Author Topic: ALL NEW priceisright.com...  (Read 58257 times)

Offline djsquare

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • tpirmodels.com
Re: ALL NEW priceisright.com...
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 04:38:58 PM »
It's a work in progress... there's some stuff that was up this morning at 5am that are not showing up anymore.
Like my avatar picture!  :D

Offline TPIRFAN1964

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 04:46:28 PM »
I like the way the new home base looks. The old home base looked to small, of course that could've been just the way it was designed.   It does appear to be a brighter set than in the past since Drew took over, but I will reserve final judgement when S38 premieres on Sept. 21.

Offline iluvpir

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 04:55:03 PM »
The new turntable looks awesome! The revamped site is nice too.

I can't wait for the new season to start! :biggrin:

Offline PriceRox

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2009, 04:57:14 PM »
I looked at the new website.  To me, it's not a whole lot different than the previous version, it just has some updated content with a new layout.

The video that talks about the upcoming season explains a lot.  Mike Richards says that the Showcases and prizes are "insane."  Rich Fields says "alot of new guests."  Sadly, I don't think this is what has made the show such a hit.  They've lost sight of the core values.

I also find it interesting that several games are not on the game list.  

The Fan Boards are a pretty big copy of Golden-Road.net with the asterisks and even the idea for ticket trading.  To me, I don't think any official site is ever going to beat this one.  Fans have a real voice here because there is no ownership at stake.

We will see if Drew keeps true to his word and keeps us constantly updated.

Offline Sizeman

• Walking The Golden Road - after 20 years
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 05:06:58 PM »
I wonder why they couldn't simply use the eggcrate font on the showcase podiums?

Offline chad1m

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2009, 05:11:44 PM »
Loves it. It's all beautiful, I cannot wait to see it in HD. Plus, Craig Ferguson on the season premiere is right up my alley.

Great job, 33!

Offline TPIRfan222

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 05:37:50 PM »
There is a season 37 highlight reel. You just have to look around. The site itself looks really nice. The new home base looks awesome.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:40:54 PM by TPIRfan222 »

Offline chad1m

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 05:41:51 PM »
There is a season 37 highlight reel. You just have to look around.
...or you could've pointed out its location to us.

Click here, go to the video labeled "Drew Carey." Right next to it is the audience warm-up reel used.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:46:09 PM by chad1m »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 05:42:39 PM »
Well, I'm completely unimpressed by the new Turntable.  It actually looks a lot better in still shots.  During the show itself, it just looks like Drew's standing in front of a whole lot of nothing.  I never realized how important the wall borders were.

The Showcase podium are atrocious, too.  I'd gotten my hopes up a bit after seeing some of Drew's pictures...but they just don't look right at all.

And...my feelings toward Mikey are probably best left unspoken.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 05:42:59 PM »
I'm a little disappointed in the lit-up squares for home base.  They're awfully busy for something that's supposed to fade into the background... far more distracting, in my opinion, than the Hollywood mural.  But I'll probably get used to it quickly enough.

While I'm for a little bit of bringing the show into the 21st century, you can do that in ways that make more sense than investing in a whole new set and new electronics. Frankly, you can update the prizes, like they have been for years. You can update the colors on the set a bit. But, what was wrong with the set they had used for years? While I agree it did look a little bit awkward when they made the jump to HD, this was not what I had in mind.

So now that we're in... what... the 18th iteration of the show, it turns out that the 17th iteration wasn't really that bad, after all?

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 05:45:51 PM »
The website looks great.  The interview with Mike Richards was interesting, in that his ideas seem to line up with Drew's pretty well.

The Fan Boards are a pretty big copy of Golden-Road.net with the asterisks and even the idea for ticket trading.

Exactly what I thought of when I first saw it.

I can't help dreading if we are all going to have to make a migration over there pretty soon.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 05:46:17 PM »
Interesting to note: Brandi Sherwood is no longer listed as a member of the cast.
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 05:48:26 PM »
Contestant's Row looks pretty good to me. However, I think the turntable is far too busy (I just don't think it should flash in a way that says, "Hey, look at me." Kind of distracting...but maybe they need to divert the audience's attention to something flashy...), and the showcase podiums are dreadful. That said, all the set changes they want to make are purely cosmetic and don't amount to a hill of beans if the hosting doesn't improve.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:50:22 PM by temptation1979ga »

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 05:51:13 PM »
I agree about the area next to the turntable - it looks too flashy and it's distracting. But I think the turntable itself is actually pretty cool.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 06:02:41 PM »
I wonder why they couldn't simply use the eggcrate font on the showcase podiums?

Probably 'cuz a font made out of little light bulbs on a backlit LCD screen would've looked bad.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.