Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/15/2006  (Read 32785 times)

• In the Audience
Re: DISCUSSION - TPiR 11/15/2006
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 06:15:29 PM »
So Pick-A-Pair and One Wrong Price were the only wins, huh?  Figures.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 06:23:35 PM »
Wow...I don't think I've ever seen a pricing game as cruel as Spelling Bee today.  There's no way anyone was gonna have a decent shot at winning today...those SP's were darn-near impossible and I don't think even I would have gotten more than one of them.  And then, after taking the cash to at least salvage something out of it...ow.  That was painful in a way that's tough to describe on a family website.

Pricing games 2-5:  Yeah, they were there.  

Balance Game:  Echo the "Where the heck did they get that trip?" sentiments.  I thought $8,774 would be right for sure.  I guess they want to get all the mileage they can out of the five-digit display.

Pick-A-Pair:  Hooray Ruth!  Great to see her get a win.  Which I guess means 'great to see her get Pick-A-Pair', since we all know Pick-A-Pair = win, especially today.  Too easy to find the cheapest pair, especially once she picked the spray.

Line 'em Up:  At least I score 29 AR points for that, right?  :-D

Too bad Delia insisted on making such bad bids...I was hoping she'd get on stage so badly, since she looked so excited to be there.  Oh well.  (Wow, I unintentionally used 'bad' three separate times in that sentence.)

Showcases:  Sigh, are they just trying to rub it in?  (Closeup of Kristina) "And as our customer peruses the rack..."  Way ahead of you there, Rich.  Like two days ahead of you.  :lol:
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 07:11:26 PM »
Spelling: OUCHA, OUCHA, and the other word I can't say. I just figured that he had a car card, sure enough he did. Yeah, what is up with Bob not turning the cards like he used to?

Balance: Wow, just wow. When was the last time we had a trip over 10 g's on the daytime show? That was more like a prize that should have been saved for a MDS or a season premiere show.

Pappy: Easy enough

OWP: Simple

Line 'em up: Have we returned to budge mode? 14 g's for a car in this game seems a little atypical.

BBB: oops! But it seems we are about 50/50 on this winwise so far in season 35?

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 08:11:02 PM »
The only thing that I could say about today's Spelling Bee playing is that James had some really bad Karma; the pricing portion itself had "EVIL" written all over it.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/15/2006
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 09:36:34 PM »
So is this how the games today went(in no particular order)?:

Pick-A-Pair=W
One Wrong Price=W
Spelling Bee=L
Balance Game=L
Line 'Em Up=L
Barker's Bargain Bar=L

Did you all notice the pattern starting from last Thursday?  4 out of 5 days have had Double Disasters(the only day being Tuesday, with Master Key being a win)!  Man, the budget must be way up there.

Later!

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 09:58:42 PM »
Show #6454
Was anyone home alone while watching this episode of the Price is Right?  I wasn't.  I was at work.

Trip to Paris
Since when was the last time a trip to Paris was offered outside the showcases?

Oh, and did you know that Paris, France was also the destination of the McCallister family in the 1990 film Home Alone?  It hit theaters on Shane Stirling's 20th birthday.  Tomorrow is the film's 16th anniversary of its release.

Universal Queen's Gate Dining Room
As it jumps ship for the first time on Price, the price of the dining room without the dinnerware is $5,995.

New Greeting Cards
Four pairs of Waterford Crystal Candlesticks (clockwise from upper left):

Bethany 10":  $200
Prentiss 6": $169
Wedding Heirloom 6":  $195
Lismore 6":  $185
Total for candlesticks:  $749

Now, to the other two prizes:
Trip to Miami, the McCallisters' destination in the 1992 film Home Alone 2: Lost in New York - $5,745
Ford Escape - $20,692

Port o Price
GA Systems Soda Fountain, and Fuller, go easy on the Pepsi! - $5,850
Corsican Garden Cradle - $3,225
GEM eS - $7,695

Modeling Report Card for November 15, 2006

Gabrielle ends up $58 shy of $50,000.

Kristina Longa at Halftime
5-show total - $156,988
Average - $31,397.60
Prize Count - 38

Buzz's life savings is holding 27 prizes and a supply of Luma Tweeze worth $115,242!

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 10:17:40 PM »
Wow, Spelling Bee was depressing.  I mean, James technically didn't earn a car...but the prices were unusually hard, and the end of that game was a shot in the heart regardless.

And for what it's worth, that's definitely happened before (although perhaps not with a CAR card actually in play).  I distinctly remember it occurring on the game's last playing of Season 28, in September '00.

Um...wow, I'm now noticing after reading everyone's comments how expensive that trip in Balance Game was.  That was weird.

Linda (in 1 Wrong Price) and Robb (in Barker's Bargain Bar) both made their guesses before Bob was finished talking.  You don't realize how infrequently that happens until you get two people doing it in the same show.

Did anyone notice that the 1 on the Line em Up board lit up today while Bob was explaining the game?

Frank15 wrote:

Did anyone notice during One Wrong Price, that there was a weird light-blue thing between door #1 and door #2? It was gone by Barker's Bargain Bar. Anyone know what the heck that was?

I've actually noticed that stuff semi-frequently since the set changed back in Season 31...maybe it used to happen before, too, but was just less noticeable because the borders were black for the first 30 years.

Nick wrote:

rob79 wrote:

Anyone know exactly the last time a contestant only had two cards in this game?

It wasn't too long ago.  I remember Bob forgetting to give the contestant the option to bailout with the $1,000 and simply proceeded with the cards, which he didn't win with.  Upon returning from commercial, Bob remarked his mistake and awarded the contestant the $1,000.

Yep, that's the same playing that I mentioned at the top of this post.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 10:50:19 PM »
I think someone needs to suspend hulks posting privelages. All they are are negative posts.  It is getting real annoying.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 11:25:52 PM »
Spelling Bee: All I can say is [color=FF0000]PAINFUL BAILOUT[/color].

Balance Game: I kept saying "balance" in a thick accent during the beginning. Another expensive trip, I must say.

One Wrong Price: Wow! Linda made up her mind before I had an idea of what I want to pick.

Pick-A-Pair: "What else could be $2.99? It was either the peanut butter or the hairspray."

Barker's Bargain Bar: Heck, I went for the bar set too. An ice sounds pretty good now.

Line 'em Up: That wonderful thinking music made me forget about the numbers because it sounds so good. If only I could've listened to that while I was taking my exam today.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2006, 11:39:33 PM »

PriceFanArmadillo wrote:
Showcases:  Sigh, are they just trying to rub it in?  (Closeup of Kristina) "And as our customer peruses the rack..."  Way ahead of you there, Rich.  Like two days ahead of you.  :lol:

Any night now, you're going to have a Kristina dream, and man, is it going to be awesome. :-D

rodroddyfan wrote:
I think someone needs to suspend hulks posting privelages. All they are are negative posts.  It is getting real annoying.

That has been a much-anticipated day for some time now.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2006, 11:42:27 PM »
Oh I know that heels. I try to be nice to her, but she is just getting outright ridiculous.

Offline Train

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 11:56:41 PM »
The Spelling Bee loss was as painful a loss as there's ever been.

Think of what contestants of Deal or no Deal go through.  That's what came to my mind.  He took a $1000 deal, but his "case" had a lot more.

Did you all notice the pattern starting from last Thursday? 4 out of 5 days have had Double Disasters(the only day being Tuesday, with Master Key being a win)! Man, the budget must be way up there.

Double disaster?  What is that?

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2006, 12:23:02 AM »

PriceFanArmadillo wrote:

I have a feeling that Kristina has a very big impact on you, Army.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2006, 12:27:24 AM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown (Credit Card).

Spelling Bee -- 4:46
Balance Game -- 2:03
One Wrong Price -- 1:27
Pick-a-Pair -- 1:52
Barker's Bargain Bar -- 1:28
Line em Up -- 3:25

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2006, 10:49:14 AM »

wpghi5 wrote:
I have a feeling that Kristina has a very big impact on you, Army.

Can you blame him? As I've mentioned before, I like her. She's definitely pretty. :-D