Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 9/22/2014 (TPiR Season 43 Premiere)  (Read 20667 times)

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 9/22/2014 (TPiR Season 43 Premiere)
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2014, 03:59:52 PM »
However, it seemed to be too easy of a win.  It could have been the setup, but I have a feeling they're going to have to consider lowering the starting point to $15,000 or even $10,000 (even if they keep the $20,000 prize for getting all five right on the first try) if there are too many 5-digit wins.

Or just speed up the countdown, which would be less obvious to the average viewer. It's like when Millionaire went from network prime-time to daily syndication, the prize structure didn't change but the upper-level questions got a lot harder, so the game was overtly the same but in actuality a lot harder to win.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2014, 04:06:03 PM »
I'm also curious about the operation of the reveal.  It looks like the rotation is spring-loaded, but I don't know how they release it.  I didn't see any cables or wires coming from those platforms... at least not from a cursory glance at the floor.

There appears to be a wire running from the button's table to door #1, subtly taped down:

You can see the wires going beneath the frame of door #1 in this picture:

So that explains the button, at least. I couldn't easily spot any wires attached to the other table. Either they're hidden better -- or, since all of the cameras are wireless now, maybe they've also embraced using a wireless signal to activate the release?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2014, 06:04:25 PM »
I couldn't easily spot any wires attached to the other table. Either they're hidden better -- or, since all of the cameras are wireless now, maybe they've also embraced using a wireless signal to activate the release?

I thought about that.  It just seems like a rather expensive solution to a simple problem.  But then again, they're making a lot of fairly expensive changes lately.

Another random thing: Is this is the first pricing game that puts a functional game display on a flyaway rig?  (I'm not counting Pay the Rent's $100,000 sign.)