Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/17/2010 (DSW #1)  (Read 48589 times)

Offline AussieEvil

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Not Hurt By Pain™
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/17/2010
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2010, 05:28:20 PM »
The DSW graphic looks a bit too plain, compared to the checkers and asterisks one of yesteryear.
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2010, 11:17:09 AM »
Yeah, that's not really a problem...when they're the same prize, all you have to do to figure out the price of both of them is figure out the price of one of them.

More importantly, all you have to do to figure out the price of one of them is figure out the price of both of them.  :)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2010, 11:20:16 AM »
I thought Rich's Irish accent sounded awful (and I like Rich). Like someboday wrote, it sounded like he was trying to do Middle Eastern.

I notice that Drew is very protective of the contestants when they get booed for spinning at least one full revolution on the wheel. He was really trying to cut off the booing when Aneela was getting booed.

Well, the result of this episode clarified that thread about preferring a DSW or a perfect show for me. The ending was so great, I think I would have really enjoyed it without the pricing game win or the money won on the big wheel.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2010, 12:00:16 PM »
Please tell me you're joking.

No, I wasn't joking. If the point was that the sets were all green (in full or with accents only), then I didn't see what the cohesive theme was. It's a "so what" to me.

The one thing that did disappoint me was there weren't more Irish/St. Patrick's themed prizes. Yeah, there's probably only so much, but they could have had Lucky Charms cereal (for instance) in Pass the Buck.

For those who thought negatively of Rich's Irish-accent, then what's the alternative? Hornswoggle from the WWE? "Yeah, you'd probably really like that idea," Brian said with a sarcastic tone.

Brian

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2010, 02:33:44 PM »
For those who thought negatively of Rich's Irish-accent, then what's the alternative? Hornswoggle from the WWE? "Yeah, you'd probably really like that idea," Brian said with a sarcastic tone.
I think if he couldn't get it up to a certain level, then it would be better just not to do an Irish accent at all. Again, I like the current cast. I generally like what Rich. But his Irish accent was awkward, I winced while listening to it. Maybe it would have been easier to do it if he toned the usual announcer exuberance.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »
For those who thought negatively of Rich's Irish-accent, then what's the alternative?

Not doing an accent.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2010, 10:41:03 PM »
I think if he couldn't get it up to a certain level, then it would be better just not to do an Irish accent at all.

Not doing an accent.

If what you're saying is, "Do it straight," then I appreciate your answers.

In all honesty, though, it wouldn't have mattered to me had he done it straight or he tried to be an Irishman.

Brian

Offline Denials

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2010, 03:20:32 PM »
I'm surprised Grand Game wasn't played, with its green set as well as lots of greenback being offered.

I agree completely.  As I was watching the show, I kept expecting it to show (until PtB showed up).  When I think "Green Games"...Grand Game is what comes to mind first.

Offline offerta

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2010, 01:19:04 PM »
watch now this episode on priceisright.com  ;)