Author Topic: Proposing at TPIR: Best place and time?  (Read 14372 times)

Offline GAavenue

• Outside in Line
Proposing at TPIR: Best place and time?
« on: April 02, 2012, 01:50:03 PM »
Hi there Golden Road! I'm a lifelong TPIR fan (and Golden Road reader, great community you've got here!) going to see the show being taped for the first time this week. I've got a ring, I've got a girlfriend, and we both love TPIR, so proposing at the taping would be awesome, and I know her well enough to know she'd love it.

But having never been I need some advice! I don't have to do it on the air, but I'd love to alert a producer to my intentions in case they want to put me on the show since it's a cute story... Or should I do it right when I get there, during or right before the interview? Is there a spot for a picture (near the stage or by the entrance) where I can fake her out and propose while someone takes a picture of us? This isn't a ploy to get picked, I just want to make it as cool and special as possible for her, since she loves the show even more than I do... Though of course it'd be amazing to be on the show when I pop the question for obvious reasons!

Anyway, thanks in advance for any answers, hope she doesn't read this! (If she does, love you babe, hope this didn't ruin the surprise!).

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Re: Proposing at TPIR: Best place and time?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 04:34:07 PM »
You would likely ask a page or staffer, and do it while the show is taping.

Also, you may want to prepare for the possibility of a "No." from your girlfriend. Proposing in a public place, with many people watching, heavily encourages a "Yes." Just wished to point that out. :-)
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Proposing at TPIR: Best place and time?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 10:55:39 PM »
You would likely ask a page or staffer, ...

I'm not sure what best practice is here, but I have to agree that alerting a page is probably a good idea.  Hopefully, it moves up the food chain and you can get some pub.  Preferably, pull a page aside and show the ring.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker