Author Topic: 3 Strikes + 3/12/86 OB  (Read 3061 times)

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
3 Strikes + 3/12/86 OB
« on: August 21, 2011, 07:13:22 AM »
Pretty sure this is from original broadcast as GSN didn't air the 1985-86 season outside of maybe an Xmas episode. Comes from Millioncolorsoflight AKA Seth Thrasher on his Youtube: A contestant gets a perfect bid on her IUFB, then wins a Corvette in 3 Strikes + by getting the five numbers in the price of the car in order, without getting a single strike, and placing every number correct. It even includes Barker talking about the win for a few seconds after the commercial break. IIRC seeing this from the original broadcast that this contestant made the Showcase, but I don't remember if she won. The daytime record at the time was I believe $54K.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 07:20:50 AM by trytobecharming »

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
Re: 3 Strikes + 3/12/86 OB
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 08:14:52 AM »

Offline GSNSmashFan3

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My game show collection.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 10:26:21 AM »
W-O-W.

I've always wondered if a Three Strikes perfection ever happened.
HYO Winnings:
$46,241.21 (Participated in 6 games; on stage 4 times)

I love Clock Game!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 11:28:40 AM »
I think the last time a perfect 3 Strikes happened was during Season 29.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 02:00:03 PM »
I think the last time a perfect 3 Strikes happened was during Season 29.

I seriously doubt that a playing in S29 was won in the same flawless manner as this one: The contestant placed all five numbers correctly. On the first try. *In order*. Without a single strike. Yes, folks have drawn all five without a strike. And I recall at least a couple of people getting them all on the first try.  But aside from this playing, I've never seen anyone get the five *in order* plus have the other two conditions met.

Also, as a reminder to the original poster: If you start a thread in this section, you need to actually embed the video you're describing, or at least LINK to it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 02:03:05 PM by Seth »

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »
I seriously doubt that a playing in S29 was won in the same flawless manner as this one: The contestant placed all five numbers correctly. On the first try. *In order*. Without a single strike.

The contestant in S29 placed all five numbers correctly without a single strike, but needed 6 pulls to do it.

This same feat was also accomplished in S30.

As an aside, I really think that pulling out the numbers in order shouldn't make a difference in whether it was a "perfect" playing since that element is complete luck.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 06:10:38 PM »
Only one strike chip was present during Seasons 29 and 30.  That alone significantly increases the odds of anything that involves not drawing a strike.

As an aside, I really think that pulling out the numbers in order shouldn't make a difference in whether it was a "perfect" playing since that element is complete luck.

The "complete luck" part is a large portion of what makes it so amazing.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 06:57:17 PM »

Also, as a reminder to the original poster: If you start a thread in this section, you need to actually embed the video you're describing, or at least LINK to it.

I'll try to figure out how to do that next time. Although usually someone else finds these clips before I do.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 08:34:05 PM »
^It is quite simple, and I shall post this for anyone else who is curious; in general, I would recommend removing anything after the basic link, which is denoted by an ampersand (&).

* To link to a video, simply insert the web address -- i.e., for the above video.

* To embed a video, click the YouTube logo just above the smilies while making your post. This will give you a [ youtube ] and a [ /youtube ] (with no spaces; I only did that so it would not register as an invalid link). Place your link in there, and it shall be embedded.

While some videos cannot be embedded (a setting by the uploader), you should probably still embed them so visitors know you are not, for example, trying to Rickroll them.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 03:37:34 AM »
Although usually someone else finds these clips before I do.

...which is entirely beside the point.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.