Author Topic: 24 years ago today...  (Read 1750 times)

Offline GrandGame1440

• Taking a Bonus Spin
24 years ago today...
« on: January 03, 2007, 01:08:06 AM »
"Just Men!" and "Hit Man" premiere on NBC...but a little ol' pricing game where you could win up to $25,000 premiered on CBS's TPiR.  Mr. City has clips up of the game that I'm sure needs no mention by name :-P:

http://www.stev-o.us/interests/gs/emergencyclips.htm

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 64 years of The Price Is Right
Re: 24 years ago today...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 07:26:37 AM »
^ Same date: Sale Of The Century returned on NBC. It was Reg Grundy's update of the Al Howard series which previously ran on NBC from 1969 to 1973. (Grundy's show had a successful run in Australia before launching it here.)
Bureaucracy is cutting the red tape lengthwise.

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 11:31:40 PM »
I remember watching the day Plinko premiered. Something tells me Plinko was a response to Sale debuting right opposite it. In the weeks leading up to the debut, Sale promos boasted the big prizes and cash awards a contestant could win if they kept coming back.  Price probably felt it needed to combat it somehow - why else would Bob give away what the new game's top prize was at the very opening of the episode?  Back then there was real game show competition on Daytime Network so shows did what they had to do to get those Nielsen families to tune in.   Anyone else remember this?  Agree? Disagree?  Thanks,  JT

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 11:50:25 AM »
And remember, if you still want to be a contestant on Hit Man today FORGET IT!!!!