrance: I hope this was the last of these entrances

Pushover: That was borderline 5-digit Pushover. Tough loss.

OB #2: Interesting bid.  :oldlol:

Pass the Buck: $6k is nothing to complain about.

Bonkers: Tough loss.

Lucky Seven: Nice win!  :-D

Plinko: The small prizes seemed easy today.  :biggrin:

1 Right Price: Designer crap = loss. :oldevil: What a shocker.

Showcases: Cheap showcases today.

O.K. show today. I could have done without the over-the-top entrance today.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 11:16:08 PM »
I've always wondered whether the host ever said/implied the Showcase Showdown is spinning the Big Wheel and not the end of the show.  For example, "Don't worry.  You're on stage, so you have to be in the Showcase Showdown" or something like you said.

I always thought the fact that the third segment always ended with something like "Showcase Showdown right after this!" was good enough.  Shows what I know.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 12:09:22 AM »
Maybe I misworded it.  I meant the host should say it when someone has a shirt that reads "My dream: winning the Showcase Showdown" when they really mean "My dream: winning the Showcase" or something like that.
It amazes me people don't know what the Showcase Showdown is despite the fact the host says it after the 3rd and 6th pricing game AND the announcer mentions it right before the 2nd SCSD.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 12:26:49 AM »
Push Over: Ooh, I just had this hunch that it was 7499, but I had a feeling that it could be that high 9953.

Pass the Buck: When the game was over, I hunched the car was under (1).

One Bid 3: It's still there.

Bonkers: Just a little slow, but I've seen worse and Zita tried so well.

Showcase Showdown 1: The wedding's off!

Lucky $even: Great, my DVR decides NOT to record an occasional win....

Plinko: Liked how Doreen didn't know what Plinko was...

One Bid 6: Hey! Rich almost called my name! I think I probably would have came on down the same way if need be. And Ohhhhhhhh, this was one of those times where I wanted ALL of the contestants to come up, but it's so got-dang pity to see Madison go to the House. Just got-dang pity.

1 Right Price: Well at least Kenneth W. made it up. [points to self] THIS Kenneth W. would have definitely picked the Dior bags.

[Eric Forman]Why are rockers like Abbey (and their playing) so hot?[/Eric Forman]
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Otm Shank

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 12:09:01 PM »
I could tell by Drew's demeanor reading the first Showcase price that we were going to have a double overbid. I would not mind playing high-stakes poker with Drew, because I could make a fortune!

That one contestant (don't feel like scrolling up) should have been sent back to her seat for the bid of $1899 -- and 50 cents.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 03:42:23 PM »
I could tell by Drew's demeanor reading the first Showcase price that we were going to have a double overbid. I would not mind playing high-stakes poker with Drew, because I could make a fortune!

I don't know the other day when he read the first reveal I had a hunch we were going to have a Double Overbid because of how Drew was sounding. But once he read the price of the second showcase it changed everything!

That one contestant (don't feel like scrolling up) should have been sent back to her seat for the bid of $1899 -- and 50 cents.

Well usually I would agree with you, even though Drew did explain to bid in dollars. However she's not from our country and hasn't probably seen our version before, only the Aussie version. So she gets to slide by in my opinion.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 03:44:20 PM by catdogwheel »
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 06:07:34 PM »
Well usually I would agree with you, even though Drew did explain to bid in dollars. However she's not from our country and hasn't probably seen our version before, only the Aussie version. So she gets to slide by in my opinion.

You do realize that the prices were rounded to the nearest dollar in Australia, too, right?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.