Author Topic: "Match Game" Question  (Read 3460 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
"Match Game" Question
« on: December 23, 2006, 03:55:04 PM »
When sudden death was played, were only the regular panelists asked to give an answer that would match one of the contestants' written answers?  This happened on today's rerun of Match Game pm on GSN.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: "Match Game" Question
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 04:16:49 PM »
It seems like in the beginning, they just asked Brett, Charles, and Richard.  But later in the run, they'd canvas all 6 stars.  My memory is kind of fuzzy on this, and I couldn't find a reference to back me up, but that's the way I want to say it worked.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Re: "Match Game" Question
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 04:36:21 PM »
It was indeed the way it worked. It was the tie breaker on both PM and the syndicated daily show. There was one show where they began a tie breaker as the audience started laughing, and Gene explained that they had gone through some three tie-breaker questions with no celebrity matching the contestants, so each time they had to stop tape, edit the segment and redo it until they had a match.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne