Author Topic: Pricing Games With Blooper Wins  (Read 11112 times)

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Pricing Games With Blooper Wins
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 11:11:03 PM »
Yep, I remember that. It was a Peter Pan DVD. I believe they awarded the contestant the prize during the Showcase Showdown.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 02:12:00 AM »
I just want to see Breton's Flip-Flop incident myself to believe it.  I really hope that someone's got a link to it.  

As far as other "blooper wins" go, I'd have to remember the Lucky Seven blooper--in which they opened the wrong door in the price of a truck--during the '86 Primetime Special.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline HTJones

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 03:12:52 AM »
I recall a show from June 2004 where Range Game's price didn't    
light up, but they gave it to the contestant because she stopped at the right time (where the price would have lit up); she then proceded to do a dirty dance--right in front of Bob!  :lol: After that mess, Bob yelled to someone offstage (possibly Roger), "Get this woman off my stage!"  :lol:

Offline ironman00710

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 08:35:09 AM »
On youtube there are two to three blooper videos floating around.  Here are the links:

Switcharoo (the one shelly mentioned earlier): contestant only won one price, but after all the correct numbers were reveiled, an error on the "given" numbers was found.  There was reveiled price of the car said "$12,540", but the given numbers on the board showed a "4" where the "5" should have been. She was given the car.

Pushover (Alfonzo mentioned this one too): Bob is explaining the game, and before he finishs explaining how to play it, he pushed the blocks just a tad and the price was reveiled.  She was given the trip, and Bob got to play Push Over for the first time on his own.

Offline Marcello L. Silva

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 08:50:11 AM »
How about the one where this guy named Brendon pushes the red button on Flip Flop and the price revealed. Would that be considered a blooper win. and BTW, does someone have the video?

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 03:36:33 PM »
Does the Shell game incident from 1986 qualify? It's on youtube also, it was the one where Bob said "Everyone knows the damn ball isn't there, IT'S HERE!". If you haven't seen that clip, it's a must see

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 03:40:20 PM »
On the same 1989 show of the Superball goof I mentioned, a lady lost One Away after her second try.  It was revealed that the numbers that were able to be changed were misplaced, and she was awarded the car.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 08:14:33 PM »
The first playing of Clock Game supposedly didn't give the full 30 seconds, or something to that effect.  Naturally, they gave the contestant both prizes.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 09:59:32 PM »
A similar error happend on Time is Money. The 20 clock was calibrated at 15 seconds. The lady lost. She was later awarded the prize after the error was dicovered.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 09:53:07 AM »
There were at least two other episodes with two blooper wins. In 1989, there was an error in the price of the car in One Away, causing the car to be given to the contestant due to the error, on the same episode in which $10K was awarded in Punchboard due to their being no slip of paper in one of the punched holes. On 11/12/96, Barker saying the other 1 was in the price of the car(upon being asked if it was) in Any Number when in fact it wasn't, so the car was given to the contestant. On the same episode, Pathfinder was played. The second number in the price of the Dodge Caravan, 1, was lit up when Barker told the player he was standing on the first number, a 2. He then gets the next two numbers right, 4 and 8, without a mistake. The zero is then lit before he steps to it. The player assumer the zero is the last number in the price, and he steps to it and it's the five. He then misses all three small prizes' prices, thereby losing the car. Just before the Showcase price reveal, Barker decides to award the player, who has made it to the Showcase as the runner-up, the car. Awarding the car before the SC began would have made the player the top winner.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 10:25:06 AM »
I hope someone does have the link for the breton incident since viewers on the east coast and central time zone didnt get to see it because of the popes funeral and suspended golf tourny match.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2006, 11:53:23 AM »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2006, 12:05:28 PM »
Nathan Diniz wrote:

How about this one:

www.tpir.tv/bloopers/4/checkout.mp3

Absolutely not.  The blooper in that clip didn't affect gameplay in the least.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2006, 12:07:17 PM »
People, it took me ten seconds to find the Flip Flop playing at Youtube:

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2006, 01:02:10 PM »
oops!