Author Topic: Hilarious take on the show these days...  (Read 3054 times)

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
Hilarious take on the show these days...
« on: January 10, 2015, 04:25:24 AM »
This video is a couple of months old, but I didn't see it posted here so I thought I'd share it.

A pretty accurate description overall, especially coming from a seemingly casual fan. It had me rolling.  :oldlol:
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
Re: Hilarious take on the show these days...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 04:47:43 AM »
Thank you William, this was absolutely hilarious. As Homer Simpson would say: "It's funny cause it's true!"
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 03:50:42 PM »
Obligatory nitpick: a $80 prize in Cliff Hangers would fail the 20-30-40 autowin situation which has been in place for many years.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 05:58:52 PM »
Obligatory nitpick: a $80 prize in Cliff Hangers would fail the 20-30-40 autowin situation which has been in place for many years.

Uhhhh, no. The contestant's GUESS was $80.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 06:42:50 PM »
Uhhhh, no. The contestant's GUESS was $80.

While that wasn't how I heard it originally, I could see how you could interpret it that way.  That wouldn't make sense with the comment of how you could get it for cheaper elsewhere, though.

I wouldn't have felt the need to argue more about this silly video but that "Uhhhh, no" was so dismissive, unnecessary, and so unmoderator-like that I felt like it deserved a response.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 08:18:19 AM »
Actually the comment would make sense. Many a time I've watched Price with someone who wasn't a regular watcher but they knew the contestant was wrong about the guess of a price because they saw the exact same product cheaper elsewhere. Dad thought the contestant's guess of $80 was too high, well over the mountain climber's $25 range, and boom goes the mountain climber.

No offense or rudeness was directed to you at all, I was just pointing out what I felt was an error on your part. And yes, while the video is silly it did give me a much needed laugh. Sometimes I think we should watch things for entertainment value and not over-scrutinize them.

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 01:52:55 PM »
Apologies to those who found the accent annoying...it is a very authentic Pittsburgh accent, one you'll hear many older Pittsburgh natives (including 90% of my male relatives) using...but it was voted ugliest accent in the US.  :-D

Let's face it, Cliff Hangers nitpicking aside it was 95% accurate regarding the show...most satires don't even come close to that.