Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/13/2007  (Read 28043 times)

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/13/2007
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 08:08:55 PM »
Always nice to see Bonus Game first.  I kind of wish that, unless it had been the only car game of the first half, that it hadn't been played for a car.  I can't say I recall Bonus Game getting played first, ever since it started getting played first a bit, for something other than a car.

As Steve will probably say, there's nothing like a Lucky $even win.

If somebody would care to provide me with the start of the third segment up to Balance Game, I would very much appreciate that, as CH decided not to return until the third One Bid was pretty much over.

Speaking of Balance Game, there was no way it should have been lost as it was.  If Torrin had said $4,294, I wouldn't have had a problem with it, but that TV and cabinet looked way more than $3,294.

Temptation was awesome.  I was surprised that the second digit was 2.  I would have picked 0 myself, but obviously, that wouldn't have been the right choice.

Bart, if you happen to be reading this, Temptation's price reveal would look so much better if you didn't cut to a close-up shot on the board after the digit was revealed.  It would look much better if you cut to a close-up on the board before the digit was revealed.

Bart will show Side by Side before the prize is revealed but not Range Game.:-P

The airplane-on-a-stick at the end of the first Showcase was hilarious.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 08:48:27 PM »
Bonus Game: Interesting to this played 1st.  A clean sweep after November 29th blowout.

Lucky 7: I thought Erika was going to lose with only 2 dollars left.

Balance Game: There is no reason why that TV/Armoire was $3294.

Temptation: EVIL!  I can't believe Jennifer won.  Definitely Dobstopper of the century.

Showcase: Garf on the trailer.  I said 21K.  Luckily for Torrin, Naomi overbid the Denmark.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 08:53:27 PM »
Not the greatest camera work today in Bonus, but nice win. I would have gotten 3/4, myself, missing the iron. That would have stunk.  :-x

Wow. I was only $10 off the price of the car. (Said 8 instead of 7). I guess my car pricing skills are getting better.*

I went for the $4,000 price in Balance, myself.

Easy win in PAP, but nothing wrong with that!

*I thought 0 was the second number in Temptation today, so I guess I lost my skills.  :-P

All righty. What game are we gonna play nex- Ooh. It's Side by Side already. I "won" it, making my score for the day 3/6.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 09:44:13 PM »
Jennifer was just wonderful, and a bit less hyper than Erika, but just really sweet.  Though Jennifer's proposal to Bob ain't exactly going to get Bob to root for her to win.  I mean, if she wins the car, then she will be his friend.  But if she loses, then she'll take Bob to Vegas.  Might be hard to get Bob to root for ya', Jennifer
Incidentally, that one was damn hard price!  Very rarely has Roger made the second number a crapshot--which pretty much every single digit, except possibly the fourth, kinda' was.  And the wrong fourth digit was nine!  I don't know how Jennifer managed to beat Roger at him game today, but it just made it better to see her do it!

Erika was great too!  She wasn't necessarily the greatest Lucky $even player, just saying "five" for the last three numbers, but it didn't really matter today.  Loved her whole energy, and bouncing around, and such.

Anyone else thought Ashley kinda' looked like she could be Leah Remini's daughter?  And that's a good thing
Lola's Lemons may just be the greatest showcase of the season!  I mean, not prize wise, but the whole thing just got more and more ridiculous as it went on
On one hand, I gotta' love whenever Bonus Game shows up, and even though it's not as rare anymore, it's still best in the first slot.  On the other hand, it's still kinda' a letdown when it's won perfectly.  I'm not saying I want the game lost, but it is more exciting when the contestant makes a mistake, and still might lose at the end of the game.

tpirfan28 wrote:  Side by Side? Sixth? After all of this? :insert dancing DOB clipboard here:

That shouldn't be surprising.  Side by Side has been mostly played sixth the past few years.

BobboChung wrote:  I didn't watch today's show, because of all the fun I saw yesterday, and I thought it would be too hard to top a show with 3 Strikes. Well, I was dead wrong.

I'm not getting your logic.  Why would you just assume today's show wouldn't be worth watching just because you really liked yesterday's?

heelsrule1988 wrote:  Ashley!

Agreed, for once
goldroadfanatic wrote:  Another rarity with Temptation-all four prize podiums were used today!

That was cool!  Anyone know when the last time that happened was?  I was kinda' wondering if maybe they lost one or something, since they never seem to use all four.

Nick wrote:  I can't say I recall Bonus Game getting played first, ever since it started getting played first a bit, for something other than a car.

It was, sometime last season.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 10:22:07 PM »
Bonus Game: The way Bob said of what the bonus could me made me predict it would be a car. That iron was a teensy-bit tricky. I guess that's why BONUS was there. As soon as I saw $50 for the telephone, I knew we would have a win here.

Lucky $even: Now I like to not make the win official until the dollar is given to Bob for the car. That extra dollar can be used for candy at the gas station.

Balance Game: Machine Gun.

Pick-A-Pair: I think this has happened before where a win can be commenced with the FR sauce and the rice--Because I once thought what it would be like to mix those two together.

The Temptation of Price: I thought Jennifer made a mistake with that second 2. Since that second 2 was right, I had a inkling she was going to win. During all of those gifts, something told me to take the gifts for some reason I cannot fathom.

One Bid 6: Funny (not really). Terrence makes stupid bids, yet Teresa has to go to the House because of him. Pity again.

Side by Side: Because of 90, it just seems obvious.

Sorry. Like Friday, I couldn't enjoy the rest of the show. En route to watch the show, "Machine Gun" was on my mind. All I could think when that term came up was my prediction that somebody was going to blow a Perfect Show. My prediction was right due to Balance Game. I don't blame Torrin for losing. Heck, I also thought it would be 3294. When the horns sounded, my second guess would have been 4294, which would have been wrong also. I blame myself and Torrin for unbalancing our chances at another Perfect Show. I agree with heels for reminding me about the end of the Showcase, which was another reason. Sorry.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 11:04:35 PM »
thewhammy_2000 wrote:  Terrence makes stupid bids, yet Teresa has to go to the House because of him. Pity again.

No... Teresa not escaping contestants' row had nothing to do with Terrence.  His $1ing her doesn't exactly prevent her from escaping when her bid wasn't good enough to win in the first place.

thewhammy_2000 also wrote, for no apparent reason:  I blame myself and Torrin for unbalancing our chances at another Perfect Show.

No, again, you still have nothing to do with Balance Game being lost.  Would you please explain in what way you have the power to influence contestants' choices that were made weeks in advance of your watching the show?

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 11:36:57 PM »
BobboChung wrote:
I am such a dufus. I didn't watch today's show, because of all the fun I saw yesterday, and I thought it would be too hard to top a show with 3 Strikes. Well, I was dead wrong.

BLASPHEMY! As much as I am tempted to hit "delete" at this point, seeing as you caught me I'll let it slide...this time. No donut for you today, though.

Now, go to your room and write "I will watch Price every day before I post" 100,000 times in your best penmanship.

Nick wrote (to Bart):
Temptation's price reveal would look so much better if you didn't cut to a close-up shot on the board after the digit was revealed. It would look much better if you cut to a close-up on the board before the digit was revealed.

Better yet, bag the close-up of the board in favor of the contestant/Barker/board shot. Reactions are best captured the moment they happen. It's more dramatic when you can see a contestant's reaction the moment the number lights up, and I for one like to see that.

Same thing applies to car reveals. I really hate it when they linger on the car as the camera trucks in. One Rich says "A NEW CAR!" make the switch, and leave the camera in place. It's how they used to do things.

Offline rcbought

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 01:59:18 AM »
jhc I have bonus game timed at 3:42.

The thing about bonus game is that someone jumped the gun on lighting up the bonus. I assume Bart does not control the lighting up of bonus game, so I don't think he should get all the blame for the way that ended.

Lucky Seven was great today.  The only wierd thing about it was that the antenna was really vibrating when it was rolling out and it seemed like it took a while for the car to appear on stage.  I wonder what it hit?

Balance game was set up very easy today.  too bad it ruined the perfect show.

How do you clean out a Hi Lo Lemon Squeezer?  With Lemon Pine Sol?

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 12:10:55 PM »
rcbought wrote:
The thing about bonus game is that someone jumped the gun on lighting up the bonus. I assume Bart does not control the lighting up of bonus game, so I don't think he should get all the blame for the way that ended.

Yeah, that didn't look like Bart's fault. While I wasn't there, from watching the episode on TV, it looked like the person in charge of lighting up the board misunderstood Bob -- it sounded like when Bob said "You've got it!" in response to Samuel explaining the situation correctly, the board operator interpreted it to mean that Bob had just revealed the price of the telephone off-camera and had confirmed that Samuel wont the car. And once the telephone's price was revealed as correct, then the windows should be lit up instantly, so that's what happened. The game board operator only has the studio monitor to refer to, so that's why they didn't know that Bob hadn't yet revealed the price. Again, I wasn't there, so I'm not positive, but that's my hypothesis.

That cheesy-looking airplane on a stick really tickled me.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline uncleplinko

• 9/22/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • Travis Schario dot Net
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 01:57:36 PM »
OK guys.  As for Tempty's price being harder than normal...

I picked that price.

...and this is my 100th post!
New, updated site for the OU Game Show Club:  http://www.ougsas.org/

My Lewis Black Moment:  If it hadn't had been for "The Price is Right," I would have never graduated college!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 09:37:28 PM »
As much as I love Bonus Game, I have to say that the end of this playing was just a tad haywire.  It looked like everyone somehow lost track of what everyone else was doing.

Lucky $even wins are always exciting, even if the contestant doesn't play the game particularly well.

Balance Game just cannot seem to get a winner this season.  It's only been won once, and that was way back on September 25.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how Temptation was won on this episode.  I mean, has the game ever been set up more perfectly for a loss?  Every single digit was a random guess!  Major kudos to Jennifer (who was a wonderful contestant to begin with) for stopping the Dob.

wpghi5 wrote:

Showcases: I definitely smelled the DOB after hearing the cheap price of that second showcase.

Then your nose needs examined.  There wasn't a double overbid on this episode.

wpghi5 wrote:

Showcases: An uber-cheap bedroom showcase has DOB written all over it. I liked the airplane in the 1st showcase.

...uh...do you two even know what "DOB" means?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2007, 02:40:49 AM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:

...uh...do you two even know what "DOB" means?

Umm...Dobkowitz?  :-)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline uncleplinko

• 9/22/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • Travis Schario dot Net
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2007, 05:20:46 PM »
When Dob is written in all caps, shouldn't that signify Double Overbid?

Just playing Devil's Advocate here.
New, updated site for the OU Game Show Club:  http://www.ougsas.org/

My Lewis Black Moment:  If it hadn't had been for "The Price is Right," I would have never graduated college!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2007, 07:13:56 PM »
Actually, Travis, I think Army was kidding.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2007, 06:21:37 PM »
Hooray, Bonus Game for a car! I too like it in the first position in the lineup. This setup was pretty easy though, it was a pretty good chance of winning. Samuel was a good contestant, and I enjoyed Bob making it a little suspenseful. Did anyone else notice the two stopped he stopped before revealing the fourth small prize, it looked like he was trying to flip the name of the price up instead of flipping the price down?

Erika was great. My guess for the car was $19,635. That was a good playing, the 5-5-5 strategy worked.

If Torrin had chosen $4294 (like I did) or $5294, I could forgive him. But $3294 was too cheap for that prize.

Pick-a-Pair was pretty easy. The rice was the only other reasonable choice for matching the pasta sauce. I picked the same as Naomi.

Temptation was just awesome! Jennifer was great altogether, and I loved how she'd be Bob's friend if she won, but if she lost, she'd do something even better and take him to Vegas. That was the most difficult playing I have seen yet, and Jennifer won it! I said $20,695. This was quite the shocker.

Side by Side was easy too. I think spas always end in 5 or 0.

Best Contestant- Jennifer

Showcase #1- $26,995
Difference- $4107

Showcase #2- $15,000
Difference- OVER

Nick wrote:

Bart will show Side by Side before the prize is revealed but not Range Game.:-P

LOL.