Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/27/2006  (Read 35382 times)

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/27/2006
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 10:03:48 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:

wpghi5 wrote:

The point is he won the car.

No, the point is that people are misusing the word "perfectly."

You say whatever you like I'll say whatever I like.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 10:26:46 PM »
Mark Dennis wrote:

You're quite right there, PriceFanArmadillo...

Since I went to school for broadcasting, and have been an intern at several TV stations.. and my father works as an engineer in television (at WIVB-TV, our local CBS affiliate, which is why I can't be a contestant on the show :-( , but that's another story) I can explain what happened here...(REMAINDER DELETED FOR BREVITY)

Of course, my entire experience with the subject consists entirely of what I observed of the cameramen at the two tapings I went to last September.  :lol:

(It just so happened they played Grand Game at one of those two tapings.  I don't recall that exact shot from the taping, but I was pretty sure that's how they did it.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2006, 10:31:32 PM »
wpghi5 wrote:
You say whatever you like I'll say whatever I like.

Yes, you do that.  And you'll still be wrong.

[color=CC0000]MOD NOTE: End of discussion, boys. Take it to the PM, please- JC[/color]
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2006, 10:37:16 PM »
Fairly good show today.

Marc did play Lucky $even well, even though it was fairly easy.

It was nice to finally see Shell Game, but it's unfortunate that it showed up the week I didn't pick it for Amazing Race.

I thought One Away was pretty easy, so I knew that Ami shouldn't have changed the third number.

Online whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2006, 10:41:56 PM »
Game #6605

The Cast Rallies For Their Causes
Heartland Combination Range - $6,595
Water Ventures Molokini Kayak - $2,083
2007 Chrysler 300 - $24,698

Showcase #2
Check this out: Stone Cold Ice Cream Cakes, and I even altered the Cold Stone logo! - $840
Amini Tresor Dining Room and Formalities Samantha Dinnerware - $7,459
Yamaha Phaser Snowmobile, which you haven't seen on the show before - $6,598

Modeling Report Card for November 27, 2006

With $47,033, Rachel has this game covered.  Gwennie also has a pair of 7s and a pair of 0s.

Since you tuned in to CBS today, you've seen one grocery supply and 24 prizes worth $118,034!

Offline gauchodirk

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2006, 11:16:15 PM »
Daniel was a good contestant, and he seemed to be very nice, but he did one thing during Shell Game that drives me absolutely crazy when contestants do it: when he won a chip, he looked out to the audience (and presumably his group) to find out which shell the chip should go in front of.  They don't know!  You don't know!  Just pick a shell!  Spelling Bee and Pass the Buck, to name others, suffer from this occasionally too.  It just seems to me like some contestants don't realize that they are allowed to decide things for themselves; yes, the audience can help you, but you don't have to use them, and you certainly don't have to use them for decisions that they don't know any better than you do!

Okay, my rant is over.  That was one expensive range in the first showcase today.  I initially thought Marc had made a DSW-worthy bid.

Offline siowafc

• 11/15/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2006, 11:36:11 PM »
Not the most exciting lineup of games today.

And the range was $6,500?! Wow. In my head, I definitely had it pegged at something like $1,200. Oops.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2006, 08:02:17 AM »

siowafc wrote:
And the range was $6,500?! Wow. In my head, I definitely had it pegged at something like $1,200. Oops.

Heartland Appliances = $$$$$$$$$$$

The Heartland refrigerator, frequently offered on the show and was a prize in the LMAD portion of the "Gameshow Marathon", is about the same price.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline justin

• In the Audience
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2006, 10:25:26 AM »
it's about time they played shell game. i love it when bob lets the contestant lift the shell up to see if the ball is there. i think the retirement of hit me should make this game be played more

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2006, 10:58:07 AM »
mvp23_07 wrote:

it's about time they played shell game. i love it when bob lets the contestant lift the shell up to see if the ball is there. i think the retirement of hit me should make this game be played more

The playing frequencies of Hit Me and Shell Game have absolutely nothing to do with one another.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2006, 05:08:32 PM »
Lucky $even-Played extremely well. He wasn't afraid to go for numbers away from 5, and it paid off with $4 extra. (Now he can buy more than one gallon of gas with that money )

Shell Game-Whoa, Shell Game is finally played. I had a feeling it was going to be played today. I also had a preminition it was going to be played perfectly. Very easy SP portion. I think this is the 1st time I've actually seen it played with the new set.

Grand Game-What was up with the weird zoom-in of the covered target price during the intro? Yet another winner in this game; this game is producing lots of slightly richer people.

SCSD #1-Wow, I didn't think Marc would get $1000, but he did!

Easy as 1 2 3-Well, there goes a perfect show. Easy setup. I was kind of surprised that most and least expensive were only less than $650 apart.

One Away-Sigh, she had to look for help if the 1st number was 1 or 3? That's sad. It's the $17xxx Malibu. I knew she lost when she kept the 9.

Coming or Going: Someone knows about the $xx95 spa.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2006, 09:58:29 AM »
The town was cableless from 2 a.m to by the time I got home from work sadly not getting one clip from that day's TPIR  :-( . Judging from your posts, It looked like an average show. My only hopes now is to wait for it to be repeated.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2006, 09:22:23 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Lucky $even -- 2:01
Shell Game -- 4:14
Grand Game -- 3:36
Eazy az 1-2-3 -- 2:08
One Away -- 2:27
Coming or Going -- 1:19

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2007, 12:04:44 AM »
Remember when I said my hopes was for this show to be repeated?

Well, 4th of July arrived a little early.:-D

Lucky 7: Played extreme;y well.

Shell: The SP's were easy as heck that day.

Grand: Another great $10K win!!!

Easy: That sofa had no intentions to be the least expensive.

One Away: A $17K Chevy Malibu proved for a loss.

CoG: The $**95 setup is like a riding a bicycle.

Showcases: That Dining Room SC had to at least $14K and I was right.

A 3.50-star show.

Now all I need is the May 10th show to be rebroadcasted hopefully.