Author Topic: cu's Price is Right: MDS #1  (Read 44738 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
cu's Price is Right: MDS #1
« on: December 17, 2011, 06:47:59 PM »

On our Fifth Show Special, we had quite a bit of fun! thepriceis_J got all the way to the end of the Golden Road, had the car in sight...but lost it at the very end. WooWho had a car within grasp...but bailed at the last minute. Unique actually did win a car. Sadly, we had a wipeout in Shell Game, and we were unable to give away another car...but WooWho did wind up winning a trailer, so all was not lost.

But we're not quite done celebrating! We're going into primetime, and bringing you the first ever cu's Price is Right Million Dollar Spectacular!  We will be using the Season 36 MDS rules, with a slight modification to the Showcase rules- if your bid is within $1000 of the ARP, you'll win both Showcases alone...but if you're within $500, you'll also win the million. It's that simple. :)

And I'm not alone! For this episode, I am pleased to announce that my good friend prizes22 will be hosting with me! We have spent the past three months or so planning this show out, finding a ton of fun, exciting prizes, and we are ready to bring them all to you! I will host the first half of the show, prizes will take over during the fourth One-Bid round, and I'll take back over for the Showcases.  It should be an exciting show, and we can't wait to get started! First, however, as always, a few simple rules, because I value what little sanity I have left:

1. 24 hour time limit for EVERYTHING.  In the Row, that's 24 hours from the previous bid. Miss the deadline once and you’ll get a warning, miss it twice and you’ll be ejected from the show. Pricing games will be handled based on the circumstances.  If you know ahead of time you will be away for an extended period of time, please let me know via a PM and we'll work something out.

2. Audience participation is encouraged, but please don't help out during the One-Bids. Anywhere else is fine.

3. I will PM you when I call you down. Otherwise, you will have to pay attention to this thread!

4. All contestants must meet eligibility guidelines as stated in the official Rules of the Host Your Own section.

If you want to be a contestant on this show, you have to audition! Please provide a funny (not boring) answer to the following question when you sign up:

If you had the opportunity to run The Price is Right for just one day, and could make any change to the show you wanted, what would you do?

Anyways, as always, this is completely optional…you are not obligated to answer it.  However, those that do answer it will be considered first, and those with the most creative and witty answers will be chosen first. If you want that coveted green spot right off the top of the show, you need to make me laugh so hard that I suddenly forget why the other answers are funny!

Guint, since you won the First Four Pass on our last show, you can either use it now, or save it for Episode Six. Up to you. Everyone else should answer the question. :D

The show will start on Monday at 8pm Eastern. Good luck...you'll need it!

...oh, and I wasn't satisfied with the last set of graphics...so they've been redone again. One of these days I'll pick one set and stick with them...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:54:23 PM by sideshowPA »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
Re: cu's Price is Right: MDS #1: SIGNUPS
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 06:57:20 PM »
Oh, I am SO in this!

I'd change up the game lineup - I'd take out repeat games like Side by Side and Flip Flop and replace them with more fun and exciting games.
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 07:00:03 PM »
Well, get to play on a normal episode...or do it now and gets me more...:P

I'll use the pass. :P

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 07:07:39 PM »
I figured you would, Guint. :)

I forgot to mention...if you want to get picked, think of something that the real show wouldn't actually do (at least not under Roger Dobkowitz). :-D
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 07:09:23 PM »
I'd sign up but I'm co-hosting. Of course, cuStancu has already begun his search, I need to get my X and check clipboard. We got a show to host, chop chop; NEXT!

Unlike that other show though, we've decided to not grade you on your picture. Sorry, Army, no beans this easily.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 07:10:54 PM »
I'm definitely in! :D

Offline mysterywedge

• In Contestant's Row
  • Howdy. You're reading blank text.
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 07:21:43 PM »
cu's shows are always great, I'm signing up!

Now as for what I'd change... the Big Wheel. Since we're having trouble affording giving away those bonuses, the Big Wheel's going down and we replaced it with twenty pieces of paper labeled 5 - 100 in 5 cent increments. If you pick the dollar on your first spin, you get a $1 bonus! If you don't or get it in two tries, too bad. You ain't getting nothing. That saves just enough for there to be a big Showcase, featuring a week's supply of Hot Pockets & a brand... new... ELECTRIC RAZOR!

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
  • "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 07:25:28 PM »
Count me in!

Let's see....My lineup would be: Poker Game (for 4 cars), Race Game (for 4 cars), Danger Price (for 4 cars), Triple Play, One Wrong Price (for 3 cars), and Most Expensive (for 3 cars). If the contestant got all 4 prices right on the 1st try within 15 seconds on Race Game, they would win the cars and a million dollars. Each showcase would have three cars a piece, and if you were within $250, it would be a DSW and a million dollars. I would bring back Lanisha and Brandi, fire Amber and Manuela, and add Mimi as a 5th model. Bob would be a co-host with Drew. Oh, and Rich and Dob would have their jobs back as well.

Needless to say, the show would be broke for like the next 5 years! haha :-D
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 07:27:05 PM »
I'm definitely in! :D

Forgot my changes... I would bring loved retired games back and retire " Thats Too Much!"

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 07:48:19 PM »
I would retire Pay The Rent and create the popular new game, "Stuff The Mailbox Into the Attic".  Somehow it would be played for the same prize.  How I haven't decided yet. :D

So yes, I'm in.

Cyclone

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 07:58:43 PM »
I am In and I would fire Mike and bring back  :clipboard:

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 08:03:41 PM »
I would replace Pay the Rent and Rat Race with The Incredible T and Anvil Drop!

I am in.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »
I'd bring back the elevator in the showcase. Not as a theme, but as a prize.  ;)

I would replace Pay the Rent and Rat Race with The Incredible T and Anvil Drop!

I am in.

I'd take Pay the Rent over Anvil Drop.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 08:40:59 PM »
Sure, why not?

Hm...I would bring back the original Bullseye and get rid of those embarrassing "once in a lifetime" trips.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 08:44:43 PM »
I'd bring back the elevator in the showcase. Not as a theme, but as a prize.  ;)

Actually, if you're the rare rich snob that attends and you get called down, an elevator is not an unwanted prize.  It would fit the 6 floor mansion quite nicely.

Cyclone