Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 20 (MDS 6)  (Read 21741 times)

Offline Bandon23

• Walking the Golden Road
  • HYO Contestant.
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 20 (MDS 6) - SCSD2
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2014, 07:08:56 AM »
7, 11 and 19, stop will be about 65. or whatever to beat the leader.
My status of the Host Your Own W/L:
Temptation (0-1)|Safe Crackers (0-1)|Double Cross (0-1)|Bullseye (1-0)|Flip-Flop (1-0)|Fortune Hunter (1-0)|Pass The Buck (1-0)|Grand Game(1-0)|3 Strikes (0-1)|Line Em' Up (0-1)|Bonkers (1-0)

Showcases won: 2
Showcases lost: 3

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2014, 11:38:38 AM »
And first up is JustBecause.

(wheel beeps)

Around and around it goes, and it looks like it's going to come to a stop on...

...65 cents. Now that's a tricky number, and it looks like you're going to go again.

(wheel beeps)

Now don't get anything over 35. I think 30 would be nice, or 10 if it can make it there...NO!!!

MRRRRRRRRP!

(audience groans)

If I were you, I would've stopped at 65 the first time. Thanks for playing, JustBecause, and now it's corneliuscarter's turn to spin.

(wheel beeps)

There's nobody to beat right now, and let's see what you're going to start out with. How about...

...65 cents? I believe you will take that, so over there you go.

DING!

(applause)

Now Bandon23 will try to beat 65 cents.

(wheel beeps)

Will he do it with one spin? We will find out in a moment. And it looks like he will...

...with a score of 95 cents. Congratulations, Bandon23, you're going to the Showcase! Now, we're up to Moment No. 3, which features a disastrous ending from Episode 10, one that we hope does not happen tonight. Here it is.

Episode 10: Double-Overbid!

OK, it's time to find out who won. wpghi5, we're going to start with you. You had the swimsuits, trips to Hawaii and Jamaica, a Chevy Camaro and a Dodge Challenger. Your bid was $82,000, and the actual retail price is: (low, sad voice) $66,280.

MRRRRRRRRP!

You are over, and I'm so sorry. Now Flerbert419, if you do not go over, you will win your Showcase. You had the satellite radio tuner, trips to Seattle, New Orleans and Miami and a Cadillac XTS; you bid $77,777. Actual retail price: (low, sad voice) $61,348.

MRRRRRRRRP!/Losing Horns

You're over as well. Wow, we picked a hell of a time to have the first Double-Overbid in this series! (audience groans) But I hope you both had fun anyway, and we'll see you again soon.

(Dig We Must 2007)

We'll have the Showcases on the other side of this break, and hopefully someone will win this time. Stay right there; you don't want to miss it!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 20 (MDS 6): SHOWCASES
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2014, 12:00:06 PM »
It's Showcase time on The Price is Right, and we have Bandon23 as the Top Winner and SuperSweeper as the Runner-Up. Each of you will have a Showcase of lovely prizes to bid on, and the one who bids closer to the actual retail price without going over will win it. And, if you are $1,000 or less away from the retail price of your own Showcase, we will give you both Showcases...and one million dollars!

("$1,000,000" spins on screen)

(Million-Dollar Game reveal stinger)

(wild cheers and applause)

So with that in mind, pay attention to the first Showcase, because it could go to either one of you. Good luck, and here it is!

(Please Come Home for Christmas by the Eagles)

GEORGE: This Showcase features prizes revealed that make it all worth coming home to this Christmas. And it all starts with this Christmas tree! (Rachel models it) (applause)

Make the holidays bright with this fully decorated Christmas tree that can be displayed either indoors or outside. Lights and decorations are included. Then, after you've finished putting up the decorations, put on a DVD and play some tunes from this collection of holiday movies and CD's! (Amber models it) (applause)

This holiday collection features the greatest movies ever made, from perennial classics like Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life to contemporary favorites Home Alone and The Santa Clause. And enjoy hours of your favorite Christmas tunes on CD from artists like Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, the Beach Boys, Elvis Presley, Harry Connick Jr., Mariah Carey and more. And we're going to double our final gift to you, which means you're not getting just one, but two new cars! (Manuela models them) (cheers and applause)

They are a 2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe and an 2015 Acura RLX sedan. Both come with standard features, 6-speed automatic transmission, AM/FM/CD stereo with SiriusXM Satellite Radio, premium leather seating and engine block heater. And this Showcase will make you feel like you're at home for the holidays, if the price is right!

Now Bandon23, it's decision time for you: Are you going to bid on this Showcase, or pass it to SuperSweeper?

Offline Bandon23

• HYO Contestant.
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2014, 12:16:32 PM »
I'll bid, $18500
Temptation (0-1)|Safe Crackers (0-1)|Double Cross (0-1)|Bullseye (1-0)|Flip-Flop (1-0)|Fortune Hunter (1-0)|Pass The Buck (1-0)|Grand Game(1-0)|3 Strikes (0-1)|Line Em' Up (0-1)|Bonkers (1-0)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2014, 12:52:22 PM »
That's interesting, a bid of $18,500.

$18,500
BANDON23

DING!

But that's your bid, and now SuperSweeper, here's your Showcase!

(Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt)

GEORGE: SuperSweeper, your Showcase features prizes revealed as we give you a lesson on how to keep your lady happy this Christmas. And it all starts with this collection of fine stemware! (Manuela models it) (applause)

Drink to your heart's content with this 12-piece stemware set, which is dishwasher-safe and made of shatterproof glass. Next, we have the trip of every lady's dreams, which is none other than a trip to New York City! (Rachel models it) (cheers and applause)

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to New York City for a six-night stay at the Manhattan Grand Hotel. Includes daily continental breakfast, and it's within easy distance of Broadway, Central Park, the Empire State Building, and many of the Big Apple's other fine attractions. Daily continental breakfast and room service included. And finally, to make her really, really happy, you are going to need a set of keys to our final prize, this new BMW convertible! (Amber models it) (cheers and applause)

It's the 2015 BMW 650i convertible. Take to the road and the open air in this luxurious convertible that comes with all the standard features, plus 4.4-liter V8 engine with 8-speed automatic transmission, AM/FM stereo with SiriusXM Satellite Radio and MP3 jack, 12-disc CD changer, premium leather seating, cargo net and engine block heater. And this Showcase will make your lady love you even more, if the price is right!

And SuperSweeper, what is your bid on that Showcase?

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2014, 03:28:12 PM »
I would say $97,500 Sweeper.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2014, 07:10:22 PM »
Hmmmmmm...the question is: How I do I bid?  If I were bidding on showcase 1, I would've bid $72,000. 

I'm going to play it safe and say $66,671.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 20 (MDS 6): SHOWCASES
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2014, 09:11:07 AM »
Very well then, your bid is $66,671.

$66,671
SUPERSWEEPER

DING!

(applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

And we'll be back to reveal the winner shortly, but first, we have Moment No. 2 from Episode 11. This is a Check-Out win you had to see to believe. Let's watch it again.

Episode 11: Check Out This Exciting Win!

So if your total is between $23.02 and $27.02, you're a winner. Now what is the price of the Ritz crackers? $4.19.

DING!

How much is the Diet Coke? $2.99.

DING!

You're up to $7.18. The cheese is...$10.99, and what is the total now?

DING!

$18.17. Show us the price of the Chap-Stick. $1.99, which brings us up to...

DING!

...$20.16. I think you may have won. And last but not least, the price of the Advil is...$5.39, and now we have a grand total of...

DING!

...$25.55, for a difference of...53¢, you're a winner!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(TPIR Theme 2007)

That was the most beautiful playing of Check-Out I have ever seen! Congratulations, 88JRFAN, and we'll see you at the Wheel.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 20 (MDS 6)
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2014, 09:52:47 AM »
Welcome back to The Price is Right $1,000,000 Spectacular, where we're about to reveal the big winner on my 20th show. Bandon23, you bid $18,500 on your Showcase, which included a Christmas tree, a holiday collection, a Cadillac ATS and an Acura RLX. Actual retail price: $95,165, for a difference of...

$76,665
BANDON23

DING!

...$76,665, and I'll bet you're kicking yourself right now. (laughter) Now over to SuperSweeper, whose Showcase included a stemware set, a trip to New York and a BMW 650i convertible. Your bid was $66,671, and the actual retail price is: $98,264, for a difference of...

$31,593
SUPERSWEEPER

...$31,593, and SuperSweeper, you are the winner!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(TPIR Theme 2007)

(cheers and applause)

$101,099
SUPERSWEEPER

$101,099

SuperSweeper has won $101,099 worth of prizes tonight, including that BMW. Congratulations! Now, we're up to Moment No. 1. What do you get when you take a Bonus Spin, a Spin-Off, and $85,000 in cash? This exciting moment from Episode 10! Take a look.

Episode 10: The Big Spin-Off!

Cyclone will go first this time.

(wheel beeps)

This is looking good, this is looking real good. Here comes more money for you...

CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-CLANG!

(Dig We Must 2007)

(cheers and applause)

...$25,000 more for you, that is! (resets wheel to 5-cent space) And now, wpghi5 will get his Bonus Spin to see if he can beat 15 cents.

(wheel beeps)

Now this could get interesting again. This could get interesting again...YOU GOT THE DOLLAR AGAIN!

CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-WHOOP-WHOOP-WHOOP!

(Dig We Must 2007)

You win $50,000 more, and you're going to the Showcase. Congratulations!

(That Holiday Feeling by Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme)

And that's the end of this 20th episode as host of The Price is Right! Teddy here, reminding you to help control the pet population and get your pets spayed or neutered, because it's the right thing to do. Happy Holidays; thanks for watching. We'll see you on the daytime Price is Right, and here's to 20 more! Good night, everybody!

(as end credits roll, random staff member rolls out large cake with the number 20 on top)

GEORGE: This is George Gray speaking for The Price is Right, a FremantleMedia production!

TOTAL WINNINGS:
SuperSweeper ($101,099)
Bandon23 ($51,639)
corneliuscarter ($30,314)
CheckGameMeBob ($9,640)
JustBecause ($2,761)
AMGray1986 ($1,449)

And now I've officially joined the ranks of the elite, having an HYO series that has lasted at least 20 episodes, a distinction shared with Frank15, goldroadfanatic, leafsfan17 and the moderator himself, Jordanar18, among others. If someone had told me that I would host that many episodes back when I first got started way back in 2008, I would've said they were crazy, and that I just wanted to host a few shows just to get a feel of the excitement of the HYO section. Little did I know then that it would gain a big following afterwards, so I'm grateful for that.

For the second time in my series, all the prize cues were replaced with holiday music; this time, I successfully completed a holiday-themed episode just in time for Christmas.

I'm taking a holiday break right now, but I'll be back in 2015 to pick up where I left off, so it's up to the other hosts to step up in the meantime.

And here's the TPG recap:

CheckGameMeBob: Golden Road/Push Over/Check Game/Time is Money/Shell Game/Pass the Buck
SuperSweeper: Triple Play/Push Over/Time is Money/Switcheroo/Money Game/Squeeze Play
corneliuscarter: Coming or Going/Dice Game/Double Prices/Eazy az 1 2 3/Five Price Tags/Flip Flop
wpghi5: Time Is Money/Take Two/Any Number/Push Over/Pass The Buck/Double Prices
Bandon23: Take Two/Any Number/Lucky $even/3 Strikes/Check Game/Bonkers
silverice878: Golden Road/Push Over/Most Expensive/Take Two/Now.... or Then/Five Price Tags
AMGray1986: Any Number/1/2 Off/Switcheroo/Push Over/Pass the Buck/Eazy as 1 2 3
JustBecause: 5 Price Tags/Pushover/Time Is Money/Switcheroo/Range Game/Temptation
holein1isawesome: Golden Road/Range Game/Pass the Buck/Time is Money/Switcheroo/Any Number

And the winners are: wpghi5 and AMGray1986, who got three games right. As a result, they will be granted First Four passes if they sign up for the next show. And because AMGray1986 is the only one who correctly guessed the three remaining unplayed games that appeared on this show, he also wins the $10,000 bonus!

As Time is Money and Hurdles are the last two games that have yet to be played in my series, I will feature one of them in each of my next two shows.

Up next: Episode 21, aka the first show of 2015. The floor is now open for your comments.

Offline Bandon23

• HYO Contestant.
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 20 (MDS 6) - SHOWCASES
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2014, 12:12:39 PM »
Well, I'm afraid to go over if I bid $96000, so I have to hand out a SuperSweeper showcase win.