Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/12/2010 (Couples Price IV: Valentine's Day)  (Read 57408 times)

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/12/2010 (Couples Price IV: Valentine's Day)
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »
Did anybody notice if the numbers on the new set light up or not?
Yes - the numbers do light up (and in fact, were flashing when the game was revealed (and won)).  There are also lights around the inside perimeter of the number's pedestal that flash with the numbers themselves.  I like the new set - it is certainly interesting to look at, yet not ugly and sparse. 

This show had a lot of energy throughout.  As others have said, this is how the show should be. 

I actually think Hershey sponsored the entire show. Everybody in the audience received those bags, lots of Hershey-related prizes, and Hershey got a plug in the credits.
Don't know about anywhere else, but here in Denver, there was also a Hershey's ad before the 4th game as well. 

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 04:03:12 PM »
By putting four cars barely or under 20k in the SCs, Greco was favoring a DOB, I think. This was still an AWESOME show, thankfully!
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 04:19:42 PM »
By putting four cars barely or under 20k in the SCs, Greco was favoring a DOB, I think. This was still an AWESOME show, thankfully!

True, but both couples did really seem to go for it with their bids.  I got the feeling straight away that they were both over as I doubt they'd give away 4 cars in a showcase where any of them are over $20k. 

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 05:18:07 PM »
Alright, now that I'm watching the show:

OPENING:  the pink light border and graphics on Door #4 (and the custom logo for the occasion) were all nice touches.  Wouldn't want to overdo it though.

SET:  alright, usually I'm not a big fan of this kind of set decorations, but I gotta hand it to Bente for the decorations on stage today.  3/5

HALF OFF:  starting a shot off with a $10K win is always good!  I like the revised wall though, it fits with the actual game prop.  Consistency is good.

It took me until IUFB #2 to realize that all the couples were dressed for Twin Day.  Nice touch!  That the neon strips stayed pink during the whole show was also a nice subtle touch.

ANY NUMBER:  wait, is this TPiR?  those prices didn't look unspeakably evil...and seeing this couple with their new car gave me an appreciation for the practice of sending contestants over to see their prizes.  On shows like this one the practice works.

IUFB #3:  we should do the thing with the plasma screen behind the phones calling attention visually to the calling plan all the time.  Just not with animated graphics next time though...

MOST EXPENSIVE:  oooooh, new setup.  The logo on the floor is a nice touch.  And new price tags too.  This is going to take some getting used to, that's for sure.  But in a good way, since it's actually fairly consistent with the look of Balance Game '06 and Gas Money.

PICK-A-PAIR:  meh, fairly normal playing, but played well nonetheless.

IUFB #5:  okay...perfumes assorted scented products?  and...$699 followed by $697?

SIDE BY SIDE:  can I just say how glad I was to see this game and not Double Prices?  or Squeeze Play?  or Pick-a-Number?

ONE AWAY:  was it my imagination or was the opening shot of this game WAY wider than usual?  Matter of fact, seems like I was seeing a lot more of the floor than I'm used to all during this game...

SHOWCASE:  alright, a handy PAIR of new cars in each showcase was a VERY nice touch.  Too bad there was a Double Overbid, but you simply can't ruin the good mood that naturally results from a perfect show!!!
Bazinga!

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »
Going to mainly focus on the two new set changes, because OMGWTF PERFECT SHOW is obvious.

The new Half Off wall reminds me of '84 Scrabble.

Most Expensive...it's going to take a lot of getting used to.  On first look it has a good appearance.  Really liked the old set, though.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 05:52:02 PM »
As much as I do not like the concept of a couples show there is no doubt this was the best episode of Price i've seen in a lonnnnnnngggggg time. Not just because we had a 6 fer 6'er. Drew was on the ball, the prizes made sense. As several have already said this is how Price should be.

The new Most Expensive set looks awesome. Glad to see the game has a logo with its name now. I believe that leaves One Wrong Price as the only game without its name to be found anywhere on the set.

I'm not sure which win was more impressive--Any Number or One Away--but I have to say they were both impressive.

What a way to end the week!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 06:01:29 PM »
I wonder, if Most Expensive has a floor logo now, will they make one for One Wrong Price?
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline plinko2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 06:02:34 PM »
I believe that leaves One Wrong Price as the only game without its name to be found anywhere on the set.

There is one more: Five Price Tags.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 06:05:07 PM »
There is one more: Five Price Tags.

Oops. How could I forget Five Price Tags? Quick, someone hit me upside the head for forgetting Tags.

Offline GR WHAMMY

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Just wants to enjoy the show!
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 06:17:01 PM »
*hits rob upside the head*
Just wants to enjoy the show!
HYO WINNINGS: $3675

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 06:27:49 PM »
I noticed this...the new Most Expensive set is like some weird tribute to $25,000 Pyramid and Family Feud; those pyramids in between the pylons are from the eponymous show and the new Most Expensive logo has pretty much the exact same profile as the well-known Family Feud survey board.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »
Speaking of the new ME set, could someone post a screencap once CBS puts up video?  Unfortunately, CBS video doesn't work at all for me, and I caught about a split-second of the set.  I'd like to carefully study this new set.  Thanks in advance! :-)

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 06:47:51 PM »
Today's pictures relevant to the set:

S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline gsn93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 06:49:46 PM »
Only saw the second half. Those set pieces looks nice. Nice updates.
Total HYO Winnings: $101,775(as of 5/10/10)

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 06:51:29 PM »
I wonder how long the floor decal will last, before they decide it's too much hassle and just put the logo on those two backdrops....
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!