Author Topic: Grocery Games This Past Week  (Read 3164 times)

• In Contestant's Row
Grocery Games This Past Week
« on: January 26, 2007, 01:53:23 PM »
Or lack of them....

Why is it recently they have been playing small prize games but NOW they haven't been playing grocery games?  It happened at least twice this week and has been happening once in a while.  I checked FAQs before I posted this and the topic wasn't really addressed except I got the impression they are having similar problems getting grocery items as they are with the small prizes.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Grocery Games This Past Week
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 02:03:45 PM »
My guess--and I may be wrong--would be that the GP-less shows exist because of time constraints, combined with helping the SP games get more play, since the SP games had become extremely strained this season.  Heck, when Half Off and Punch a Bunch take a notable hit in play, you know they're strained

Offline Train

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 03:23:05 PM »
It's worth mentioning that they didn't have a grocery pricing game on today's airing, either.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 09:36:07 PM »
Grocery item games are now being excluded if they can't be fit in easily, just like small prize games.  This should have been added to the FAQ earlier this week, and it will be in the next few minutes.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 09:56:22 PM »
Do we know why this is?  Is it due to the lack of sponsorship, like the SP games?

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 08:04:10 PM »
Going through the FAQs and reading other topics, I kind of got that impression.  I don't doubt Frank15 has a valid point too when he says they are looking for places to cut so they can have plenty of commercials.

Offline Train

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 05:41:08 PM »
We had another one today.  I'm beginning to think that they'll do this on a permanent basis and show with both a grocery game and small product game will come few and far between.

Offline Train

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 06:01:48 PM »
Looks like we finally has a "normal" taping with both a grocery AND small product game.