Author Topic: April 7th, 1987- The Debut of Pathfinder  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: April 7th, 1987- The Debut of Pathfinder
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 10:19:43 PM »
Finally, a playing of Pathfinder for a four-digit car surfaces on YouTube.  I've always read that the center square was a Goodson-Todman asterisk, but I never saw it for myself.  The camerawork for this playing is not what we're used to, so it's cool to see.  It is strange to not see the highlighters flash around each choice of number to make things easier for the contestant.

Thanks for the link to this video.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline tonygrace

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 12:13:51 AM »
I couldn't agree more!  I always thought I remembered 4-digit pathfinder from when I was a kid, and it's great to see it again :)

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 12:42:36 AM »
This is my first time seeing four digit Pathfinder.  Very neat to see!  Very weird to not hearing the usual sound effects we hear today though.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 01:52:06 AM »
A neat thing I noticed... the first playing of Pathfinder overall ALSO was its first perfect playing

ETA: Since I couldn't figure out how to while I was typing this, I'll ask now... is there a way to add spoiler tags to a post?

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 08:00:59 AM »
Nope, though I don't think you'd get too much heat for spoiling a show from 25 years ago.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 08:32:40 AM »
Did anyone notice that one of the small prize prices was already revealed when Rod was describing the prices?  I was surprised Bob didn't comment on it, though I'm guessing he probably would have if the contestant actually needed to use any of the prizes.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 08:43:12 AM »
Nope, though I don't think you'd get too much heat for spoiling a show from 25 years ago.
Well, it might be nice to know so I don't spoil a show from 2 hours ago some time down the road.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 11:41:59 AM »
I love the jazzy song in SC2 and would like to know what it is. Also, a rare Grocery Game "under" loss since I can't remember the last time it ever happened, and its remarkable since this is late in the $6.75-$7.00 era. Very weird not hearing the perfect bid clangers and just the regular dings in Pathfinder. Also note how Bob calls BBB the Bargain Game before the final item is revealed. And for Dice Game, ouch! Especially considering that the last two digits repeat. Note the rare variant of cue 200A (200B?) for IUFB #2.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline plinkowin2010

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 04:13:08 PM »
yes, I like the cue they used for IUFB #2. They should bring the cue back for IUFB appliances.