Author Topic: Identity  (Read 7668 times)

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
Re: Identity
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 08:21:24 PM »
Another little connection between Price and Identity on tonight's show.

Maurice Greene, the World's Fastest Man, is the boyfriend of Claudia Jordan!
John

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 08:26:09 PM »
You beat me to it, John.  Yeah, I remember Claudia mentioning that she's dating Maurice Greene some time ago when she last posted on the previous G-R forum.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 08:55:14 PM »
Rename the show: The 6 degrees of TPIR!(instead of 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, that's where I bootlegged the idea from :D)

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 09:02:10 PM »
Am I correct (in understanding all the rules) that if she had left the "World's Fastest Man" for last, since she definately knew his Identity, that she could have eliminated the ones she wasn't sure of with the mistaken identity card earlier in the game and theoretically won $500,000?
John

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 09:24:42 PM »
I think that is sound thinking John.  It seems that on this show, there are really only 3 or 4 identitites that are in doubt, perhaps even less, like tonight where the CSI Investigator and Kidney Donor were certainly a coin flip.  If a good contestant thought ahead, it seems the mistaken identity could be used strategically to knock the tricky toss-up identity off.  But I doubt we will find many contestants who think this far in advance.

Someone needs to go back to yesterday's 500K win and remind me:  Wasn't the Mistaken Identity removed from play before it got down to the final 2?  I might be wrong, but I thought it was.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 09:55:45 PM »
First night I've gotten to see this......interesting concept.

Yeah, I would have had to quit, too. It just seems like there's no possible way a contestant could figure out that last one.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 11:00:47 PM »
Two shows to comment on, since I had to watch last night's show earlier today. Wednesday's show wasn't all that exciting, but I did pretty well playing the game. It was nice to see Phire as one of the strangers, although I knew she was going to be on there, thanks to reading it here (sigh). Tonight's show was pretty good, though. Thought we'd see utopia for the second time this week, but it didn't happen. There were a lot of :-D to give out tonight. Several of the strangers, and even tonight's contestant deserves one.

thewhammy_2000 wrote:
It just disappoints me when I miss game shows where something interesting occurs and when there is a possibility I may never get a copy of them or never see it in rerun form. Once again, I screwed up, not my DVR.

Perhaps you need to read further up this thread?

dm wrote:
Didn't Phire look hott in that bikini, though?  :-D

Definitely. :-D

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2006, 01:12:19 PM »
I like this show a lot.

Last night's episode wasn't too good.  Both contestants were simply awful. (but at least Seth is from my hometown. :-D )

On Monday night, guessing the sumo wrestler was kinda' like trying to make a putt from the closest line to the hole in Hole in One, or guessing the product in the first bag in It's In the Bag.  :-D

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2006, 02:40:22 PM »
Last night's show easily had the two toughest games of the week, so I'm not surprised the contestants didn't do so well. Now that the week's up, though, I can officially say that I love this show, and I hope it becomes a once-a-week series. Let it follow Deal at 9PM on Mondays. Hopefully we'll see that starting in February for sweeps.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2006, 04:34:44 PM »
Well, despite missing Tuesday's episode, I really caught on with this show this week. I really was on the search for the Barker's Beauty because I thought it might be one from a few years back, maybe even my favorties: Janice, Holly and Kathleen. When it got to finding said beauty, I could only identify one from the rest. "She looks a lot like Phire." As soon as her name was said, I knew I had it in the bag. I can't believe I immediately identified The Beaver quickly than Phire.

I've heard and read some negative comments about Penn's hosting. It's not bad to me, but the way he asks the questions does make sound like this game is a turtle. Don't you love the suspense of finding out if you're right or wrong like some of these other games of this century? I'll wouldn't mind adjusting to it when the game picks up. I'm sure it can do okay with just once a week. I just hope it doesn't counterair during another show I may watch.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 11:07:40 PM »
http://www.nbcumv.com/release_detail.nbc/entertainment-20070117000000-nbcidentifiesdecem.html

Our wishes are fulfilled! Not going to happen in time for February sweeps, but Identity is coming back in March, this time as a series. So happy to hear this. :-)