Studio 46 - Non-TPiR Discussion > Out In Left Field

that's the question?

(1/2) > >>

sternal:
At first, when I saw the commercials for "That's the question" I thought it was a stupid game but I started to watch it and I like it. My question is has anyone else seen it. I would like to know if you like it or dislike it.

Jordan7:
I too have watched it a few times, and the gameplay is somewhat neat, sorta catchy. You hit the buzzer, a question is given, a scrambled puzzle is provided, and the extra letter not used in the answer is put into the puzzle wherever it appears. Cool concept.

My only problem is when the contestant has to say "I know the question." I think after each correct answer, Bob should ask the contestant if he/she knows the question, and if not, play proceeds. Also, at buzzerblog.com they have posted some errors about the show. Here's some info:

I’ve been reading around message boards and have gotten information from people who have seen the show. Misspellings like “documenteries”, “Paul Bunyon”, and “hydrogyn”, which makes that humorously close to hydrogyny (if you know androgyny, then you’ll get that little joke). Two question errors were also made noticable. One was the first video game that the Mario Brothers appeared in. The staff says “Donkey Kong”, but our reader who gave me the email says only one of the brothers appeared. That one is a bit peevish, but this one is a bit worse on the “Question” staff. “What is the most abundant element on earth”, with the answer hydrogen. That should be nitrogen. Even if they wanted to know the most abundant element on earth, that would be oxygen.

The bonus round is easy enough, but I think that if the contestant gets the question wrong, they should hit the buzzer again instead of getting another question with that same letter missing.

But overall, a decent show.

Axl:
The gameplay seems a little boring to me.  It's just missing something (primarily, I think, a studio audience that could respond to Goen's respectable job as a host).  In that respect, it reminds me of the old Geoff Edwards version of Chain Reaction... it just kind of plods along.

Jordanar18:
[DISREGARD] :-D

PriceFanArmadillo:
Umm...that was precisely his point, that what the show is missing is a studio audience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version