Front Office > The Front Office

Happy 10th Anniversary, Golden-Road! (forums)

<< < (2/6) > >>

wpghi5:
Happy 10th Anniversary Golden-Road!  :biggrin:

DarkShockBro:
10 years, eh?

That's really awesome. I've always loved this site, and I'm so glad it became and stayed popular over this 10 year span.  :-)

Now, regarding posting, I believe that the best thing to do to ensure quality threads and posts is focus. There's a lot of great threads on this site, and these threads have helped me know what's going on in real life, as well as allow me to unwind after a hard day of school.

However, there's still going to be some bad posts; it's inevitable. However, I hope that for the future, we can avoid commenting on them unnecessarily harshly and/or in public. After all, the person posting might not even see the flaws with it, so I believe pointing them out in a respectful but firm way will allow for more meaningful discussions and posts.

Also, I can't stress enough the importance of site functions like reporting and PMing. I believe that they give people a simple way to report certain posts without detracting from the discussions in the thread. As a result, the threads should be more focused, and the discussions more meaningful.

I point all of this out because, and I really can't stress this enough, I love this site.

It truly deserves the title of the best Price is Right site, and it helps keep me up to date on many things, not just the Price is Right.

Happy 10th anniversary, Golden-Road. May the next 10 years be filled with quality, focus, respect, and fruitful discussions.  :-)

GuyWithFace:
A most happy 10th Anniversary. My, how time has flown... :-)

Some of my favorite site memories (for one reason or another) include the "Welcome Troll!" incident, the half-hour MDS by "ilovesuperball", and Rich DiPirro thanking "my fellow fans" (and really, every post he made could qualify, especially this one).

Other notable memories (likely to not be good ones for some, but notable all the same) include the reaction threads to the Drew Carey "Pop My Culture" interview, Mike Richards addressing the "variety show" concerns (rather badly, it seems), and Game Show Garbage inducting the site (and since it does not appear to be linked anywhere on that site, here is what Seidelman wrote in response to Seth).

--- Quote from: DarkShockBro on April 20, 2013, 10:40:46 PM ---I point all of this out because, and I really can't stress this enough, I love this site.
--- End quote ---
And the fact you love the site is why you made this topic.

thepriceis_J:
I think this should say it all...*

I found out about the existence of this site some eight years ago. I wasn't too interested at joining at the time, so I didn't. I wish I had. This site is a special site. Through Marc's incredibly hard work, this site was granted access into its subject matter that other genre/fan boards could only dream of getting. Those beginning years before Roger left looked absolutely magical.

Just as the show hit a rough patch as they transitioned to a new EP for the first time in 20+ years, so did this site. And as the show has begun to descend to some type of normalcy (be it different from the normalcy of years past), so has this site. FPG returned, GRECO made a brief appearance, the Live Show was brought back. The wounds are starting to heal. The balance is starting to return. I look forward to what this site and the show has to offer as they both continue to level off.

I can't really pinpoint a favorite moment of mine. I will say that plenty of them have happened in Chat, an absolutely delightful resource. Most notably there was the reaction to Triple Play being last and watching John do a bit of winning on Wheel of Fortune.

Thank you Marc for fostering this site into what it is today. Thank you for having the drive to honor something that you loved and sharing it with the rest of the world.

*The Wayback Machine is an amazingly awesome tool.

DarkShockBro:

--- Quote from: GuyWithFace on April 21, 2013, 04:44:13 AM ---And the fact you love the site is why you made this topic.

--- End quote ---
I apologize for asking this, but was that sarcasm? I made that rant because I was concerned the direction the site was going, and wanted to improve it.

By the way, I'm still very thankful that prizes took the time to turn my rant into a meaningful discussion with his post, and I think that it has made the site better. There's still room for improvement, definitely, but I'm still very thankful at what prizes did to help me with the goal of my rant.  :-)

I love this site, and nothing is going to change that. If I can help improve it in any way, I'll be certain to put my all in doing so.  :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version