Author Topic: Sorry - - One More Ticket Question Thread...  (Read 2513 times)

Offline LoligerBS

• In the Audience
Sorry - - One More Ticket Question Thread...
« on: February 01, 2007, 12:32:31 AM »
Hey All,

I looked through the famous golden road FAQ, but thats mostly about once you get to the show.  Here is my question.

We're planning on going to a monday show, and camping out all night to make sure we get in.

According to the CBS website:

Tickets are sent out approximately 2-4 weeks prior to the tapings. If you are requesting tickets for a Monday, please specify the 1:15PM or 4:30PM taping. All Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday tapings are at 2:30PM.

So lets say we send out for tickets to the 1:15 show, but don't get in.  Is there any way to get to the 4:15 show?

Can I request tickets for both the 1:15 and the 4:30 tapings just in case?

We live all the way in Buffalo NY, so its gonna be a long Haul all the way out to Televsion City, so our group just wants to make sure we've got the bases covered.

Hope somebody can shed some light on this!

Thanks as always....

Offline westcanpirfan

• In the Audience
Re: Sorry - - One More Ticket Question Thread...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 01:32:11 AM »
Hey, I'll give it a try - the response - since I just attended 2 tapings in Early Jan (tried for a third, but didn't get in).  I'll try to put the responses in point form.

1) No you can't get into both shows; you will line up with everyone overnite that has tkts for the 115 taping and 430; once 6am comes, you will be given an order of arrival pass; so if you are in line at 12 midnite, and you count out where you are (say you are number 60), that will be basically the number of the order of arrival; they pass those numbers out at 6am - and as long as (sore point), some people don't let 20 of their friends show up part way thru the nite - then you would get an order of arrival pass based on where you are in line.

Point being, if you are willing to wait all nite, then you should get a pass representing your spot basically in line; it p*****d off a few ppl when a group of 2 in line turns into 30 people - pushing everyone to the back that many ppl; hope that part makes sense.

2) when you get the order of arrival pass, you will be told to come back at roughly 7am; they will (as I recall) split ppl on the Mondays into the 115p and 430p taping groups; they will ask for tkts......part of this is sketchy from memory, as I had tkts for the 115p; since you will be in the studio at 115p taping when they are processing the 430 audience, you can't do both shows; some ppl did show up with tkts for both, and were told to choose one. - I don't know if this answers your question.

3) Also, re groups: legitimate groups of (I believe) 25 or more can book in advance and are basically guaranteed a seat; however, you must show up at your set time as arranged; on one day, a bunch of groups either a) did not have the 25 or whatever minimum - and were pushed to the back of the line - missed the show as a result; b) they did not show up on time - and again were bumped out. IF you are a legit group -e.g. the minimum number of you will show up, then call the number as listed on cbs.com.

Hope all this helps - as I ramble late at nite here.

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 01:41:32 AM »

LoligerBS wrote:
Can I request tickets for both the 1:15 and the 4:30 tapings just in case?

Based on westcanpirfan's response above, I'd guess that you can ask for tickets to both tapings... as we all know, tickets are given out in excess of studio capacity... but as westcanpirfan points out, you won't be able to actually attend both of them.
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 03:33:38 AM »
Hey LoligerBS,

I phoned the CBS ticket office several months ago to ask that very question and they said it is possible to get tickets for both shows on Monday but you can only attend one of them. Perhaps once they issue priority numbers, just tell them you want to go to whichever show you'd get a better seat for.

As for being able to attend the 4:30 show when you ONLY have tickets for the 1:15 show, the only way you could possibly do that is by getting a non-ticket slip but since they don't honour non-ticket slip holders until after they've admitted all the people with tickets, your chances of getting into the show without a ticket are still next to impossible. So just request tickets for both shows when you write to them in order to be safe.

I actually went to the 1:15 show on January 29 and there seemed to be less people in line for the 4:30 show. I'm not saying that the 1:15 show is always the more popular one because I don't know that for sure, I'm just saying that's how it was when I went there.

Offline LoligerBS

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 03:33:35 PM »
Okay, I think this makes sense...

I will send away for tickets to the Monday 1:15 taping, and get there and wait.

I guess thats our best bet for getting in.

Just a SASE to the famous address, and specify for the 1:15 show.  Then they'll send em a few weeks before the show?

Thanks again!

I will probably have another question in a few weeks, and dig this thread up again, lol

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 04:08:45 PM »
LoligerBS wrote:

I will probably have another question in a few weeks, and dig this thread up again, lol

If you do, just make sure you do it within 30 days... they don't like it around here if you post to an old thread... you get a warmer reaction from Barker if you try to start the Range Finder less than 37 hours after it was stopped...
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline LoligerBS

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 11:54:06 PM »
One more thing....

So it won't be a problem if I send two separate requests, one for 4 tickets to the 1:15, and one for 4 tickets to the 4:15?

This way, if we get shut out of the 1:15, hopefully we would be able to make it into the 4:15, right?

Im not saying i want to attend both tapings the same day, I just want to get into one - - because it would be pretty lame if we could not...

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 12:21:00 AM »
And, worse, they said on Tuesday that, for this Monday's two shows, they had one thousand people in line by 6 AM.

That's right - a thousand.

Get tix for both if you wish, but you'll only see one show, and that might/almost certainly will require a night homeless on Fairfax.

Offline LoligerBS

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 11:11:22 AM »
Damn - - Thats a lot of people...

Whats the capacity of the studio again?

And a night of homelessness is not a problem for us...

Any suggestions on what time to arrive - - 8 PM the night before?  Earlier?

This whole trip is starting to scare me!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 01:47:36 PM »
Capacity is 325, give or take a few.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 06:07:23 PM »
All I can say is that 8:30 PM got us #'s 30 and 31.

It's probably going to get worse too.

And one more thing I didn't mention:  There was one lady going up the line to bribe somebody to cut in the line.  We were her first attempt we noticed, but she finally got in on attempt #3 (we and one other group turned her down).