Author Topic: Wink Martindale's Awesome Non-Price Clips and Episodes: The Ongoing Thread  (Read 164748 times)

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
While it's not part of Wink's vault, the pilot for It Had To Be You, whch turned into He Said, She Said, which then turned into Tattletales, is now on YouTube.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
I'd honestly say like Monopoly, the pilot for Trivial Pursuit was better than the actual series. To create multiple wedges for Daily Double-style Bonus Questions, a speedround that provides exciting finishes, as well as returning champs, and a set with a floor that resembles the actual gameboard, its too bad this show is just a footnoote in Wink's as well as being almost better known for Family Channel interactive games and Playbreaks. I like the tension in the bonus round where the clock tone gradually gets more dramatic as time counts down, and of course if this went to national syndication, we'd get the budget we have here instead of those cheap $100 Bonus Questions. This show was being pitched as early as 1987, and the only thing I would have added were to have different categories in each round like the series did, as well as the penalty for a blank guess be half of the value of the question, with the exception of the Bonus Questions.

It Had To Be You plays pretty similarly to He Said She Said, but I would have liked a buzzer system, and also feel that its unfair to the couple who gave the word to be penalized as much as the couple who guesses incorrectly just because they may have rung in a bit too slow. There's still the mini-cat fights though which helped to make Tattletales a fun watch.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
Tomorrow at 2pm Wink will be posting ABC’s pilot or Deal or No Deal.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
Yikes. That was cringeworthy.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
I did like the preliminary game.

Patrick Kielty was an odd choice for host. He was just bland imo, no click with the models or contestants. They should of went with a comedian to host the show.

I see why ABC passed on this. The Nbc version was better.

Offline wvoutlaw2002

• In Contestant's Row
    • XXCE Linux
Re: Wink Martindale's Awesome Non-Price Clips and Episodes: The Ongoing Thread
« Reply #381 on: September 11, 2021, 03:57:35 AM »
Wink has been teasing this on Facebook for a while.

Whew! is coming to Buzzr in September.

https://www.vulture.com/2021/08/70s-game-show-whew-to-air-on-retro-network-buzzr.html?utm_campaign=vulture&utm_medium=s1&utm_source=tw&fbclid=IwAR3CyYoeGDJxogYcBq4am3LOdOY_TFwTECWao3hXT-Yr2PH_NmIcepJczC0

I've been recording this on my IPTV app on my nVidia Shield every day with IPTV Extreme Pro. (I subscribe to an IPTV service called Eternal TV. It's not exactly legal.) Eagerly awaiting for them to air Randy's two episodes. I think Randy, Carrie Fedura, and Steve LeBlang were the best contestants the show ever had.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #382 on: November 15, 2021, 09:41:33 PM »
Today, Wink uploaded Merv Griffin's Buzzword pilot from 1986. This was pitched to NBC Daytime, but it didn't sell. However, the theme music to this pilot was later used on Wheel of Fortune for prizes, such as new cars in the bonus round, until the mid 1990s. An updated version of this music was used as the theme for Merv Griffin's Crosswords in 2007.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 09:48:52 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #383 on: November 16, 2021, 08:26:18 AM »
Oof that was rough

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #384 on: November 24, 2021, 05:51:32 PM »
Wink has just posted the second pilot of Big Spenders from 1974, hosted by Pat Harrington. Imagine if the team that later gave us Press Your Luck tried their take at TPIR, with a game that's a weird revival of the Cullen Era mixed with some added strategy regarding a bankroll along with a "hot potato" element of not being the first to go over the ARP, along with a bonus round that's similar to Most Expensive.

Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #385 on: November 24, 2021, 06:54:43 PM »
I think I was among the firrst to see this pilot and somehow Pat Harrington sounds like a combo of or something in between the voice of Joe Garagiola and Bill Rafferty.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #386 on: November 26, 2021, 11:39:41 AM »
That was also painful

Offline C8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #387 on: November 29, 2021, 02:46:02 PM »
I think I was among the firrst to see this pilot and somehow Pat Harrington sounds like a combo of or something in between the voice of Joe Garagiola and Bill Rafferty.

I felt like Pat reminded me of someone, too, but this isn't it. The best I can come up with is Monty Hall crossed with a sleazy used car salesman, but I still feel like he's trying to come off as someone else and I can't quite put my finger on it.

To his credit, Pat's energy seemed to be the only thing keeping such a dated (even for then) and dull format afloat.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #388 on: January 04, 2022, 10:14:37 PM »
To celebrate Jay Wolpert's life, Wink uploaded this unsold pilot Pie in the Sky, which Jay produced. Bob Goen hosts, while Rod Roddy announces. You'll notice the questions asked are written like the bloopers on Whew!

"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #389 on: August 04, 2022, 01:54:49 PM »
here's the pilot to Play the Percentages (with Geoff Edwards) that just finished premiering prior to me posting this link