Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/13/2011  (Read 12874 times)

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
TPiR Recap - 10/13/2011
« on: October 13, 2011, 05:04:58 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - 10/13/2011

Episode #5654K
Aired: 10/13/2011; Tape Date 6/28/2011
Models: Gwendolyn Osborne, Rachel Reynolds, Manuela Arbelaez
Drew Entrance: Door #2
Mic Handoff: Gwendolyn
First Four Contestant Seating: Right to Left

First IUFB: Wine cooler (Danby Silhouette; 166-bottle capacity; ARP: $1,599) (Rachel)

SAMUEL MARCY RODOLFO ANNA WINNER
$950 $1100 $700 $1101 ANNA

Anna is playing 5 Price Tags for a Ford Fusion SE sedan. (3.5-litre V6 engine) (Manuela)

ITEM DISPLAY GUESS ARP
Electric juicer (Aroma) (Rachel) $17 FALSE $17
TRUE
Ice cream maker (Manuela) $57 FALSE $70
FALSE
Set of 6 CF bulbs (Rachel) $25 FALSE $63
FALSE
10pc grilling set (Manuela) $49 FALSE $90
FALSE

Anna gets three tags.

TAGS (Gwendolyn)
(choices bold)
CORRECT?
$20,790 NO
1) $22,375

*WIN*

$19,689 NO
$21,419 NO
$17,844

NO

Second IUFB: 3pc luggage set (ARP: $933) (all models)

Samuel Marcy Rodolfo CHARLES WINNER
$700 $850 $550 $658 MARCY

Marcy is playing Push Over for a trip to Cabo San Lucas. (RT coach LA to Cabo San Lucas, 6n suite Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa, canopy tour) (Rachel)

DISPLAY 1 9 8 6 0 9 4 5 3        
CHOICE 1 9 8 6 0 9 4
ARP $6,094
*WIN*

Third IUFB: Electric guitar (ESP Phoenix II; ten 1hr lessons; ARP: $2,679) (Jason Charles Miller)

Samuel SHAYNA Rodolfo Charles WINNER
$1 $1100 $1200 $1423 CHARLES

Charles is playing Shopping Spree. The target amount is $6,500.

ITEM ARP RUNNING TOTAL  
60" LCD HDTV (Samsung) (Gwendolyn) $2,500 $2,500  
Washer and dryer (teal) (Gwendolyn) $3,198 $5,698  
Sofa (La-Z-Boy Demi) (Rachel) $649 $6,347 LOSS
Accessories (Tory Birch) (Rachel) $1,000  

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Charles $2,679 55 80 OVER
Marcy $7,027 50 80 OVER
Anna $24,197 65 N/A *SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: 33pc body products set (Mor; ARP: $781) (Manuela)

Samuel Shayna Rodolfo ROSA D. WINNER
$775 $780 $300 $550 SHAYNA

Shayna is playing Pick-a-Pair for a steam shower. (Steam Showers Inc. Ariel; ARP: $6,485) (Gwendolyn)

ITEMS Cheez-It crackers Welch's grape jelly (32oz) Burt's Bees lip balm Totino's pizza rolls (bag) Listerine Breath Strips Knorr Rice Sides
GUESS 1
WRONG
    $2.99     $1.89
GUESS 2
*WIN*
        $1.89 $1.89

Fifth IUFB: His-and-hers snowboards (ARP: $1,520) (Rachel)

Samuel LUCA Rodolfo Rosa D. WINNER
$1701 $720 $1700 $900 ROSA D.

Rosa D. is playing Side by Side for a Ski-Doo Summit Sport snowmobile. (Manuela and George Gray choking on the fake snow)

99 80
ARP: $8,099
LOSS

Another guarantee for the mugshot machine. Rodolfo has the smarter bids and the final bid advantage. Samuel has had some questionable bids, but nothing particularly brain-dead. Who, if anyone, will avoid the First Four Wall of Shame?

Sixth IUFB: 30" gas range (ARP: $969) (Gwendolyn)

Samuel Luca Rodolfo ROSA M. WINNER
$1875 $1150 $1200 $1600 OVER
$875 $900 $800 $675 LUCA

Samuel and Rodolfo head over to get their mugshots taken, and Luca is playing One Away for a Dodge Caliber Mainstreet. (2.0-litre engine, CVT transmission, Driver Convenience Group) (Manuela; Rachel on numbers)

DISPLAY 2 8 4 5 1
CHOICE 1 9 5 4 0
CHANGES (5 RIGHT) 1 9 5 4 0
ARP *WIN* $19,540

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Rosa D. $1,520 85 STAY 85
Shayna $7,266 55 95 OVER
Luca $20,509 60 30 *SHOWCASE*

This was kinda awkward, because Rosa D. was cued to make her first spin before the camera was rolling. As a result, nobody taped her spin. Drew vouched for it. Not that it mattered in the end...

SHOWCASE ROUND
In the Battle-of-the-Titans Showcase Round, Anna has the honor...

SC1 - LUCA OUTDOOR OVERLOAD FLORIDA/BOAT
BID: $36,500 5pc outdoor lounger set (Rachel)
Florida (RT coach LA to Fort Myers rental car to Naples, 6n Naples Bay Resort) (Rachel)
West Wight Potter 19' sailboat (Select Package, trailer) (Manuela)
ARP: $27,698
DIFF: OVER
LOSS $20,509
SC2 - ANNA DID SOMEONE SAY ABBEY ROAD? LONDON/CAR
BID: $25,000 iMac (21", 500GB HDD) + 160GB iPod classic + $1,000 iTunes gift card (Gwendolyn)
London (RT coach LA to London, 6n JW Marriott Grosvenor House, custom tour) (Gwendolyn)
2012 Ford Focus SE sedan (2.0-litre engine) (Rachel)
ARP: $31,290
DIFF: $6,290
*WIN* $55,487

Show Results: 4 out of 6
Total Winnings: $94,488

THIS RECAP IS PRODUCED SOLELY FOR GOLDEN-ROAD.NET
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR EXHIBITION IS PROHIBITED

PRODUCED BY KITCH

I have some stuff to do this evening. I'll get to Wednesday's recap as I find the time.
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/13/2011
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 05:07:11 PM »
We had quite a bit of winners today. At least it's better than not having no winners. I hope the budget mode ain't affected for tomorra.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 05:11:48 PM »
Today was a very good episode. Drew was on the ball, not to mention the 4/6 and Perfect One Away win!

Rating: 5/5

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 05:15:21 PM »
This was a strong show before One Away came in sixth...then the five horn win hits.  Unbelievable.

Excellent program.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 05:15:47 PM »
Wow...three falses and the ARP higher than all the fakes.  They actually wanted Five Price Tags won!

How the hell is Cabo San Lucas $6,000?  If Roger had been setting this up, I'd have been 100% sure it was $1,986.

A perfect One Away!  Awesomeness!

I wonder what happened to cause the weird start to the second Showcase Showdown.  Whatever it was, Drew panicking when Rosa tried to spin on 85 is probably the most genuine reaction I've ever seen out of him on the show.  Oddly, it also leads to a potential problem -- Rosa is allowed to spin at that point, although I really doubt she would have had Drew offered after explaining (for a second time) what was going on.

We had quite a bit of winners today. At least it's better than not having no winners.

What do you mean?  We did not have no winners!

(Yes, guys, I know what he's saying...but if we can't mess with him, what's the point?)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline whewfan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 05:19:01 PM »
You and I were watching a different show then... Drew was NOT "on the ball".  He jumped the cue to let the first player spin during the SCSD. Also, lots of stumbling and "ummms"... you could make a drinking game out of that! I know Drew is NOT Bob, but when the 5PT player pulled the tag herself, she basically ruined any opportunity Drew could've taken to build the suspense, something Bob would've had a field day with.
I will say one thing... Drew knows how to do One Away. It's a game that he obviously likes.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 05:26:15 PM »
Drew needs to learn to take control of the contestants and have them stand in one place. Once again, during Pick-a-Pair, the contestant was all over the place. The problem I have isn't Drew wanting a relaxed atmosphere, it's the fact that the contestant has no mircophone and any potential conversation/funny comment or exchange has no chance of taking place. Not to mention it'll make for an awkward/blocked reveal one of these days. Same thing with Five Price Tags. Contestant walks right over and snatches a price before Drew even says anything. Potential for suspenseful buildup gone. Bob was absolutely masterful at effortlessly moving the contestants into perfect position--often, without even having to say anything to them. Obviously, Drew is not Bob--but come on, he has to be able to do better than what he did today.

One Away was really neat. Why can't Drew put as much effort into all the games as he does One Away? He uuuh-ed and mumbled and stumbled through much of the show, but he was really good here.

(Yes, guys, I know what he's saying...but if we can't mess with him, what's the point?)

Ha! I didn't even notice that. I guess the word "tomorra" captured my attention.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 05:29:26 PM »
Even from a choppy west coast feed, the excellence of this show really sparkled. I am looking forward to combing through this tonight. It's too bad it didn't go 5/6 when Rosa clearly had no concept of -99, but Spree was a pretty tough trap, so I have no regret over missing a perfect show. While it shouldn't be this easy every day, the setups this week has been very DOB-esque.

One Away two weeks in a row? I don't know if this is part of the "let's get these maligned car games a fair chance", but I'd love to see OA pick up the slack from a severe frequency drop last season.

Did anyone else notice the 2nd half was the exact same as our last perfect show? OA was harder then, but PaP had about the same difficulty and Side was also a cookie. This good half along with a nice 1st half (MP!) gives Adam additional praise today.

Drew, buddy... this is basic stuff. SD2 has CNAOS you need to wait for, SD1 doesn't. Come on...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 05:35:48 PM by Wayoshi »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 05:33:57 PM »

I mean it's better than having a 0 for 6 show. My double negatives are negatives.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 05:37:39 PM »
I mean it's better than having a 0 for 6 show. My double negatives are negatives.
Your first post makes it sound like 4/6 is somehow bad, and that at least something worse didn't happen. This makes no sense.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 05:40:14 PM »
Your first post makes it sound like 4/6 is somehow bad, and that at least something worse didn't happen. This makes no sense.
I made a mistake when i put the at least part in so a 4/6 show is good.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 05:52:12 PM »
Marcy's shirt was amusing. :lol:

Shopping Spree was evil... especially considering that designer stuff has been shockingly cheap as of late.

A One Away perfecto at last! It seems like we've had so many chances to get one the last couple of years... I'm glad we finally got one!

I'd be willing to bet that what happened in the second Showdown has never happened before. :P

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Luca
SHOW GRADE: 3

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 06:15:22 PM »

How the hell is Cabo San Lucas $6,000?  If Roger had been setting this up, I'd have been 100% sure it was $1,986.

I wonder what happened to cause the weird start to the second Showcase Showdown.  Whatever it was, Drew panicking when Rosa tried to spin on 85 is probably the most genuine reaction I've ever seen out of him on the show.  Oddly, it also leads to a potential problem -- Rosa is allowed to spin at that point, although I really doubt she would have had Drew offered after explaining (for a second time) what was going on.

I suspect the suites at that hotel for six nights aren't that cheap :) It was almost $6K the last time it was on the show, same hotel, but maybe with different extras. WHy they edited out a spin of the SCSD and left the overbid during the sixth IUFB in, I don't know.

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 06:21:59 PM »
Wow, this show was exactly the spark this week needed, and one of the best eps of the season to date! Today the nicer setups continued but we got some really big payoff for them with exciting 5PT and One Away wins. It was our first five-horn One Away win since 12/16/2008, and Drew as usual did a great job gradually building it up and really turning OA into a nice grand finale for the show. This is why I love OA 6th. 5PT was also nice to see a contestant get the car right on the first try.

Shopping Spree had a pretty difficult trap to it, which was good, because if we had perfection blown on that cupcake Side By Side I'd have been through.

When a show flows like this, I don't even mind stuff like George in the snowmobile - it didn't hurt that that was one of his better executed "funny" modeling attempts.

Pick A Pair took entirely too long, and you could tell it was severely edited down. As others have stated, Drew really needs to take control over the show. Granted, today the contestant asked him directly if she could walk over, which made it kind of awkward for him, but he still has to at least make playings of PAP take less than 5 minutes.  I did, however, really like his hosting on the end of the show with OA and the showcase showdown. The showcase showdown came off about as well as it could have - they really handled it the only fair way, and because she had already agreed to stay Drew was absolutely right to force her to not spin again. That is the type of control he should be taking more often - it could help save things like the infamous June 1 playing of Race Game ("throw those price tags down").

Timings:
5 Price Tags (5.5) - 4:30
Push Over (4) - 3:16
Shopping Spree (4.5) - 4:33
Pick A Pair (4.5) - 4:33
Side By Side (3.5) - 2:58
One Away (5)- 5:14
Total (27): 24:54

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 06:46:09 PM »
Bob was absolutely masterful at effortlessly moving the contestants into perfect position--often, without even having to say anything to them. Obviously, Drew is not Bob--but come on, he has to be able to do better than what he did today.
You have to keep in mind that Bob did have a long corded microphone that created a sort of barrier between the contestant and the game prop. With the wireless, there is no barrier. I have no problem with the wireless however. That's no excuse for Drew, but the fact that there is nothing blocking the contestants these days (whether it be little) is something worth noting.

-TAGS! One my favorites comes out of the gate just begging to be won. So glad it was. Mike is supporting "Falsitis"? What's going on here?  8-O
-I didn't find Pick-A-Pair to be terribly difficult. Glad she won it in the end.
-How in Heaven's name was Side By Side lost? I mean seriously, come on audience.
-Then we end the show with One Away. An odd choice that seamlessly redeems itself with a perfect win! (And I for one like the "GPT Lift" Reveal)

This was an excellent show that should've no doubt been a 5 for 6. I wouldn't say Shopping Spree was supposed to be won (that was tough), but today was also a serious contender for a perfect show.

I'm liking Season 40 more and more now....4-Car Race Game Win, 3 Strikes Not First (and last), 3-Car Show, and an It's in the Bag Win. This season is looking up. Get some classic cues in here and those games Adam talked about (fat chance on both), and we may have the best Mike Era Season yet.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:48:22 PM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.