Author Topic: CBS boo-boo  (Read 3915 times)

Offline jaguarxjnj

• In Contestant's Row
CBS boo-boo
« on: December 22, 2006, 04:37:19 PM »

What do y'all think of this one?

Everyday during the commercial segment following pricing game number 4, our local cbs station (channel 2 here in new york/new jersey) has a spot where they mention what the top stories will be on CBS 2 News at Noon. It's amazing to me how the anchors ALWAYS say : "Coming up after the 'showcase showdown..."

It was driving me nuts and I actually emailed CBS and told them that the news follows the showcases, not the showcase showdown. I went into a deep explanantion of how the showcases wrap up each show and the showdowns are played to determine who will compete in the finale.

You'd think that CBS should have it correct! I haven't heard from them yet and I'll let you guys know what they say!

Have a very happy holiday!!

Here It Comes!! Television's Most Exciting Hour of Fantastic Prizes!! The Fabulous Sixty Minute Price Is Right!

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: CBS boo-boo
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 05:01:24 PM »
What do you expect from the Dave Price station? :D

Offline LaurenC09

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 05:24:22 PM »
haha, that's funny...our station doesn't say anything about TPIR...just "coming up next" or "next at noon"

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 08:40:47 PM »

br wrote:
What do you expect from the Dave Price station? :D

ROFLMAO!!! :-D
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 09:11:33 PM »

jaguarxjnj wrote:
...I actually emailed CBS and told them that the news follows the showcases, not the showcase showdown. I went into a deep explanantion of how the showcases wrap up each show and the showdowns are played to determine who will compete in the finale.

You'd think that CBS should have it correct! I haven't heard from them yet and I'll let you guys know what they say!

I hope two things are true:

1. That you emailed the station which produced the news promos, not the network, which has no control or involvement in them whatsoever.

and

2. That you were respectful and polite in your email.  If you weren't, don't expect a reply at all.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline jaguarxjnj

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 10:29:11 PM »

As a matter of fact, I emailed the CBS affiliate responsible for the news.

Secondly, of course my email was polite and respectful! It may have been a little on the long side, but I felt like I needed to explain my observation/suggestion.

I would feel kinda cool if next time I see that they say it correctly because it has been consistently wrong since I can remember.

Here It Comes!! Television's Most Exciting Hour of Fantastic Prizes!! The Fabulous Sixty Minute Price Is Right!

Offline Adam Lonier

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 10:32:21 PM »
"Everyday during the commercial segment following pricing game number 4, our local cbs station (channel 2 here in new york/new jersey) has a spot where they mention what the top stories will be on CBS 2 News at Noon. It's amazing to me how the anchors ALWAYS say : "Coming up after the 'showcase showdown..."

Well I can concur as I live in New Jersey. But i need to sneak at portable TV into school to watch the episode i hate to say it. For some reason, I've never heard the mistake.Maybe I just am not listening

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 06:02:39 AM »
Our CBS station--WGCL/ch. 46--simply says "coming up after right after The Price Is Right."

Lots of people mistakingly call the Showcase the "Showcase Showdown," most notably the authors of the Encyclopedia of TV Game Shows. You'd think after 31 years in this format that people would know the difference by now.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 11:55:02 AM »

Ccook wrote:
You'd think after 31 years in this format that people would know the difference by now.

You'd think that after three years that it would be well-known by everyone that Rod Roddy is no longer the announcer of the show, too.

But everybody doesn't watch the show the way we do.  And even within our ranks, there are different levels of obsession going on.  There are some people here who get all wrapped up on little details that some of us couldn't care less about.

It just depends on how much attention you are able to devote to one thing versus other things.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 12:54:39 PM »
Well Rod's death was in the news probably more than Barker's retirement. But, in any event, WCBS doesn't look too bright on this one, people