Author Topic: The Official pentellit vs. Barker Thread  (Read 325890 times)

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Official pentellit vs. Barker Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 01:12:22 AM »
I never mentioned nanny, but nice of you to post where KenCrane said something days after the story broke.  And even something that I don't believe has been confirmed to this day.

Actually, my comment was directed at the one above yours. Note to self, should've taken advantage of the quote feature...

Like others have said, both nanny and KenCrane have given us inside reports that later get proven true. Granted, he/she hasn't provided us with groundbreaking news, but his/her claims do eventually get proven down the road.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 01:13:07 AM »
If you're referring to the post from KenCrane about Bart, didn't that appear shortly before the story broke?

Didn't KenCrane initially post "Drew fired the director" or something prior to that post that was quoted?
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2010, 01:18:48 AM »
Didn't KenCrane initially post "Drew fired the director" or something prior to that post that was quoted?

Indeed he did:

This is not a surprise to me.  Having worked for Bart for many years and from working at the show I can say that he was not the director that others may have been but he knew how to keep the show "live."  HAving worked in 33 both under Barker and Drew I can say that Drew is a strange guy.  I am sure that after Bart and Roger and several of us behind the scenes there are more people there that will be gone soon.  I spoke to several of my friends who still work Price last night and they agree that Drew probably had something to do with [Bart's departure] because he was often annoyed by Bart.  Everyone's biggest concern right now is that this is going to mean longer days I'm sure.

I changed the word "it" to "Bart's departure" for clarity.  And this was six months prior to the post quoted earlier:

I never once heard that Bart retired.  I will try to find out more but of the things I've heard I doubt it.
Bazinga!

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2010, 01:22:51 AM »
Didn't KenCrane initially post "Drew fired the director"

KenCrane said "Drew fired the director" and that turned out NOT to be true.  Now he says Kathy Greco "has been known to say things that get her in trouble"(!) and you don't question that?  Do you have information brtsimpson142 that makes you readily believe that about Kathy?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 01:24:45 AM by pentellit »
Quote from: price_authority
Bob Barker seems to have little regard for testifying truthfully under oath.
Quote from: SteveGavazzi
I really have no desire to sit through another round of this.
      Then don't.
*Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION. (TY p_a ;))

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 01:23:50 AM »
Note to self, should've taken better advantage of the quote feature...

I feel like an idiot for doing this, but....

Offline JoePlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 01:26:22 AM »
And, trust me, the way you come at people all the time, no one would believe you.

You owe me a new iPhone for all the Coke I just spit on mine.  Let's see...if you're pot, that would make me...kettle?
"If we want the show to stay on, you have to support the show.  How can we lose an American classic?"  - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 01:31:31 AM »
I know this topic has been banished to another, rather mockingly-titled and/or marginalizing thread, but facts are facts and this needs to be cleared up, IMO, in the same place where the false information appeared.  So if these are unfounded and/or borderline-offensive allegations, their original source is none other than Mr. Bob Barker. And that's a fact.

Do we really need to go through the whole allegations-are-not-facts discussion again?  Allegations went back and forth like canon shells (remind anyone of any recent threads on a particular gameshow fan site?), and I doubt half of them are true.

pleenko, I appreciate you bringing that information to everyone's attention, that's something I didn't know.  The fact that these allegations came from Bob, knowing everything else that happened around that time, makes me ask myself one question:  are the allegations true or is this merely a "he's a dirtier old man than me" defense?  (I'm being serious, did that go to trial or was it just a onetime press affair?)
Bazinga!

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 01:38:27 AM »
KenCrane said "Drew fired the director" and that turned out NOT to be true.

You know that doesn't have to be a literal statement, right? Drew and Mike seem to be pretty friendly, I can imagine that hearing "I think that guy should be fired" (for example) from his friend could affect Mike's decision. And unless Drew or Mike told KenCrane directly "I/Drew gave Bart his walking papers," there are simply too many variables.

Just a hypothetical, of course.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 01:40:25 AM by The_Great_Butler »
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline JoePlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 01:46:28 AM »
Do you have information brtsimpson142 that makes you readily believe that about Kathy?

Are you kidding?!?!  She's the one who chooses spot 2 or 9 for That's Too Much.  Devil incarnate!
"If we want the show to stay on, you have to support the show.  How can we lose an American classic?"  - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 01:53:28 AM »
You know that doesn't have to be a literal statement, right?
Just a hypothetical, of course.
So if you're discussing someone's veracity and credibility, and it's pointed out that he's been inaccurate, you can excuse it using the "literal" and "not literal" explanation?

Ok.  Then hypothetically you would have to allow the same degree of inaccuracy to everyone and everything reported as fact, right?
      Then don't.
*Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION. (TY p_a ;))

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 02:02:34 AM »
KenCrane said "Drew fired the director" and that turned out NOT to be true.

No, the fact that it was true turned out to piss off Bart Eskander's wife.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 02:05:30 AM »
No, the fact that it was true turned out to piss off Bart Eskander's wife.

Ok, this is what I'm talking about.  Who told you Steve that Drew Carey fired Eskander?
      Then don't.

Offline pleenko

• In the Audience
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2010, 02:10:12 AM »
pleenko, I appreciate you bringing that information to everyone's attention, that's something I didn't know.  The fact that these allegations came from Bob, knowing everything else that happened around that time, makes me ask myself one question:  are the allegations true or is this merely a "he's a dirtier old man than me" defense?  (I'm being serious, did that go to trial or was it just a onetime press affair?)

You are most welcome, brtsimpson142. I think Bob was trying to defend himself by suggesting that Dian had "relations" with Goodson off and on through the years—and therefore she didn't feel forced or too conflicted to sleep with her boss. Dian's case was dismissed in spring 1995, almost a year after she filed suit. She blamed medical issues and a lack of "resources" to keep fighting and paying lawyers after she was deposed. IIRC, Bob wanted her to retract her allegations, but she refused. I've heard she received a few hundred thousand dollars to drop her suit, but this is unproven.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 02:10:58 AM »
I never mentioned nanny, but nice of you to post where KenCrane said something days after the story broke.  And even something that I don't believe has been confirmed to this day.

He certainly knew what he was talking about with regard to "Mice Game" or whatever the hell it is.

Ok, this is what I'm talking about.  Who told you Steve that Drew Carey fired Eskander?

Everyone who's said a single word about the subject except for you and Bart's wife.

(And so as to avoid an issue of semantics, no, I'm not saying they all told me personally.)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline pentellit

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2010, 02:16:55 AM »
Everyone who's said a single word about the subject

"Everyone".   And who is "everyone" Steve?
      Then don't.