Author Topic: News  (Read 141098 times)

Offline lucyrickyalex

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: News
« Reply #750 on: July 24, 2010, 12:11:07 PM »
And speaking of which, could you imagine what the show would be like if they let Colin Mochrie be a guest announcer?

Just as long as he doesn't start calling everything CRAP! :lol:

All kidding aside, I think Brad would be a good fit with TPiR.  Brad and Drew had good chemistry on Whose Line, and it might carry over well to Price.
"But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."
-Conan O'Brien

Offline RatGnawedCheez

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #751 on: July 24, 2010, 12:14:36 PM »
The announcer of the first season of GSN's Newlywed game was Brad Aldous, not Sherwood.

That said, after seeing Sherwood among the names, my stance on the announcer search has been upgraded from pessimistic to cautiously optimistic.   I could see him doing well, though I question if they'd have to do a lot more editing of prize descriptions.

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #752 on: July 24, 2010, 12:25:37 PM »
I think Brad will be the new announcer because I was looking at brad and Collins website and the dates brad and Collin have shows the price is right stops filming for a few days.  he is an example October 1st brad has a show in VA then October 8ht brad has a show in WI then October 9th brad has a show in NY and the price is right tape SCHEDULE is for end of September and begging of October is September: 1, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29 October: 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27.  That is why I think brad will be the new announcer of the price is right because every time brad has to do a show on the other side of the country they stop filming for a few days.
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #753 on: July 24, 2010, 01:34:24 PM »
I think Brad will be the new announcer, because I was looking at his and Collin's websites, and the dates brad and Collin they have shows scheduled when The Price is Right stops filming for a few days.  Here is an example:  October 1st, Brad has a show in VA, then October 8th, Brad has a show in WI, then October 9th Brad has a show in NY.  and the price is right tape SCHEDULE is for end of September and begging of October is September: 1, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29 October: 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27.  That is why I think brad will be the new announcer of the price is right because every time brad has to do a show on the other side of the country they stop filming for a few days.  I think Brad will be the new announcer because every time he has another show to do, it's on the other coast, and the show stops production for a few days.

I disagree with this premise for multiple reasons.  Mikey said that they'd be holding multiple on-air auditions, and it seems to me that this is too early in the taping schedule to have chosen an announcer.  Also, if Brad had other committments, there'd be nothing to stop them from "rotating in" another announcer, and then airing the shows in such a way that one announcer's shows all air together.  I simply couldn't see them pretzel-twisting their schedule around someone they haven't hired fulltime.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 01:37:21 PM by brtsimpson142 »
Bazinga!

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
« Reply #754 on: July 24, 2010, 01:50:56 PM »
Can anyone tell me if they'll still show the new announcers on camera when the shows air like they did for Rich?
Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #755 on: July 24, 2010, 02:02:03 PM »
<Quoting snipped>

I'm sorry, but is it absolutely necessary to grammatically correct everyone's posts? I mean, obviously it was coherent enough for you to understand and disagree.

It's getting a little ridiculous.

Offline whewfan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #756 on: July 24, 2010, 07:47:53 PM »
Not sure how JD would do as announcer, but from what I heard he was actually a decent TPIR host for the Vegas shows. As for STYD, they were doing something right because she show was off and on the air for a while. Pat Finn was fine, it was his SIDEKICKS that were grating. Mark L Wahlberg did little in terms of a sidekick role. It would take a WHILE before he proved himself to be a competent host on Russian Roulette and On the Cover (the second format was FAR better). Pat's second sidekick Jason Smith was actually funny, and made it enjoyable, but I couldn't stomach Dee Bradley Baker. Dee's characters were silly and in some ways, creepy, especially Grandma Crumudgeon. Sure Jay Stewart dressed in drag sometimes, but unlike Dee, when Jay did it he kept the dignity of the show intact.

The JD Roberto version of STYD was laughably cheap and very stoic. Pat's version had very silly stunts, but at least it was animated and moved in a brisk pace... JD's version was SLOW. In favor of the energetic stunts, the couples were subjected to cheap and obvious knockoffs of several TPIR pricing games. The bonus round was the only thing about the show that was pretty much the same. The only difference was, no spiral staircase, so no chance of watching contestants nearly fall flat on their faces trying to race down the steps!

JD's version also had no sidekick, but at least there was no Dee Baker trying to stink things up. JD just had little to do with a very flimsy format.