Author Topic: Wink Martindale's Awesome Non-Price Clips and Episodes: The Ongoing Thread  (Read 164742 times)

Offline WhammyPower788

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • I'm on a horse.
    • Game Show Videos
Any time we hear "Starcrossed" and "Splendido" is definitely a good time  :-)
Visit GameShowVideos.com for lots of game show clips!

Offline RJSchex

• Walking the Golden Road
Finally. One of the episodes I'd most been looking for. (But I'm not done yet.)
Like this one, I'm always looking for any episodes in which "The Money Game" is played.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
I wonder if Wink has any episodes of his old show Words and Music from 1970. I've heard it wasn't a very good show, but it's been something I've been intrigued to see for a long time.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
To address my earlier post, Wink swapped around the two Concentration shows to keep them in chronological order. :embarassed: #1541 shall now be unlocked for 2,000 YouTube subscribers.

Speaking of Wink, he has found this in his collection:

8-O
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:44:23 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline SuperMatch93

I wonder if Wink has any episodes of his old show Words and Music from 1970. I've heard it wasn't a very good show, but it's been something I've been intrigued to see for a long time.
i

I asked on his Facebook page about it, and John Ricci Jr. said he'd keep an eye out for it.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
To address my earlier post, Wink swapped around the two Concentration shows to keep them in chronological order. :embarassed: #1541 shall now be unlocked for 2,000 YouTube subscribers.

Speaking of Wink, he has found this in his collection:

8-O

Now this is something. Going to be quite a sight if or when we get to see them.

i

I asked on his Facebook page about it, and John Ricci Jr. said he'd keep an eye out for it.

Awesome, thanks. As far as I'm aware that's one show that's been pretty much lost since its original broadcast; I don't think it ever found its way to the trading circuit over the years.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Now this is something. Going to be quite a sight if or when we get to see them.
Per a very recent update, they are currently transferring from Betamax not solely the final two episodes of Gambit but at least one Las Vegas Gambit episode (from the second part of the run, if the screencap shown is any indication):

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Wink has uploaded a blooper from the Geoff Edwards era of Chain Reaction (specifically 1987, based on the color scheme of the set):

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
Per a very recent update, they are currently transferring from Betamax not solely the final two episodes of Gambit but at least one Las Vegas Gambit episode (from the second part of the run, if the screencap shown is any indication):
<picture snipped>

That's a surprise. Looking forward to it.

Offline Borusa

• In Contestant's Row
Hopefully there are shows of the original 1974-1976 High Rollers out there. I would love to see the finale.

Offline RJSchex

Hopefully there are shows of the original 1974-1976 High Rollers out there. I would love to see the finale.
At least two, possibly three, episodes are known to exist. Two of them exist at the Paley Center, clips from a third—from the final seven weeks, using the "Face Lifters" format—can be seen on YouTube in the "March of the Game Show Hosts" video.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Looking through the notes I have compiled from a myriad of websites, I am aware of at least five episodes (possibly six, as RJSchex notes) that exist in some form:
-The two held by the Paley Center are June 11 and July 4, 1975, the former being a master copy (more specifically, per the listing, show #258) and the latter having been recorded by Andy Warhol. The former is also rather noteworthy for co-host Ruta Lee being hit in the head by a falling chandelier.
-Regarding the other three, they are held by Archival Television Audio, Inc. (as audio recordings, per the company title): the debut show (July 1, 1974); October 15, 1974; and July 15, 1975.

clips from a third—from the final seven weeks, using the "Face Lifters" format—can be seen on YouTube in the "March of the Game Show Hosts" video.
Which per my notes is from the 1983 Daytime Emmy Awards, among a variety of other game show clips.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:59:52 PM by GuyWithFace »

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
...Hm.

For whatever reason, several of the uploads have been made private, including the Baffle clips and Press Your Luck April Fool's joke.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
I've seen one of the Paley High Rollers shows. Fairly certain it was the July 4, 1975 episode. It was enjoyable, so I'd not complain if it came up on Wink's channel.

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
The July 3, 1975 episode also exists in the hands of a private collector and has been viewed by Adam Nedeff.
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!