Author Topic: CSS Results for November 2  (Read 2027 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for November 2
« on: November 02, 2006, 02:50:30 PM »
So far this week we have had FIVE DSWs. While it's not a record, it certainly speaks well to the ability of the CSS players! SteveGavazzi, apeminkie, RobertSearcy, and now add Robair and heelsrule1988 to the list... who knows, YOU could be up there tomorrow!

The first showcase got me. The Toy Hauler trailer is NOT that expensive. However, that bowling video game probably is (see the recap thread for exactly how much), and I went quite low. Only one person went over, and two people snagged a DSW, Robair with the win and $73 difference! Though heels performed well, the $197 difference won't be good enough for money.

Showcase two was (for me) the dreaded ALL-TRIP showcase. Again, one overbid, a few good bids, and a lot of careful bidding. Though in 10th place overall, NCC-2000 claims the cash with the only three-figure difference: $552.

Make sure to come in for double-the-values, double-the-fun Friday!

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for November 2, 2006 -- Game 33
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
Re: CSS Results for November 2
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 03:16:35 PM »
Well, at least I scored some points today.  Mind you, my garf on SC1 wasn't as bad as the other two garfs below me
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 03:43:28 PM »
My awesome week continues. Minus yesterday, it's gotten better every day. Very glad to DSW. Props to Robair, though, for doing even better.

Rivalry update: This is the third straight time I've beaten Armadillo, making the season series 8-5 in my favor. He went down swinging, though, so he deserves credit for taking a risk on the trailer.

BuddyTom wrote:
Though heels performed well, the $197 difference won't be good enough for money.

No problem. I'm comfortable on the leaderboard as far as money goes. It's the points I need to work on, and hopefully this week will help me in that department.

Offline Robair

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Is this thing on?
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 03:58:10 PM »
Just for the record, the game was the Namco Rockin Bowl O'Rama, and the copy on the distributor sheet I saw for it even had the line about "all the fun of bowling without the stinky shoes".

The price of that item is $5,299. I thought it was about $2000.

So how the hell did I win, anyway? I'm confused...
We'll think of a signature. Don't worry.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 06:16:31 PM »
Because you bid better than everyone else.  Duh.

BuddyTom wrote:
Only one person went over,

I suppose this is the closest I'll come to getting a mention in the daily recaps for awhile, the rate this season is going for me.  Oh well.  C'est la vie.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy