Author Topic: cu's Price is Right: Episode Six  (Read 42220 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: cu's Price is Right: Episode Six: SIGNUPS
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2013, 09:35:18 PM »
I'll bend over backwards and change mine.... :P

My game concept would be "Get Mike Wet". There would be a dunking booth and a contestant would play for a nice prize (Valued at between $5,000 and $11,000). The contestant would have 5 Small Prizes which they would have to order from Least Expensive to Most Expensive. They can earn up to 5 balls for getting all 5 correct (and a $1,000 Cash Bonus).

For instance, a Vacuum, a Mop, a Microwave, a Hair Dryer, and a Tool Kit.

The contestant places the Mop, then the Hair Dryer, then the Tool Kit, then the Vacuum, then the Microwave.

The Mop is $10, the Hair Dryer $30, the tool Kit $45, the Vacuum $100, and the Microwave $65. They got 4 correct, for 4 balls total.

They have 4 chances to hit the target on the dunk tank and make Executive Producer Mike Richards fall in. If they successfully do this, they win the prize. If they fail to do this, they lose the game but Mike Richards falls in anyways.

There. Happy? :P
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 10:17:54 PM »
^ Well, there goes my chance for a first four spot.  :-(

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!  :evil:

(Please don't take the above statements too seriously. Still, my game is pretty much null and void now. Ah well.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:20:07 PM by DarkShockBro »
Stop the madness.

Offline nbuckler14

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 10:20:59 PM »
I'm in!

I'm not very creative, but I'll try:

The game would be called, Feel It Up

The contestant would be blindfolded and be asked to feel grocery products to guess what they are, this would be complicated with boxed items, because they're mostly all the same shape, if you can get 4 out of 6 GP's correct, then you will win the prize. 
This is Nick Buckler speaking for The Price is Right, a MARK GOODSON TELEVISION PRODUCTION!!!!  (catches breath)  Stay tuned for The Old and the Reckless on most of these CBS stations!

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 12:44:12 AM »
Well, given that, how about this:

THE REAL FUR
The contestant is shown three fur coats/stoles and must choose the one which uses real fur (and hence is worth more) than the other two, somewhat like "Cullen's Olde Antique Shoppe" on the original Price. A correct pick wins all three*, but win or lose the real-fur one is hosed down with cherry Kool-Aid by PETA representatives while they yell "SAVE THE ANIMALS!", after which the coat/stole is burned in an effigy as the show goes to commercial.

* In the event of a win, the player receives the two fake coats/stoles (taken offstage when the PETA people come up so as to not ruin them) plus cash equaling the value of the real coat/stole.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:52:04 AM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Online thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 03:38:20 PM »
Alright...I've been neglecting this forum and I missed Righteous' show. I shall not let this one pass!

I'm in.

If I was tasked with creating a pricing game, I'd create "Ask Mike/Adam". In the game, Mike or Adam would come around on the turntable. The contestant would then be prompted to ask "Mike/Adam? Did I win?" If they answer yes, well, you win! But if they answer no, then you are immediately ejected from the stage by a spring loaded board. Don't worry, you won't be injured at all. There will be a 50 minute stopdown to give the lovely folks at Madame Tussauds™ time to create a wax replica of you to be hurled through the studio. Currently, I have projected the game at a 1-39 record.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline ShatterMySoul99

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2013, 03:41:11 PM »
Sign me up!   No guess or creative ideas (I am just too pooped after going back to work today).

Online goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 11:29:57 PM »
I've enjoyed your shows in the past, cu, so I'll sign up for this.

If I had to create a pricing game, it'd be Smurfs and Ponies.  Four prizes are shown and if they are something that will excite our own Seth, the contestant will plaster My Little Pony stickers all over it.  However, if it's something that will please Frank15, smurf stickers will be plastered on that prize.  If the contestant is correct, they win an endless supply of My Little Pony and Smurf paraphernalia, but if they are wrong, off to the sin bin they go to watch the antithesis to both franchises, The Chipmunks.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Online Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 10:04:03 AM »
Sign me up. :)

My pricing game: Best Pony Price. This is played for a car or boat. After it is shown, the contestant has to guess what a pony of thier choice would be willing to bid on it. After they do this, a voiceover is played where the chosen pony gives his/her bid. If the contestant's guess is within $2500, they win. If they pick Applejack and win, they get an additional $25,000 (her being best pony and all). If they pick Rarity and win, they also get a bunch of Jimmy Choo designer junk.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:07:54 AM by Hag »
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 11:20:44 AM »
You know I'm in for a cu show.

The game is STOP THE MUSIC, where you can win a prize just by singing along.  The Dollyrots, the TPIR house band, will play one of their rocking songs.  Without any lyric sheets, the contestant will attempt to awkwardly sing along with them.  If the audience reaches a certain level of loud boos, the contestant automatically loses.  If they get up to the point when the music stops, the contestant tries to run to a chair in front of the prize that they would like to win.  The prizes are spread across the stage.  At the same time, the entire audience attempts to run to the same chairs to prevent the contestant from winning.  Everything is legal when the goal is to get to each chair first, and physical violence is highly encouraged.  Once the all chairs have been filled by people, Drew will sort through the pile to determine if the contestant is a winner.

$42324 for the showcase amount.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: cu's Price is Right: Episode Six: IUFB1
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 12:10:12 PM »
*Walking '07*

HERE IT COMES!

From the Host Your Own forum at golden-road.net!

The Internet's most exciting thread of fantastic fake prizes, cu's fabulous Price is Right!

DarkShockBro, COME ON DOWN!

Flerbert419, COME ON DOWN!

Guint, COME ON DOWN!

And...goldroadfanatic! COME ON DOWN!

YOU are the first four contestants on cu's Price is Right!

*Main theme '07*

And now, here is the STAR of cu's Price is Right...

...c-u-20-10!

*I walk on stage; handoff by Leslie*

Thank you, guys, thank you so very much! Welcome to the show!

Always great to see crowds like this come out each and every time. We really do have some of the best crowds in Internetbusiness...though some may disagree with me. I know Mr. Announcer over here does. Good luck to all four of you, and to those at home. Here is the first item up for bids today!

It’s a lovely inflatable kayak!

*Amen, Brother Herbert**Megan models*

The Sea Eagle PaddleSki inflatable kayak! It’s unique catamaran kayak design is perfect for those looking to have all kinds of fun in the water, whether it be paddling, motoring, rowing, sailing, fishing, or just being an all around jerk to your friends by shooting a dart at it, causing it to deflate in the middle of the lake.

...Mr. Announcer, you are a cruel, cruel person, you know that? Remind me never to go boating with you.

Anyways, that lovely kayak goes to the one of you who bids nearest to the actual retail price without going over, and goldie, today we start with you!

(BIDDING ORDER)
goldroadfanatic
Guint
Flerbert419
DarkShockBro
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Online goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 01:09:48 PM »
Hey, cu, I'll bid $1593.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 03:43:33 PM »
$1593.

*ding!*

Guinty?

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 10:30:39 PM »
Can't be too expensive, I mean, this show IS on a really tight budget....

$1,099.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 10:47:43 PM »

*ding!*

Flerbie?

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2013, 11:48:30 PM »
$699.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024