Author Topic: Wink Martindale's Awesome Non-Price Clips and Episodes: The Ongoing Thread  (Read 165567 times)

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
Re: Wink Martindale's Awesome Non-Price Clips and Episodes: The Ongoing Thread
« Reply #225 on: November 23, 2018, 05:31:26 PM »
Including Family Feud, if you ever saw the Anderson years.

I didn't mind Louie Anderson IMO. I thought he was alright.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #226 on: November 23, 2018, 07:57:56 PM »
It's more than Match Game...it's Match Game 2! The host is annoyingly flamboyant, the set is just too cramped, and there are only five celebrities instead of six!
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline someguy23475

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #227 on: November 23, 2018, 11:22:09 PM »
Louie nearly ruined the Feud. He was so bored and depressed it was pathetic. MadTV even made sketches about it.

Tribond is the only one of the three which was watchable, even though Graham Elwood was not good. Charlene Tilton is one of the worst hosts I have ever seen. Dare I say it Patrick Wayne looks like Bob Barker compared to her.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2018, 03:16:10 AM »
Louie nearly ruined the Feud. He was so bored and depressed it was pathetic. MadTV even made sketches about it.
Hell, even disregarding Louie altogether for a moment, that era still sucked because of the inane "most points after round 4 wins" format. If one team was too far ahead, the game could end immediately following the single strike in round 4 (itself a mistake) if there weren't enough points on the board for the trailing team to win following the steal.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2018, 09:51:52 AM »
Louie wasn't bad on Feud his very early episodes he was a little awkward. Atleast Louie version had an proper into family intros and good Game Play and a Theme! Today everyone wants to say something sexual or crazy to get an reaction from Steve Harvey and to be on youtube.

MG2 The set looks like its from a public access talk show. I never heard of the panelist no name plates for them? Having the celebrities answer before the contestants took the fun and banter away. The forced fun made the show look extra cheesy.

CS pilot. I watched the first segment i am glad they kept the toss up questions and the format sucked as well. The women announcing the into voice was annoying. Why doesn't the host turn the cards?

Tribond i could really get into its a decent show. Graham is a good host when he tones it down i always pictured him a better Late Night host then Game show host.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #230 on: January 10, 2019, 01:26:51 PM »
And more should be on the way here soon...

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• In Contestant's Row
  • Third person to ever see the new studio
« Reply #231 on: January 13, 2019, 08:11:31 PM »
I had never seen Whew! before, but I think I've found a new favorite show.
I didn't get called down, but the guy next to me did

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Atlanta's WVEU (now CW's WUPA) was the Channel of Love here as they cleared Pyramid when our CBS affiliate passed on it. It aired on delay at 4 in the afternoon so I saw the return after I got home from work.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
I admit, I haven't seen an episode of Scrabble, until now!  Thanks for sharing.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #236 on: August 06, 2019, 06:22:43 PM »
This is a treat.  It's a copy of the studio master for the premiere of the 1989 version of Now You See It.

"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #237 on: August 07, 2019, 05:53:29 AM »
I thought it was strange that they didn't have the lights dancing around in the rings at the end of the episode. I couldn't tell if there were any changes to the format. I must say that it was neat that they used one of the insides of the rings to show people at home the prizes that some of the departing contestants would receive.

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #238 on: August 07, 2019, 11:29:25 AM »
Hell, even disregarding Louie altogether for a moment, that era still sucked because of the inane "most points after round 4 wins" format. If one team was too far ahead, the game could end immediately following the single strike in round 4 (itself a mistake) if there weren't enough points on the board for the trailing team to win following the steal.

Not only that, but I’ve seen a few episodes of that version in which a family could literally force a win by giving a nonsensical answer because there weren’t enough points on the board for the other team to steal.

Offline jmorgan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #239 on: August 10, 2019, 01:47:52 PM »
A TPIR clip of Charles playing Lucky 7 has been put up. It features something that a few contestants have done at the end.