Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/27/2011  (Read 23417 times)

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/27/2011
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2011, 06:02:17 PM »
Not exactly.  Bob told the contestant to set the Magic# at a price that is higher than prize #1 and lower than prize #2.

IYAM, those things should have been determined well before the end of Season 36.

It's a subtle difference, but this wording makes it much clearer. Perhaps Drew should start doing it that way too. And no one ever said he has to say "oh, it's higher than $1000", but saying even that much would help.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2011, 06:04:07 PM »
I don't care about the wording... contestants should be able to deduce they don't need an exact price. Come on.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2011, 07:33:10 PM »
Not exactly.  Bob told the contestant to set the Magic# at a price that is higher than prize #1 and lower than prize #2.

This is exactly right.  Drew makes it sound like the contestant is trying to find one specific "magic number," whereas Bob (correctly) made it sound like the magic number was whatever was on the display at the moment.

I don't care about the wording... contestants should be able to deduce they don't need an exact price. Come on.

I can't even begin to count how many contestants gave this exact explanation for Blank Check over the years.  People do not think straight while they're on that stage.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.