Author Topic: Drew Carey's new blog/Twitter  (Read 143995 times)

Offline FlipFlopper7769

• 4/10/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Drew Carey's new blog/Twitter
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 06:45:55 PM »
Very interesting... looks like the chase lights from the MDS's are coming to daytime. Is that a new podium for Rich? New colors on IUFB displays? Plus, I had no idea DiPirro was so young!
You can go ahead and call me "Mr. Money Game"!
I was on TPiR: Jan 8, 2007!  AIR DATE: Apr. 10, 2007!

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 07:05:53 PM »
Why do they find it necessary to repaint the Contestants Row podiums? They look fine the way they are now. They're making the set to glam and it just doesn't work for TPiR. LEAVE THE FREAKIN THING ALONE!
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2009, 07:13:47 PM »
Why do they find it necessary to repaint the Contestants Row podiums? They look fine the way they are now. They're making the set to glam and it just doesn't work for TPiR. LEAVE THE FREAKIN THING ALONE!
You don't even know *why* they were painting them before you began your tirade.  They simply could be repainting them the exact same colors they have been.  Touching up a season or two's worth of wear and tear, you know?

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2009, 07:33:29 PM »
You don't even know *why* they were painting them before you began your tirade. 

Can we please do without the sniping? It makes for a better experience for everyone.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2009, 07:43:27 PM »
You don't even know *why* they were painting them before you began your tirade.  They simply could be repainting them the exact same colors they have been.  Touching up a season or two's worth of wear and tear, you know?

I'm not blind. The colors are clearly darker than they have been. The lights around the stage are pointless; There's nothing special for primetime anymore. They've gone much longer than two seasons before touching up stuff in the past, and that would be with 10-years+-old sets.

Edit: I retract what I've said about just leaving C-Row alone. As someone pointed out in another thread, it does look they're going back to the pre-2007 colors. That's change I can live with! Still the same feeling on the stage lights though.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:47:29 PM by PriceFan14 »
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »
Can we please do without the sniping? It makes for a better experience for everyone.
You have a very liberal definition of a snipe...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:52:19 PM by isucgv »

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2009, 08:42:15 PM »
Now he has a blog at http://drewfromtv.blogspot.com/.  He talks about how he wants to keep everyone up-to-date regarding things on TPiR, and also talks about how www.priceisright.com is never updated, but they will be updating it soon and Drew will even mention the website on the season premiere.  And, Drew, please don't go to the show with the goatee you've got growing there.

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2009, 08:59:51 PM »
Is that a new podium for Rich?

I'm pretty sure that's a work table from CBS's scenic shop.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2009, 09:55:07 PM »

This is more than a paint job.  Contestant's Row has gone LED for Season 38.

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2009, 09:57:16 PM »
As in lighting or screens?

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2009, 10:01:24 PM »
Stupid question:  why did they change contestants' row for seemingly no reason?

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2009, 10:08:38 PM »
I'm hoping that the displays remain relatively the same, and they are just replacing the light bulbs in the displays with LED's.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2009, 10:30:16 PM »
Personally, I hope this "Unbelieveably cool" thing is they've realized how foolish they've been in NOT playing certain games (i.e. 3 Strikes, Triple Play, Credit Card, Clearance Sale, Shopping Spree, Take Two) and they come out and apologize for not playing them and say they're all gonna be played once again.

Yeah, it's probably wishful thinking I know, but that's what i'm hoping for.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2009, 10:32:39 PM »
This is more than a paint job.  Contestant's Row has gone LED for Season 38.

...cue the cries of "I's wills NEVAR watch againz! NEVAR!!!" in 3...2...1...

Seriously, though, that's pretty cool. If the numbers retain the same "font" as the old displays, but now they can add graphics to indicate a winner, and perhaps show ludicrous bids like "$15 million", that might be pretty neat.

In the picture on Drew's twitter, it sort of looks like the screen is/was on, and it looks like the numbers might be the same.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline TPIRfan222

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2009, 10:36:07 PM »
www.drewfromtv.blogspot.com.  Looks interesting.