Front Office > The Front Office

Game Show Garbage

<< < (5/6) > >>

vadernader:
Guys, GRV is just restating what Seth said at the bottom of Page 1. (I myself missed this at first because of the most recent replies not showing Seth's)

I kind of agree and disagree with it. (That's in reference to "Not Giving Ammo", I do disagree with the article :P) It seems like this guy expects someone on here to make a thread about it and users to comment on it and view it. "Don't feed the trolls." comes to mind. Then again, since most of the stuff in his article already happened, nothing we say here could really "incriminate" this site any more than the vision he has of it. It is also fair to voice our own opinion of the article, as long as it is tasteful and not just spiteful/vengeful with a reasoning of... "WELL HE STARTED IT"

DarkShockBro:

--- Quote from: Hag on January 26, 2013, 09:00:39 PM ---A phrase that is often used when criticism of MLP fans comes up is "Haters gonna hate." I think it applies to unconstructive criticism of this board and its members as well. Ignore people like the author of that page, don't give them the attention they're so obviously seeking.

--- End quote ---
You're right, Hag. I just wanted to take a firm statement towards this sort of stuff. I'm not going to say any more about it.

Thrasher:
I will be posting my response shortly. Note that my response comes in major part because of the significant amount of time I've personally invested in this site in recent months, and as such I naturally have a very vested interest in what *everyone* thinks.  Otherwise, I suggest acting as civilized and dignified as you can possibly muster. (And if you can't muster either one, then this would be a good time for you to take an extended trip to the lavatory)

PriceBusterXL:
I think a wise man once said, "Don't start nothin', won't be nothin'".

GuyWithFace:
For the record, the Game Show Forum generally agrees with us. Of course, since they are not the ones being inducted (and, interestingly, are not mentioned by Sidelman in the "three kinds of smarks" portion of his induction), they say considerably more.

As for me, I found it strange that Sidelman notes the response to Roger's firing but fails to mention savethepriceisright.com or the imbecilities that occurred in Season 37 (incidents which were not only mentioned at the aforementioned website but, I should note, have been inducted by Sidelman on his site).

The email which sparked the induction refers to events that happened over four-and-a-half years ago. And back then, there were some people who took Price as a priority over everything else. It reminded me of some asshat last year or the year before who was all "OMG imminent hurricane now I can't watch the show!" or something like that, and every single response was pure disgust (with one pointing out how a similar incident happened on September 11, 2001).

But "some" does not mean "everyone", and I would like to think that many users here have matured in the years since Roger's dismissal.

--- Quote from: DarkShockBro on January 26, 2013, 08:49:39 PM ---Why am I mentioning this? Because this article was published (I'm assuming) around the same time when the site was improving quite a good deal.
--- End quote ---
The "induction" was published earlier today.

--- Quote from: MannyCav on January 26, 2013, 08:40:24 PM ---I do also have some credibility qualms when the author cites Encyclopedia Dramatica as a source and calls it "a great website". I really wouldn't call that troll, shark-bait, inflammatory, crude, hateful, inaccurate, gossiping, and otherwise atrocious website "great".
--- End quote ---
In fairness, Sidelman notes that

--- Quote ---Disclaimer: Encyclopedia Dramatica is a parody site and a troll site.
--- End quote ---
Two more terms I would use are "hornets' nest" and "brain scarring".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version