Author Topic: Recap -- 4/16/10  (Read 40939 times)

Offline clemsonfight

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Recap Placeholder -- 4/16/10
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »
I might need to think of something. Personally, I liked the idea, and connected it more to Drew than to Joe.

The Mimi thing is more connected to Drew, but you don't have to necessarily use the phrase First Four Breakfast Club along with it to get the same thing across.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 07:35:08 PM »
1/2 Off:  Incredible win!! :biggrin:  I was hoping I would get to see someone pick the box wth the money in it from all 16 boxes once.  I think they should've played the clang and whoop since the right box was picked out of all 16.
SCSD#1:  Wow, a 3-way tie at $.95! :biggrin:  How cool was that!

Pretty good show overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 07:47:14 PM »
I love how Bully was pretty much the only one in his row standing up for the $1K win in the second Showdown. :P

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Alison
SHOW GRADE: 3

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 07:53:40 PM »
So... was Half Off supposed to be won or lost?  I mean, the SPs were really difficult, especially the stupidly expensive clock/photo frame, but the actual money was placed in box #7.  So... I'm not sure what conclusion I'm supposed to draw from it.

Offline TPIRGuru

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 08:06:10 PM »
Personally, if it wasn't for those wins, I would have turned off the show.

Greco didn't want anything won it seemed, even though the showcases weren't crazy priced. But 4 ququickies which were super rushed anyway!? And Sidey again! Come on! 18 minutes is unacceptable. This IMO was one of the worst this season. You should never cut gameplay for a showcase.

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 08:15:02 PM »
Timings:
Switch? (3.5) - 2:27
1/2 Off (5.5)- 4:50
Money Game (4.5) - 3:13
Squeeze Play (3.5) - 2:28
Gas Money (5.5) - 3:15
Side By Side (3.5) - 2:35
Total time (26): 18:48 (over 5 minutes shorter than normal!)

19 minutes???? Pitiful.

And Sidey again!

Hey, it beats a second playing of Double Prices in a one week time period.

You should never cut gameplay for a showcase.

The showcases weren't the only problem. It was also the other crap at the end that they "needed" to throw in.  :rollold:

Offline EaglesWings2008

• In the Audience
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 08:19:05 PM »
Kitch---Good job on the recap post..

Side side by side again..

Nice win in half off

Since we saw SBS again I guess they taped theses out of order

3 way tie in 1st show case.. Been nice if they had another tie :)

Offline PaladinTornado

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 08:20:51 PM »
My suspicion is more that Side By Side was subbed in yesterday (actually Monday's episode), due to the awkward staging yesterday.  See the recap from yesterday if you don't know what I'm talking about!

Still it was weird to have SBS played twice in one week.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 08:35:01 PM »
I miss the vintage TPIR shows that ran over 40 minutes!!!  The staffers just can't produce that type of quality given the rushed time constraints they are under today.

Joe

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 08:37:05 PM »
Although this was the first of three shows to air, this was the second of three tapings that I went to (March 16, 12:20 PM).  My audience number was #050.

I had no idea as to what kind of show this was going to be at first, but the moment I saw Blake Shelton during 1/2-Off, I knew I was going to be in for a treat.  Speaking of 1/2-Off, that was the most EPIC WIN in a pricing game that I have ever seen in my life.  During the show itself, we had a series of gameplay and technical fails that caused us to run overtime--not to mention the influx of special guests.  Adela, who was from El Paso, had to do a "redo" to come up on stage to play her pricing game because the wrong One-Bid price was revealed the first time she won.  As for the Showcases themselves, I have to agree that they were pretty lackluster in terms of prize selection; I figured they would offer something expensive in one of them (at least).  As a result, Alison had no chance of winning the first Showcase when I saw her bid that high; I had a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't gonna break $20K, and I was right on that one despite my own prediction that it would break $20K.

My in-house bids:  $20,000 /// $33,000 -- Too bad for me too, because I figured $20,000 would be a conservative guess on my part of SC-1.  Something in there was dirt cheap.

I know that some people tend to get irritated over the fact that today's show had a bunch of guests, but overall I enjoyed this taping.  Miracle wins and surprises galore, yet the next taping I experienced would top this in more ways than one.  :-D

I love how Bully was pretty much the only one in his row standing up for the $1K win in the second Showdown. :P

Hehehe...both SCSD's were epic too; this was the first time I saw two contestants get the $1000 on the same show.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 08:53:12 PM »
This show was a lot better than last year's country show simply because, for the most part, they didn't do much to make it feel like it wasn't a normal episode.  (Oddly enough, though, my station was having signal problems that almost made it look like Drew was coming through Door #2 with a horse again!)

The first Item up for Bids should not sound like it's part of the Showcase.

I love seeing things like Switch? first.

1/2 Off was totally set up to be won.  The money was in the "lucky"-numbered box, and two of the three small prizes were pretty easy.  That said, seeing the contestant get everything wrong and still win was nothing short of dumbfounding.

I don't like it when they edit spins, but I have a feeling they were really pressed for time today.

That aside, though, the first Showcase Showdown really was something else.

God, I hate 2-prize Squeeze Play.

I wonder why they played Side by Side twice this week.  There's a ton of other games they could have used in place of one of them -- Coming or Going, Balance Game, Freeze Frame, and Pick-a-Number weren't played this week.  Or better yet, as GRF suggested, why couldn't they use Squeeze Play for that trip and put Squeeze Play's prize package in a grocery item game?

Blake Shelton might be a good singer, but he's terrible as a speaker.

Since we saw SBS again I guess they taped theses out of order

Taping has nothing to do with it -- these shows were aired out of order.  This week's broadcasts were Friday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Monday, and Thursday.

Adela, who was from El Paso, had to do a "redo" to come up on stage to play her pricing game because the wrong One-Bid price was revealed the first time she won.

I thought something was off there -- it was the fourth Item up for Bids, but Drew appeared to have the envolope for the sixth one.  So how did they handle having the wrong price?  Was it for a previous IUFB or an upcoming one?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline TPIRGuru

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 08:56:19 PM »
Joey, I agree with you about having Double twice in a week. I think they should have had Double played yesterday and replaced it with something else on Monday's show.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 08:56:30 PM »
I thought something was off there -- it was the fourth Item up for Bids, but Drew appeared to have the envolope for the sixth one.  So how did they handle having the wrong price?  Was it for a previous IUFB or an upcoming one?

I'm not really sure, but from what I can think of right now, I'm assuming--don't hold it against me if I'm wrong--that it was probably a previous One-Bid.  Again, I might be totally wrong here.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »
It definitely was a rushed show today. I could almost see the frustration in Drew's face, because I can tell he doesn't like it. Lot of good wins today tho, esp. Half Off. A very nice and memorable win.

I don't mind these special themed shows, but I'm starting to dislike having the special guest needing to speak, past a simple hello. Having them simply model, would have been just as effective.

I think my favourite part of the show though, had to be Showcase Showdown 1. Classic Price :)
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 10:34:39 PM »
The 1/2 Off win was unbelievable, and I'd also like to mention something that I'm kind of surprised hasn't been mentioned: Justin's win in Money Game. Sure, he screwed up on the price of the Focus, but when picking the last two numbers, he seemed to truly know what he was doing, going for 54 and 79, avoiding all three traps that were on the board. Bravo man.