Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/13/2014 (TPiR Season 43 Dream Car Week - Day 1)  (Read 14416 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 10/13/2014 (TPiR Season 43 Dream Car Week - Day 1)
« on: October 13, 2014, 02:38:52 PM »
G-R Recap Test
Episode #6842K (TPiR Season 43 Dream Car Week - Day I)
Aired – 10/13/2014; Taped – 8/24/2014
Models: Matthew Atkinson, Hunter King, Rachel Reynolds
Microphone Handoff: Rachel
First Four Contestant Seating: Left to Right

First IUFB: Pair of Tablets (32GB tablets with kickstand, front-rear facing cameras, surround sound); ARP: $898 (Hunter and Matthew)

JANA ANGELA KATRINA JACOB
899 800 900 700

The winner is...
ANGELA

Angela is playing SWITCH? for ATV (Kymco: Mongoose 300 ATV with 270cc liquid cooled engine, ACVT) (Matthew) and a washer and dryer (Large capacity washer and electric dryer courtesy of Plessers.com) (Rachel).

These prices are either correct or need to be switched:

ATV
$3849
SWITCH?
WASHER/DRYER
$2748
SWITCH?

Angela chooses to stay...

ATV
$3849
$3849
WASHER/DRYER
$2748
$2748

WIN

Second IUFB: Designer Jewelry (Jewelryboss: 24ct gold necklace, bracelet, 2 gemstone earrings); ARP: $1,210 (Overhead)

JANA OTIS KATRINA JACOB
1 1450 1550 1200

The winner is...
JACOB

Jacob is playing LUCKY $EVEN for 2014 Porsche Cayenne (AWD, 3.6L engine, 8-speed tiptonic S AT, roof system, PowerSteerling Plus, park assist) (Rachel).

First number is...

$

Remaining: $7

Guess: 7

$

Guess: 4

$

Guess: 5

$

Remaining: $6

Guess: 5

$

Remaining: $6

WIN

Third IUFB: Designer Luggage (TPRC: His and Her Racquet Club collection with 6-piece set); ARP: $1,400 (Rachel)

JANA OTIS KATRINA FREDWAYNA
700 1200 800 900

The winner is...
OTIS

Otis is playing Shell Game for a trip to Boston (RT Coach to Boston, MA for a 6n stay at Kipton's Onyx Hotel + daily breakfast, trolley passes; ARP: $8,185) (Hunter and Matthew).

Small prizes (Rachel):

1) Soft-Serve Ice Cream Maker
$45
LOWER
$30
LOWER
2) Handheld vacuum
$150
LOWER
$199
HIGHER
3) Juice Extractor
$99
HIGHER
$75
LOWER
4) Yes! Full Body Hair Remover
$25
HIGHER
$40
HIGHER

LOSS (Total Winnings: $70; Ball was in No. 4)

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Otis $1,470 30 85 1.15
OVER
Angela $7,495 5 95 1.00 *$1,000*
Jacob $58,681 75 75 1.50
OVER

Bonus...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Angela $8,495 65
*SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: Patio Heater (Totum: Natural outdoor gas heater); ARP: $1,598 (Rachel)

JANA CAMERON KATRINA FREDWAYNA
900 1100 1400 1500

The winner is...
FREDWAYNA

Fredwayna is playing Bonkers for an outdoor kitchen island (Summerset Outdoor Living: Fridge, sideburner, 3 drawers, 30in gas grill) (Hunter and Matthew).

6 7 4 5

First guess:

6 7 4 5

BUZZ! (0:20)

Second guess:

6 7 4 5

BUZZ! (0:10)

Third guess:

6 7 4 5

9 3 5 9

WIN (0:00)

Fifth IUFB: Video Game Package (WiiU bundle with 8GB SSS and gamepad); ARP: $520 (Matthew)

JANA CAMERON KATRINA VITO
650 651 1 649

The winner is...
KATRINA

Katrina is playing Pass the Buck for a 2014 Mini Cooper Roadster MX6 Convertible (1.6L engine, AT, Bluetooth; ARP: $28,450) (Rachel).

1) Plus White Whitening System
$
ARP: $8.80
2) Blue Diamond Almonds

ARP: $4.59
3) Oregon Blueberries
ARP: $4.19
4) Aspercreme Pain Relief Creme
$
ARP: $5.49
Katrina chooses number 5.
$5,000
Katrina chooses number 2.
LOSE EVERYTHING
$5,000
LOSS. Board was:
$3,000
LOSE EVERYTHING
LOSE EVERYTHING
$1,000
$5,000
CAR

Dream Car Week brings back the limo again. Oy vey, Jana has been here all show, including the one buck overbid earlier. Can she escape or is a trip to Potawatomi Point, Indiana coming?

Sixth IUFB: Designer Shoes (BCBG: Ankle booties, pumps, high heel sandals); ARP: $895 (Hunter)

JANA CAMERON MELISSA VITO
875 701 700 850

The winner is...
JANA

Jana escapes is playing Double Cross for an exercise bike (StarTrac: Spin bike with drive train) (Rachel) and a computer (Apple: 27in MacPro with 12GB memory, quadcore processor, monitor, wireless keyboard, moniotr, Bluetooth Speakers, printer) (Matthew)

BIKE

BIKE

COMPUTER

COMPUTER

Jana sets the screens to:

BIKE

BIKE

COMPUTER

COMPUTER

ARPs: $1,745 and $4,378. WIN

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL RESULT
Katrina $520 5 60 .65
Jana $7,018 30 35 .65
Fredwayna $10,957 60 35 .95 *SHOWCASE*

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES

Fredwayna has the honors...

SC1 - Angela

THE EBOLA IN OUR TRAVEL CURE
  • Trip to Thailand (Coach to Phuket, TH for a 6n stay in 1-bedroom penthouse at Twin Palms Phuket = daily breakfast, 1 dinner, 24hr butler service, massage, bodywrap at day spa) (Rachel)
  • Trip to Morocco (Coach to Casablanca, MO for a 6n stay in kingview room at 5-star hotel + half-day sightseeing tour, dinner, bellydancing show; fly back to LA) (Rachel)
  • Motorcycle (Honda: Shadow Phantom with 745cc V-Twin engine) (Matthew)
Bid: $26,000

SC2 - Fredwayna

GLOW IN THE DARK, RADIOACTIVELY
  • Television (55in LED 1080P HDTV with DTS stuio sound, web brower, SmartHub) (Hunter)
  • Trip to Rio de Janeiro (RT Coach to Rio de Janeiro, BR for a 6n stay in superior cityview room at opulent Art Deco hotel near Copacabana Beach + daily breakfast, private surf lesson) (Hunter)
  • Ski Boat (17ft 6in Bayliner 175 Bowrider with bucket seating, platform with ladder, trailer) (Matthew)
Bid: $31,000
Angela
$26,000
TRIPS/CYCLE
$29,981
$3,981
TRIPS/CYCLE
*WIN*
$38,476
Fredwayna
$31,000
SKI BOAT
$37,740
$6,740
SKI BOAT

Results: 4 out of 6
Winnings: $117,122
Biggest Winner: Jacob ($58,681)

This Recap is solely intended for the purpose of Golden-Road.net.
Reproduction of this without authorized consent is prohibited.

Recap produced by Roadgeek Adam
Templates by Visualbasicwizard and WhammyPower788
CSS work provided by cu2010.

Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/13/2014 (TPiR Season 43 Dream Car Week - Day 1)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 02:46:35 PM »
Not only did Jacob win L7 today for the Porsche Cayenne, he tied the game's all-time record for most money left at the end!

Katrina should've stuck to her gut on walking w/ the $5K in PtB.

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 02:51:33 PM »
My two cents:

Switch: Good win. And she even won $1,000 on the Big Wheel and her Showcase!
Lucky Seven: What a way to kick off Dream Car Week! That's the closest I've ever seen to a perfect Lucky Seven! And for a Porsche Cayenne, too! (though I didn't expect it to be under $60K, but what does it matter?) NOTE: Someone actually touches the car BEFORE the game starts. Interesting.
Shell Game: Good to see it back, shame to see it lost.
Bonkers: What a player in Fredwayna! Despite looking at the audience and taking up time, she still made it by the skin of her teeth!
Pass the Buck: Well, it's a shame to see a loss here (I would've taken the $5K and run, no matter what car was at stake), but it's awesome to at least see it played for a Mini Cooper Roadster worth over $28,000!
Double Cross: I knew that MacPro was expensive. And good to see that Jana knew that, too!

Showcases: The Ski Boat Showcase with the TV and trip to Rio was the superior one, though the 2TS w/the Shadow Phantom was sweet!
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Charizard632

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 03:14:49 PM »
My favorite moments from this episode

Switch?: Easy Win
Lucky Seven: Jacob had one of the best plays on Lucky Seven!!! He won a Porsche Cayenne! Also, this was the first win in Lucky Seven.
Shell Game: First play in the season. Too bad it lost. The small prizes were especially tricky.
Bonkers: Although the contestant was slow, she was able to get the right paddle positions just within the time limit. I shed happy tears because of this.
Clever $1 bid on the Wii U!
Pass The Buck: Also got its first play on Season 43. Too bad it was a painful loss. I cried for a few seconds.
Double Cross: Easy win, especially since the computer and its add-ons were fancy.

Showcase 1: Opening up with a trip to Thailand. Awesome! And now a trip to Morocco. And now a motorcycle, which may be the least expensive item in the showcase. I would bid $34,000 on the showcase.
Showcase 2: Opening up with a TV. OK. And now a trip to Rio de Janerio. Finally a ski boat!! I would bid $30,000 on this showcase.

And here's a question: What is with the Indiana trips when someone stays in Contestant's row the whole show? I'm just curious.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 04:22:24 PM »
That was the best playing of Lucky $even I've ever seen.  It was set up to be won, since all the numbers were in the middle of the range, but the fact that Jacob only lost one dollar throughout the entire game is amazing.

Bonkers was a miraculous win.  All of us in chat thought Fredwayna would kill her chances of winning for moving too slow, but when she pulled the win off at the last second, all of us were floored.

The boat in showcase number two must have been really expensive in order for the showcase to be almost $40,000 in price.  That, or the trip to Brazil was absolutely loaded.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 04:26:54 PM »
Switch: What a fantastic day for Angela! An easy Switch setup, a dollar spin, and a showcase win!
Lucky 7: That was one of the best playings of Lucky 7 I've ever seen for a long time and a gangbusters way to kick off Dream Car Week. 
Shell Game: Happy to see it played, but wow, that was a tricky setup.  That Boston trip looked quite fun.
Bonkers: Hooray! Bonkers is back with a win! Yes, Fredwayna was a bit slow, but she won and that's what matters.
Pass the Buck: That Cooper roadster was spiffy, but here was the heartbreaking play of the day.  What a bummer.
Double Cross: Good playing, and it's good that Jana didn't lowball the computer.
Showcases: I liked the Ski Boat showcase better, and I'm not too surprised to see it was the losing one as boats are a tricky beast to price.  \

Final Take: That was an awesome way to kick off Dream Car Week and the bar has been set very high for the rest of the week.  Hopefully today's show is a good omen for the rest of the shows.
President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Online blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 04:32:27 PM »
Question for those who would know... has there EVER been a completely perfect playing of Lucky Seven, or is today the closest we've ever come? Since unless I'm much mistaken, today is the closest you can come without it being a truly perfect win.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 04:51:13 PM »
You know, season 43 has been good so far. We've seen Time is Money revived with a much better set and much better gameplay, a fantastic upgrade to the Clock Game set, and even a perfect show. But with the season premiere "theme" so deemphasized nowadays, Dream Car Week became the first "theme" of season 43 to be of interest and it delivered today!

Switch? Easy win. Washer and dryer sets tend to be between $2000 and $3000 and ATVs are usually more expensive so that was clearly setup to be won. Those tablets were a nice contestants row prize as well. BTW: Those were windows tablets. The windows logo was visible on tablets during the presentation.

Lucky $even: Wow! Just wow! Segment of the day for sure and a candidate for segment of the year. Just to see the Porsche Cayenne was a real treat. But then to have it won was totally awesome baby! I loved the fact that a game where wins are truly earned was played for it and that the setup was reasonable. Today's contestant played the game as well as Lucky $even has been played in a long time and 100% earned that dream car. A round of applause for today's contestant for his excellent gameplay and congratulations to today's contestant on the Porsche Cayenne.

Shell Game: While it's too bad it wasn't won I was quite glad just to see this game show up. The juice extracter was quite tricky but the other SPs were all winnable. Unfortunate that nice Boston trip wasn't won.

Bonkers: Not the best gameplay but it's always exciting to see a last try win. Fun last second win of a nice outdoor kitchen island.

Pass the Buck: It was a treat to see the Mini Cooper even though it wasn't won. Under normal circumstances I would always bailout at $5000 and one pick left. The Mini Cooper being such a wonderful prize would have made my decision harder. You can make a case for going either way today. I think I would have bailed at $5000 but it would have been a tough call. I personally would be fairly risk adverse to losing $5000 but a Mini Cooper being offered makes it a much tougher choice. It's a real shame today's contestant got nothing from the game.

Double Cross: Setup to be won. Most of us know that a 27 inch Apple is going to be pricey, especially given both the specs it ad and the accessories that came with it. An easy win of some nice prizes.

Showcases: Not the best day for showcases. I'm not a boat person but overall I might prefer that showcase because I'll always say yes to a TV and I prefer Rio over the trips in the Honda Motorcycle showcase. The Honda Motorcycle was really cool though.

Lineup: Very Good: Lucky $even is a strong game and an ideal game to play for a dream car. It's always a treat when Shell Game turns up and Bonkers is always fun. I hate Pass the Buck because of how luck based it is (Today's contestant would have actually won $5000 with worse pricing.) Double Cross makes a great closer but Switch? becomes dull when used as a lead off hitter. However, because I really like how the rest of the lineup was slotted I would not change any slotting today. Overall it was very good. Great to see Shell Game again and awesome to see Lucky $even played for a dream car.

Overall: The Porsche win alone makes me hope this show turns up in reruns. And let's see, very good lineup, some awesome cars offered, four wins, and our first notable theme of the season with Dream Car Week made this a great show.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 05:33:26 PM »
The boat in showcase number two must have been really expensive in order for the showcase to be almost $40,000 in price.  That, or the trip to Brazil was absolutely loaded.

Rough pricing on the boat (thank you Bayliner) is coming up at $21,503 after taxes, destination fees, etc. The "superior cityview room at an Art Deco hotel near Copacabana Beach" is probably most of the remainder, though I'll wait for the whinbaby ruling on that.

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 05:49:21 PM »
The "superior cityview room at an Art Deco hotel near Copacabana Beach" is probably most of the remainder, though
Hey, Brazil has to recoup its World Cup and Olympics costs somehow.

Color me disappointed in that Lucky Seven setup. I know it's fun to see people win, but I'm more concerned with just how willing they were to give away the car. He barely had to earn it.

The Bonkers contestant totally rubbed me the wrong way.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 06:12:24 PM »

And here's a question: What is with the Indiana trips when someone stays in Contestant's row the whole show? I'm just curious.

The idea is the replacement to the First Four Breakfast Club & Mugshot from Joe Capitano and Kitch, former recappers. Mine, since the beginning of Season 41 has been the First Four Limo and I choose a place to send it. Simple.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 06:13:33 PM »
Love that Lucky Seven setup today. All 5's would had won today.

You know it's daytime when as soon as Fredwayna starting Twerking with Drew , the camera cut away almost instantly.

Online blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 06:25:05 PM »
The idea is the replacement to the First Four Breakfast Club & Mugshot from Joe Capitano and Kitch, former recappers. Mine, since the beginning of Season 41 has been the First Four Limo and I choose a place to send it. Simple.
Any idea where you'll be sending them next, once you've exhausted all your Indiana stops? :-P

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 07:51:26 PM »
Lucky $even cannot be played much better than that!  And for a Porsche, no less.

I don't know how the hell Bonkers was won.

It's the attack of the sexed-up boats again.

My showcase bids:
Motorcycle--$23,707
Boat--$31,707
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 09:11:28 PM »
Quite the enjoyable show today (more on this later). But I gotta get something out of the way first: Drew's explanation of the Bonkers gameplay was pretty bad, and his Shell Game explanation was just horrible.

Now, what a fantastic Lucky $even win. Getting 3 out of 4 digits exactly right, including getting the second digit, after a five, correct? WHAT??!  :-o :)    Talk about lucky!

I wish Drew would have "pulled a Bob" and mentioned the number of dollar bills the contestant had left &/or asked or talked about the record.

Pass The Buck! One of my favorite games! It's always better to me when the contestant gets more than one pick and has a tough decision, or decisions, to make. Too bad about the loss.