Author Topic: Theme Change 11/9/2012  (Read 24096 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: Everything panic oh no
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 02:12:51 AM »
I am curious though, if there is the ability to have an option where each member can select their preference in themes, how come that is disabled?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 02:17:29 AM »
I am curious though, if there is the ability to have an option where each member can select their preference in themes, how come that is disabled?

In this case, it's because certain site add-ons work in one theme but not the other, and at the moment that's causing a few bugs.

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 02:50:50 AM »
Seth, I was stunned but then after 30 seconds or so I got used to it, Thanks Seth this design is an ok one
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: Theme Change 11/9/2008
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2012, 04:05:07 AM »
Wait...the theme changed four years ago? Where have I been all this time? :lol:
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2012, 05:07:20 AM »
I would prefer more of a distinguishing mark between different posts -- the old layout had them alternating in yellow and orange, but this one gives a very light blue tint to every other post.

I agree with this.

I really don't like the background colours of the posts.  They just seem very generic ones you see on basic vbulletin/other forum software-based forums.   The yellow at least gave the site something a little different.

The old colours being more colourful replicated the show's use of colour I felt, which was a good thing.

Online thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2012, 06:16:50 AM »
I miss the doors, but other than that I really can't complain that much. The preview that occurred last night did not have this blue background, which was my main concern. It was too bright. The blue brings that back a bit. I kind of don't like the grey-yellow-green/beige that the header bars are, but I'll adjust.

I will say that with 2013 around the corner, I agree with hearkening back to the original design of the site. It was a simpler time. As much as some of us want the show to hearken back to the old days (inclusion of old cues, nicer setups, better lineups, no specials overload, etc.), I'm surprised this isn't that liked.

I'll get used to it. It's still a bit bright. I liked the warm feeling of the past themes, but this isn't bad at all.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2012, 07:06:54 AM »
I really like this new theme, actually. It feels a little more...professional to me.  :-)
Stop the madness.

Online thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2012, 07:32:55 AM »
Hmmm....a mix with the old curtains. I kind of like that.

You know what. How about we just go all Season 36/Blogger and pimp this place out with some hypocycloids!?

Okay...maybe not...maybe.

/Ooh...eggshell green.
//Okay, it's more...light grass.
///Being up this early has made me silly.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:36:33 AM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2012, 07:37:31 AM »
You know what. How about we just go all Season 36/Blogger and pimp this place out with some hypocycloids!?
Oh dear, no. Please. It would be a considerably-large step back.

Speaking of the forum appearance, precisely why is it changing so much? At the very least, the distinguishing tint on every other post is more visible.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 07:40:06 AM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2012, 07:41:16 AM »
Speaking of the forum appearance, precisely why is it changing so much?

Fine-tuning before most people wake up for the day, actually.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2012, 07:42:30 AM »
My only complain with the old layout was that the banner at the top was unfinished (it basically wrapped around and cut off on either side). This new one is a tad plain. The white posting background is fine but it looks too business-like.

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2012, 09:35:17 AM »
I like the new look it looks nice.  :biggrin:
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2012, 10:27:36 AM »
One more thing I noticed, if there is a locked topic, it shows "THIS TOPIC IS LOCKED" in a red highlighted box above every single post in the topic, that seems a bit like overkill.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
Re: Theme Change 11/9/2012
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2012, 12:14:50 PM »
Due to the server issues during today's live chat and CSS, I've temporarily reverted to the old theme while investigating the source of the outage.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Theme Change 11/9/2012
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2012, 03:50:50 PM »
Due to the server issues during today's live chat and CSS, I've temporarily reverted to the old theme while investigating the source of the outage.
Well, I hope it gets fixed in time! I, for one, am looking forward to seeing the new look as soon as the problem is resolved.