Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 9/26/2011  (Read 11354 times)

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Re: TPiR Recap - 9/26/2011
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 02:59:04 PM »
George didn't really described the Disney World trip to my satisfaction IMO.  He did mentioned a pair of tickets to WDW but didn't mentioned Park Hopper or One Park Tickets and how many days. There are different prices for these tickets and was hard to play along to bid on the showcase which I'm glad she won it!! 

BTW..this coming Saturday is WDW's 40th Anniversary!
Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 01:26:04 AM »
I hate all the losses as much as anyone, but they knew this wasn't going to be part of the actual premiere week, so I don't see how the taping date is relevant.

They hadn't used any of the prize budget yet before this episode, yet Stack the Deck was still set up as though they were overbudget.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 09:25:21 AM »
They hadn't used any of the prize budget yet before this episode...

But they could anticipate a budget bottleneck coming up for the later premiere week tapings, so the fact that this show happened to be the first chronological outlay of the new budget is still irrelevant.  If I know I've got a big tax bill that's due next month, I'm going to exercise special restraint in spending this month, even if I've got plenty of money in the bank.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 06:18:14 PM »
Switcheroo:  Better than nothing.
Make Your Move:  Rats! :-(
Danger Price:  Maximum bummer! :-(

Not too good overall, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 05:58:03 PM »
First aired S40 episode with Drew wearing a bowtie.

None of the SPs in Switcheroo looked as if they were less than $20, so I immediately deduced that the 1 had to go in the car price.  Drew often states that the SPs aren't important in this game, but he's wrong.

Did I read the price of that treadmill in Danger Price correctly?  $5,397?!

No wonder this episode didn't begin the season, despite it being the first taped episode of the season.  It would be inauspicious to begin the season with a winless show.

My showcase bids:
Jeep--$25,107
Jet ski--$21,507
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16