Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/2/2012  (Read 38915 times)

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/2/2012
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 11:18:43 AM »
This isn't why the incident is continually brought up (though Drew did a poor job).

It represents the single turning point for prize selection and what has driven such strange items and tacked on upgrades to trips for the last few seasons.

The fear of somebody "ruining" the show has overwhelmed the staff to the point that they can sometimes only muster up two unique prizes for showcases.

So, a Jump the Shark moment, eh?

Let me ask you all something – suppose we have another one of those showcases, the ones with say, a vintage car and a vacation to Timbuktu with all sorts of "tacked on" extras. Then ... gasp, as astronomical the possibility is ... someone happens to bid the exact price on that showcase. Whether by luck or by skill, the price is exactly correct.

What then, brown cow?

Brian

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 06:34:52 PM »
Did anyone else think that when you saw the cheapness of the prizes in Switch that we had a new producer? I myself was quite shocked at how cheap the total was.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline TPIRmaniac

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Have your human spayed or neutered.
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2012, 01:22:10 AM »
This episode repeated today and I happened to be perusing Reddit when I say this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/yng9w/my_cousin_josh_was_on_the_price_is_right_while_on/

http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/yng9w/my_cousin_josh_was_on_the_price_is_right_while_on/c5x9l2u

Very interesting... I guess there really isn't anyway to check for this I guess  :-?  ;)
SummerTIME!

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2012, 01:31:48 AM »
Very interesting... I guess there really isn't anyway to check for this I guess  :-?  ;)

For price to check if someone is on shrooms?

Or to search reddit for other episodes of people being on shrooms?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline TPIRmaniac

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Have your human spayed or neutered.
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2012, 01:39:53 AM »
To check if someone is high... which is obviously something you don't want on daytime television.
SummerTIME!