Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/25/2007  (Read 11675 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/25/2007
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 09:44:03 PM »
PG #1:  MYM again?!  My Lord, Roger has no mercy on us Amazing Racers this week, does he?

PG #2:  That's probably an historic right.  I don't ever recall four $50s in a row.  But I'm glad Rachna didn't make Punchy history.  $1,000 is a great way to break that streak of $50s.

One-Bid #3:  LOL!  Bob talks to Stella during the last commercial and she actually gets called down!  That's a candidate for "Best Season 35 Moment".

PG #3:  L7 third!  That's a nice surprise.  Also a nice surprise is the fact that this game has produced a lot of winners these past few weeks.

SCSD #1:  AGAIN?!  Man, that wheel has been hot this week!  Is that four days in a row with at least one $1,000 winner?

Before One-Bid #4:  Yay!  Marty on camera!  :-D

One-Bid #4:  $1,899 for that thing?!  Almost as big a travesty as that gentlemen's valet from Race Game.

PG #4:  Shopping Spree again?!  This is ridiculous!  It's nice that they played Starcrossed in this game for once.  That was almost a forced loss.  I don't think any casual player was gonna pick the accordion, even if that freezer did look obviously cheap.

PG #5:  Pass teh Suck again?!  Do I even dare play FPG this week?  Big risk by Tara, but a nice payoff.

PG #6:  Range Game again?!  

I don't ever recall a Range contestant never looking at the range finder either, so that was probably historic right #2.

Showcases:  Sally?  Clocks?  Who's been talking to the writers?  :-P  WHAT?!  A Corvette after a Chrysler 300?!

My showcase bids:
Chrysler--$31,016
Corvette--$61,261

Result:  Holy cow!  Another Corvette is won!  And the budget gets busted once again.  Get ready for more Fireball Specials, ya'll!  :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 09:56:12 PM »
Make Your Move: Okay. I wanted to go low on the snow cone maker; so 28 would work. Then I thought the snowmobile would work for 9828 or 8969, both using the 28. It just got hard for me on this one. I also didn't think Charles was going to win this one. If he did, he would so lucky.

Recently, I've been listening to a song called "Come on Down, Boogie People." During the calldowns, I was singing the chorus of the song as the contestants came on down. Good Song.

Punch-A-Bunch: What's wrong with me? I guess I not eating well to comprehend thsese prizes. I got three of them wrong. I wanted to see $50 for the 'History'. I want to see $10,000 for the 'win'. I felt a little crushed when it was neither because neither happened.

Okay. Because of Stella, it had me thinking that she might be one of those very engergetic people with a huge character that some of these game shows of today look for. I'll bet she presented herself at the Promenade and some of the contestant coordinators spotted her, thinking she would be a great contestant. When I heard other people, I had a feeling she would be called down next. I don't know if it was luck, coincidence, or some kind of act. Whatever it was, I still don't think I would be called for any game show, even though I want to so bad.

Lucky $even: When I saw the car roll in, I thought it was a station wagon. It looked so long I said, "What the h--- is that?!?" Boy that 7 was lucky today! Well played!

Shopping Spree: Okay. When it got between the accordian and the freezer, I picked the freezer. But then I thought, "Who would buy a freezer like that for $1,212?" I guess that's some accordian for a price like that. If I had one, I would try to play some game show music with that.

One Bid 5: During the bidding, the TBC tape box was beneath my TV, staring right in front of me. After Tara came up, the box was like a sign that someone's going to the FFBC. Interestingly Weird.

Pass the Buck: I would not pay $8.95 for some lotion unless it's a really good brand and it moisturizes my hands for a whole day! Also, if I pay $5.29 for some bleach like that Clorox, it better get rid of all of the stains on my whites (yeah, those too)! I know I would lose because I said 4 for the last pick.

One Bid 6: Even though Jason had the last bid advantage, I wanted Kathryn to win for personal reasons.....
As soon as I saw that Dreaded Tennis Machine, I let out a couple of "Oh, s---!"s and ducked underneath a few times. I guess Kathryn avoided the balls, while Jason, ahem...

Range Game: Oooh, I thought Kathryn stopped it a little early (and I didn't know she didn't even looked at the 37-hour RangeFinder). Oooh, I think she's not going to win this one because it better be around the G or A area. Risky, Risky...

Showcases: That's it! I want an ice cream cake for my birthday (which is a month from now (and there better not be any skunkos like the last few times))! I'll bet they're delicious, too. I thought both Alisa and Kathryn overbidded (we don't want that again this week). Thinking that Alisa overbidded, I wanted Kathryn to bid around 50000 just to be safe. But she had enough vigor to bid 62000, just enough to win that nice Corvette.

Well, this was a very good show. I was about to just rate the show Excellent only for excellent shows, such as Perfect Shows. But this was a really good one. The contestants were decent. The games were good despite breaking even. And I should say Kathryn is my Contestant of the day, even though I don't usually do that.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 10:05:38 PM »
You all know I shy away from using this term...but honest to God, I think there were two forced losses in this episode.  "65" was just calling out to that snow cone maker in Make Your Move, and nobody in his right mind was going to win Shopping Spree.

(...then again, based on Frank's post, maybe I'm not looking at Make Your Move the way I should be.  I stand by our mutual assessment of Shopping Spree, though.)

Punch a Bunch wasn't won, but it certainly felt like a win when that $1,000 was revealed after three $50s.

I'm not really sure why Bob made a point of bringing up Stella after they came back from the second commercial, but it certainly ended up being worth it!

Alisa's reaction after winning Lucky $even was priceless.

I can't really say that Kathryn deserved to win Range Game.  She never once looked at the rangefinder, and she ended up hitting the button while it was still covering part of the area that's always wrong.

On the other hand, though, it was hard not to root for Kathryn in the Showcase.  Despite her ridiculous playing of Range Game, she really did seem like a nice person...and she just went crazy when that Corvette showed up.

(And speaking of that Corvette...maybe it's a good thing 3 Strikes wasn't won on Tuesday!)

And of course, you can't forget the other cool part of the Showcase -- Clock Game!

BobboChung wrote:

Range Game: I thought for sure Kathryn had lost this. What do I know.

Don't tempt me.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Online whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 10:55:48 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6642

heels' hotties
Their first initials spell "rats", "arts", or "star".  If I arrange all the letters in their names, I'll get "Sarah can sit at a plane, I hear."

Popcorn Machine
On January 5, I wrote:  I wonder if the $2,070 cart has exceeded $2,100 yet.

And I was right, the formerly $2,070 cart went up $94, and by January 25, 2011, that stainless popcorn machine will be above $2,250.

Shane Stirling Semi-Memorial Super Expensive Showcase Round
Shane had the lead entering the showcases with $40,923, and the lead never changed hands in this round.

Snoopy Sally
Stone Cold Steve Austin - $840
diamondsforless.net Diamond Solitaire Ring - $3,100
2007 Chrysler 300 Touring - $29,005

Familiar Clock Crews
32" Runco TV - $3,995
Trip to London - $5,650
2007 Corvette Coup d'etat, the Prize where Shane reached $19,000,000! - $54,735

Modeling Report Card for January 25, 2007
Score to beat:  $97,374

Payback: This time, it's for real! That's a great $99,653 comeback by Shane Stirling! She's knocked Phire Dawson ($93,946, September 20) off the top ten modeling totals of Season 35.  Brandi also ended up $3 shy of $36,000.

Phire was born on Saturday, January 22, 1977, and this makes her 30 as of this past Monday.

The Top Ten Modeling Totals of Season 35 as of January 25, 2007
1. Rachel Reynolds ($148,669, September 18)
2. Gabrielle Tuite ($144,849, September 18)
3. Lanisha Cole   ($125,859, December 22)
4. Gabrielle Tuite ($120,931, November 22)
5. Shane Stirling ($114,175, September 28)
[color=9933FF]6. Shane Stirling ($99,653, January 25)[/color]
7. Gwennie Osborne ($97,976, October 9)
8. Brandi Sherwood ($97,374, January 23)
9. Lanisha Cole   ($97,158, December 19)
10. Brandi Sherwood ($94,139, December 6)

Shane's next millions
I predict that by March 19, she could reach $20,000,000, and by May 7, she could reach $21,000,000.

Next Shane Stirling milestone:  Prize #3,500, only 53 prizes remain!

Just calm down, take a deep breath, and think of the two grocery supplies and 27 worth $178,802.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 10:16:12 AM »
WOW!!! Great bid on the 'Vette! Better than Jeanette's.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 04:49:03 PM »
Good show, despite some shockers and hard playings. I don't think any normal contestant would have won Make Your Move today. I found it extremely difficult. I put everything in the same spots that Charles did. I never would have thought that snowmobile would ever be $6598.

Poor Rachna, I know I wouldn't want to make history knowing I was the first contestant to turn down 3 $50 slips and end up winning $50. Nice to see her win $1000.

Alisa was great, and that was a really sweet win on Lucky Seven. Good end. I said 9 for the last number.

Shopping Spree was a forced loss. I mean I knew the freezer wouldn't be enough but I picked it because who would have thought an accordion would be more expensive? Too bad Stella didn't win, she was good. And funny how she was picked after complimenting Bob.

I too passed the buck to the Clorox. $8.95 just looked right for the lotion. But I give Tara applause for risking $3000 and winning the car. I picked 6.

I don't know how I knew the price of the hot tub was $9495 after seeing the prices on the scale, and before the reveal. That was a total guess on my part. As for Kathryn, I'm glad her friends helped her win, because she totally ignored the range finder, which was kind of ruid. Where she stopped it though looked wrong.

Close calls on the wheel in the second showcase showdown.

A really nice car is offered in the first showcase, and an even better one in the second, what a nice surprise! What sucks though is, that if Alisa had stuck to her first bid, she would have won. A nice end to the showcase anyway.

Best Contestants- Alisa and Stella

Showcase #1- $30,500
Difference- $2445

Showcase #2- $70,000
Difference- OVER