Author Topic: Not again! (Brandi Cochran Lawsuit)  (Read 117551 times)

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
Re: Not again! (Brandi Cochran Lawsuit)
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 09:44:20 PM »
The only other models who have been pregnant have been Gwendolyn and Shane, but both returned.  Now I'm really puzzled....

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 09:44:31 PM »
On another note, I'm being really brain-dead tonight - am trying to think of the other two models named. I figure one must be Claudia, but which other model was fired for being pregnant?

They're probably talking about Kathleen Bradley and Janice Pennington.

The only other models who have been pregnant have been Gwendolyn and Shane, but both returned.  Now I'm really puzzled....

But Shane was also dismissed just a couple months later, along with a handful of other models.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2010, 09:48:09 PM »
They're probably talking about Kathleen Bradley and Janice Pennington.

How could Brandi have witnessed their firings? I just consulted the FAQ when I made that post - Brandi didn't appear until 2002, some time after Kathleen and Janice were fired.

But Shane was also dismissed just a couple months later, along with a handful of other models.

That doesn't make sense to me. Why even bother letting her come back if you're just going to fire her for being pregnant anyway?
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 09:49:54 PM »
Just reread the article.  It might have been Shane. The article states: "Cochran also added that she witnessed the harassment of two other models, including one who was fired, because she also became pregnant."  The only model who fired before any of this that she worked with was Claudia Jordan.  By this we would have to infer the other was Shane.  She was the only other one who had been pregnant and let go.  It was told that it was model cutbacks, but maybe the pregnancy was the reason in her case.

Offline PaladinTornado

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 09:51:31 PM »
This news is very depressing.  I thought these backstage scandals were a thing of the past (at least with regard to harassment...)

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2010, 09:52:54 PM »
By this we would have to infer the other was Shane.  She was the only other one who had been pregnant and let go.  It was told that it was model cutbacks, but maybe the pregnancy was the reason in her case.

But as Butler pointed out, why bring her back if you're gonna fire her?

I just was about to post on the model firing previously. Do we know who?

No idea.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 09:57:52 PM by joeyboy »

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2010, 09:54:34 PM »

I would need to see a count for how many shows she did between returning and being fired. Perhaps she was contracted for a certain number of shows or something.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2010, 09:56:03 PM »

As I said, it was stated that she was let go because of model cutbacks.  I only guessed in her case that the motive behind Shane's firing was because of her pregnancy.  She's the only other model who could have been fired because of that, as Gwen is still there.

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2010, 10:01:39 PM »
Perhaps she was contracted for a certain number of shows or something.

That's possible.

She's the only other model who could have been fired because of that, as Gwen is still there.

Could it have been one of the other 4 models that were fired along with Shane?

Offline PaladinTornado

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2010, 10:08:09 PM »
Shane taped a total of 18 shows after her return.  Twelve were in the last month or so of Season 36, and she taped only six shows (a single taping week) in Season 37 -- aired Oct. 9, 10, 13-16.

And if anyone is curious, Brandi's last episode aired March 10, 2009 (4662K), which was taped January 28, 2009.

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2010, 10:12:31 PM »
Can I just say that I think it is very unwise to be pointing out names and speculating who might have said what to Brandi.   I'm sure the last thing this site or any member on it needs is to be sued for defamation.   :-P   

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2010, 10:17:29 PM »
Can I just say that I think it is very unwise to be pointing out names and speculating who might have said what to Brandi.   I'm sure the last thing this site or any member on it needs is to be sued for defamation.   :-P   

If that was even feasible Bob Barker would have already had his lawyers on our asses and GSN's years ago.

Speculation on who may have said what is nowhere near 'defamation'  :roll:

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2010, 10:18:21 PM »
Freedom of speech...  you don't sue for defamation, slander, or libel with members of a message board.  Plain and simple.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2010, 10:25:54 PM »
So am I left to conclude here that Mike Richards, and possibly Greco & Drew as well (both of these are sketchy though), believe pregnant models just don't belong on the Price is Right?

That just sounds so incredibly odd to me, out of nowhere.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2010, 10:28:13 PM »
How could Brandi have witnessed their firings? I just consulted the FAQ when I made that post - Brandi didn't appear until 2002, some time after Kathleen and Janice were fired.

That doesn't make sense to me. Why even bother letting her come back if you're just going to fire her for being pregnant anyway?
I'm referring to the thewrap.com article where they were discussing Holly's lawsuit where they said two other models were caught in the drama and filed lawsuits.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace